User Tag List

View Poll Results: My E- type and variant?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll

1 11.11%

0 0%

1 11.11%

0 0%

2 22.22%

2 22.22%

0 0%

3 33.33%

2 22.22%
  • w1

2 22.22%
  • w2

0 0%
  • w3

0 0%
  • w4

1 11.11%
  • w5

1 11.11%
  • w6

1 11.11%
  • w7

0 0%
  • w8

0 0%
  • w9

1 11.11%
  • sp/so

3 33.33%
  • sp/sx

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Infinite Bubble

Default Double checking Enneagram type

As, to me, Enneagram always came as a secondary, and somewhat lesser theory to that of Jung, I always just assumed I was righting thinking my type was 5w4 without being too bothered to delve any deeper into it. The more I think about it though, I'm not sure I'm as motivated by gaining knowledge for itself (like a 5) as I am accumulating it for being creative (which is my true motivator). I've thought about the possibility of being a 3, 1 or 9 too, but I doubt being a 2, 7 or 8. Tritype would be brilliant, but I don't think nearly enough information is here for that call. Cue the massive poll!

And a quiz from Personality Cafe:

1.What drives you in life? What do you look for?

There is really only one single thing that drives me in life, and that is being creative. I am creative in many forms – not just artistically – but thinking creatively in general.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I want to be successful and well known in my fields. It would give me enormous satisfaction to show the world my creations. Think in new patterns to bring forward novel perspectives about things.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I do not want to be stuck in a rut, not doing anything day in and day out. I’m not bothered about building a family, but being generally inactive, not being motivated towards a bigger, better goal and being in a menial job position my entire life would be terrible.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

What I just explained in the previous question. Apart from that, not much. I can be quite apathetic in that respect. My main problems are simply phobias, but they cause a lot of trouble. I’ve always had a strange fear of going blind ever since I was a child. If I were pushed, it would also be something to do with being in some kind of major illness/injury; such as being shot, having a limb cut off or having a tumour. I’m betting most people have a problem with all that too though!

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

Intelligent and good at what I do. I believe I have these qualities but they do not show up for other people to see very often. I’m naturally secretive and withhold a lot.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Completing or just starting a project makes feel good, as does having an interesting conversation with someone, typically about science/the universe etc. Having sudden doubt about where I'm going in the future and getting cutting comments from other people can make me feel pretty bad.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) Anger for me comes in short, fleeting bursts about half a minute long. I also have a tendency to throw something at a wall, but that is only in a major circumstance, usually I just sit there quietly, awaiting its end.
    b) I sometimes become ashamed of myself because I can see a lot of improvement needed and things to change.
    c) Social anxiety means every time I go out I can get anxious. I’m a nervous person in general too. Normal symptoms of it occur, but occur it does; on a regular basis.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) I simply withdraw and brood. I identify the stressor and think how to deal with it. Perhaps look it up on the internet.
    b) I like to know what is going to happen, or at least predict it so I know my plan of action. So a lot of times I dislike it, but still learn to adapt and live with it. (One has to, after all.)
    c) This is wholly dependent on how well I know said person. With people I know well I do not back down, and usually "win", but those not so well, I'm very likely to back down, or be agreeable.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) I don’t mind authority at all. As long as you comply with some degree, it doesn't affect you personally. It doesn't mean
    b) ‘Power’, the word in itself is vague. What constitutes as something that is powerful? Affecting something greatly over a large range? I suppose I can handle that, as long as it isn't something that will impact me negatively.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I’m fairly optimistic about my own life, but I’m known to be negativistic and cynical towards life itself and humanity in general.

Infinite Bubble

No one has a quick opinion judging from the above questionnaire results?

3w4 so/sp

Emphasis on success, career, presentation, improvement. Not just in what you say in the questionaire, but your persona too. I don't see a lot of 1-ish resentment/frustration. I also don't see alot of 5-ish fear based competence. The social first because of your social anxiety - more focus/awareness/neurosis around it. Also the accomplishing something larger than self, the "show the world," be "well known," comments makes me think higher social.

a) I simply withdraw and brood. I identify the stressor and think how to deal with it. Perhaps look it up on the internet.
    b) I like to know what is going to happen, or at least predict it so I know my plan of action. So a lot of times I dislike it, but still learn to adapt and live with it. (One has to, after all.)
    This gives me the impression of a 5w6/6w5 head fix. Also, I saw the line to 9 somewhere, but too lazy to quote.

/my best guess

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I voted the 6w5, one of my favorite types, and a creative one, too. It's a quick judgment, so I can't adequately explain or guarantee that it's a good judgment, but something about having a lot of energy that vibrates nervously and wants to be directed into something greater. Also about making a thread called "Double-Checking Enneagram Type"! However, those things could apply to a lot of types. This is just one to check out with the rest of the candidates.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    3w4 so/sp

Emphasis on success, career, presentation, improvement. Not just in what you say in the questionaire, but your persona too. I don't see a lot of 1-ish resentment/frustration. I also don't see alot of 5-ish fear based competence. The social first because of your social anxiety - more focus/awareness/neurosis around it. Also the accomplishing something larger than self, the "show the world," be "well known," comments makes me think higher social.

This gives me the impression of a 5w6/6w5 head fix. Also, I saw the line to 9 somewhere, but too lazy to quote.

/my best guess
    I like your analysis. I was definitely thinking that 3 is one of my primary types, at least being in my tritype. Your reasoning behind high social is interesting. It might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I voted the 6w5, one of my favorite types, and a creative one, too. It's a quick judgment, so I can't adequately explain or guarantee that it's a good judgment, but something about having a lot of energy that vibrates nervously and wants to be directed into something greater. Also about making a thread called "Double-Checking Enneagram Type"! However, those things could apply to a lot of types. This is just one to check out with the rest of the candidates.
    I do have anxiety, but wasn't sure whether Enneagram type had anything to do with it. Maybe it is an influence after all. I didn't know being directed to something greater was to do with 6, thanks for the information (if you are correct). You both mentioned 6w5/5w6 so that might be an indication that it is in my tritype.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

If you doubt 5, did you ever consider about 8? They have a line of connection that can confuse the more intellectual 8s. I doubt 5s would mistake themselves for 8s normally. Really though, the questionnaire answers aren't much to go on but I do think you're 3-fixed, yes. I do wish to add that some aspects do strike me as more 8-like in nature though. When stressed you research for example (disintegration to 5), and you make "plan of actions".

What are your opinions on sadism, lust, vengeance and emptiness?

Also, did you ever consider Te over Fe and if why, why INFJ?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    If you doubt 5, did you ever consider about 8? They have a line of connection that can confuse the more intellectual 8s. I doubt 5s would mistake themselves for 8s normally. Really though, the questionnaire answers aren't much to go on but I do think you're 3 fixed, yes. I do wish to add that some aspects do strike me as more 8-like in nature though. When stressed you research for example (disintegration to 5), and you make "plan of actions".
    I never considered it because they seem almost the opposite, supposedly being assertive and confident. But now you mention it, when stressed I do withdraw like disintegration to a 5 or perhaps another "withdrawn" type.

I definitely think 3 is part of my trifix now, yes.

What are your opinions on sadism, lust, vengeance and emptiness?
    I don't understand why anyone would enjoy inflicting pain on others, unless they trully hated themselves. Even then, it's no excuse to disrupt other peoples lives in such a way. People should not have to be the victim of somebody elses problems, and have to suffer for it.

I think lust is okay, but only to a certain degree, after which it could be harmful to said person and dangerous to those around them. Then it becomes a problem. I suppose in small amounts it could be used as a powerful motivator to reach goals; on the other hand, being overwhelmed by it might cause one to manipulate and hurt other people.

Vengeance is intolerable, because it shows that a person cannot let go of their negative feelings and simply let go. It's trivial and petty to harbor hatred for another person to the point of taking revenge. I think it's possible for anyone to let go of their feelings and get on with their life (and let the other person(s) to as well).

I dislike emptiness, but unfortunately it is something that often frequents my mind. It's almost default, and takes quite a lot for me to stop being that way. It is a bad state of mind because with usually comes a lack of motivation and depression, and of course they make for a very miserable life. Unfortunately I am like this right now quite a lot (which could be the reason why I believe myself to be a 5).

Also, did you ever consider Te over Fe and if why, why INFJ?
    Definitely, as I consistently get INTJ every time I take one of the online functions test. I would have accepted it except I don't really see much Te. I thought perhaps social anxiety caused my Fe to be slightly undeveloped. I definitely relate to being an INJ more than any others though. Have you noticed examples of me using Te?

Oh, I almost forgot, assuming you voted for sp/sx, why that rather than so?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would enjoy inflicting pain on others, unless they trully hated themselves. Even then, it's no excuse to disrupt other peoples lives in such a way. People should not have to be the victim of somebody elses problems, and have to suffer for it.

I think lust is okay, but only to a certain degree, after which it could be harmful to said person and dangerous to those around them. Then it becomes a problem. I suppose in small amounts it could be used as a powerful motivator to reach goals; on the other hand, being overwhelmed by it might cause one to manipulate and hurt other people.

Vengeance is intolerable, because it shows that a person cannot let go of their negative feelings and simply let go. It's trivial and petty to harbor hatred for another person to the point of taking revenge. I think it's possible for anyone to let go of their feelings and get on with their life (and let the other person(s) to as well).

I dislike emptiness, but unfortunately it is something that often frequents my mind. It's almost default, and takes quite a lot for me to stop being that way. It is a bad state of mind because with usually comes a lack of motivation and depression, and of course they make for a very miserable life. Unfortunately I am like this right now quite a lot (which could be the reason why I believe myself to be a 5).
    Hm, you misunderstood my question. I meant sadism as in relation to the E8 and how 8s are sadistic in order to cover their own sense of vulnerability, and vengeance/lust respectively because it's the passion of the enneatype and emptiness is sense of loss caused by the the holy idea, holy truth.

Do you for example black out entirely when stressed like your mind shuts down? Also, what situations make you angry and how would you describe innocence and vulnerability? What situations do you find yourself to be vulnerable in?

Definitely, as I consistently get INTJ every time I take one of the online functions test. I would have accepted it except I don't really see much Te. I thought perhaps social anxiety caused my Fe to be slightly undeveloped. I definitely relate to being an INJ more than any others though. Have you noticed examples of me using Te?
    You simply don't give off an INFJ vibe. You very much give off a Te vibe. ENTJ vibe possibly even, if 8.

Oh, I almost forgot, assuming you voted for sp/sx, why that rather than so?
    You seem too intense for an so/sp type.

I also wish to add that 5 and 8 are more similar than they appear to be due to the line of connection and 8 being the integration point for 5. Especially the sexual 5 is probably the most 8-like out of the 5 subtypes. I can come across as very assertive and people always seem to think I'm confident and have a high self-esteem. I'm also very competitive and can be aggressive in competitions.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post

I’m fairly optimistic about my own life, but I’m known to be negativistic and cynical towards life itself and humanity in general.
    This sounds very E8 to me.

I'm an 8 and I mistyped at 5 for a very long time. After that, I mistyped at 3, too. I kept saying, "I'm not vengeful; I don't get pleasure out of people's pain! I'm not sadistic - I don't want people to suffer!" I could not possibly be an 8!

However I realized that 8s do this so naturally they don't even realize they're doing it. The foundation of the type is denial of shame - that's what sadism actually is. Instead of taking shame on yourself, you blame the other. Whether you actually enact revenge on them or not, the vengeful mindset: "He betrayed me, he deserves to be shamed" - is sadism. I'm not someone who starts fights - my sadism usually comes in the form of cutting contact or simply placing someone back into the anonymous "you don't exist to me" pile with all the other strangers in the world.

Do you feel you have a lot of shame? When do you feel it? Can you go into this more in depth? Have you ever been shamed by someone else?

The rest of your questionnaire also reminded me of mine. I'm all about creativity and my creative goals. My answers were longer, due to overactive Ne, but very very similar in essence.

Let me know if you're considering 8 and want to talk more.

I also see potential for type 3 here.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I definitely think I see an id type of some sort. Signs of both 7 and 8, I'd consider 7w8 and 8w7 for starters.

The possibility of 3 lingers in the background.

Would you be averse to filling out the longer questionnaire from PerC?
    Thinking must serve the thinker.