User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 86

  1. #21
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Here's a post I wrote, replying to @Elfboy's take on 3w4s:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...85#post1989685
    I do relate.
    It's just that I don't know that I need to be extraordinary to be happy. I've had phases like that, but I told myself it was silly and I should just strive to be the best version of myself possible, and achieve happiness in my life, meeting my own goals, but not having to be some other-worldly person. I'm probably BS-ing myself here, I would absolutely love to be extraordinary, but I'm not sure how much I need it.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  2. #22
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    Gutfixes are for the weak, imagine if the dude in your avatar had a gutfix, with an extra head fix he surely has the intellectual advantage.
    Well, he turns into a tree at the end of the video it's from, so...
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  3. #23
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    I do relate.
    It's just that I don't know that I need to be extraordinary to be happy. I've had phases like that, but I told myself it was silly and I should just strive to be the best version of myself possible, and achieve happiness in my life, meeting my own goals, but not having to be some other-worldly person. I'm probably BS-ing myself here, I would absolutely love to be extraordinary, but I'm not sure how much I need it.
    Sure, you don't NEED to be extraordinary it's one of the ways to stand out if you want to sell yourself.

    Man, I'm coming off like an advertising agent right now.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  4. #24
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Sure, you don't NEED to be extraordinary it's one of the ways to stand out if you want to sell yourself.

    Man, I'm coming off like an advertising agent right now.
    But can you really sell yourself and still preserve your identity internally? It's push-and-pull. I can act flashy, but it feels like a betrayal of myself if kept up for too long. I like to have it be more dichotomous, or seem that way - for example, I dress very femininely, floral prints, skirts, and heels galore. I'm very into fashion and looking good. But I can't act out the persona you might assume by seeing how I dress, and I prefer it that way. Does that make sense?
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  5. #25
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    But can you really sell yourself and still preserve your identity internally? It's push-and-pull. I can act flashy, but it feels like a betrayal of myself if kept up for too long. I like to have it be more dichotomous, or seem that way - for example, I dress very femininely, floral prints, skirts, and heels galore. I'm very into fashion and looking good. But I can't act out the persona you might assume by seeing how I dress, and I prefer it that way. Does that make sense?
    I kinda get what you're trying to say. Then again isn't preserving your identity a way of standing out(?), since nobody else can be you?

    And I get what you're saying about how you dress isn't really reflective of your persona. Me thinks that your dress sense reflects your style, but not your whole personality. It's just a facet, among many others.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  6. #26
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    I kinda get what you're trying to say. Then again isn't preserving your identity a way of standing out(?), since nobody else can be you?

    And I get what you're saying about how you dress isn't really reflective of your persona. Me thinks that your dress sense reflects your style, but not your whole personality. It's just a facet, among many others.
    This is true. It reflects my style, but not my personality. You get it uwu
    Still thinking 3w4, then?
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  7. #27
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    This is true. It reflects my style, but not my personality. You get it uwu
    Still thinking 3w4, then?
    Yerrrp. I'd only use 3w4 as a way to improve myself.

    It's like I'm 3w4, but I am so much more than 3w4. And so are you.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  8. #28
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Yerrrp. I'd only use 3w4 as a way to improve myself.

    It's like I'm 3w4, but I am so much more than 3w4. And so are you.
    Thank you - by chance, do you have any idea for my tritype, if you're into that stuff? (besides 365?)
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  9. #29
    subterfugee Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,749

    Default


  10. #30
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFPs, does this happen to you too?
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM
  3. most annoying thing that's happened to you?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Extroverts does this happen to you?
    By BerberElla in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
  5. [ENFP] does this happen to you ENFP's? or any other types?
    By cheerchick23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO