• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Double checking Enneagram type

My E- type and variant?

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

• w1

• w2

• w3

• w4

• w5

• w6

• w7

• w8

• w9

• sp/so

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • sp/sx

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Burger King

Because a 5 might for whatever reasons for example desire help to understand themselves and the theory because they feel they are too incompetent to do so on their own? I've done type me threads and asked people for help typing me and I'm a 5. You can't use that as an argument against 5-ness. Then you're looking at behavior again, not motivations.

For the record, I was trying to trace his behavior back to e5 stuff (avarice, competence, etc.), aka motivation. Personally, I don't see that as a 5 thing, the comment in bold. Perhaps more 6-ish in nature and very NF-y. I will stick to what I said earlier though. If a type's passion is avarice and it is competence based driven by fear, then doing what I mentioned earlier is conceding power (it's a power type after all - line to 8). It is admitting incompetence. How many actual 5s do this? Make threads asking for their type. Not a whole lot I bet. Even if they are mistyped, they'll figure it out on their own.

The argument for gut could go either way. There's not enough information because he is clearly withholding information, and that is quite stereotypically 5-like too.

Hmmm, from my perspective, he gave enough information regarding his gut. At least enough to cross out e8. I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

I didn't say "feel they belong to a group", I clearly wrote: "in relation to wanting to be a part of the group". It even says so in the quote that you quoted. We are still aware of our blind spot and we can feel consciously averse of spending focus on our blind spot which can appear counter-culture too. The difference between the blind spot and non-blind spot is that the blind spot also tends to induce a sense of shame or similar because we perceive it as a weakness.

Okay, but what about this comment from the OP?:

I want to be successful and well known in my fields. It would give me enormous satisfaction to show the world my creations. Think in new patterns to bring forward novel perspectives about things.

It's this, along with various other stuff, and the comments about the social anxiety that is difficult to see why he isn't higher social.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the record, I was trying to trace his behavior back to e5 stuff (avarice, competence, etc.), aka motivation. Personally, I don't see that as a 5 thing, the comment in bold. Perhaps more 6-ish in nature and very NF-y. I will stick to what I said earlier though. If a type's passion is avarice and it is competence based driven by fear, then doing what I mentioned earlier is conceding power (it's a power type after all - line to 8). It is admitting incompetence. How many actual 5s do this? Make threads asking for their type. Not a whole lot I bet. Even if they are mistyped, they'll figure it out on their own.

I don't think so. I think it's more related to 4 than 6. And mature people will regardless of their type admit their flaws. Why do something you know you're incompetent at if you know you're incompetent? It just reveals your incompetency and thus also leads to anxiety.
Hmmm, from my perspective, he gave enough information regarding his gut. At least enough to cross out e8. I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

I don't think he's given enough information for anything conclusive except I'm fairly sure about sp/sx.
Okay, but what about this comment from the OP?:

And did you see [MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION]'s response to that and how she strongly related? She's an 8 and soc blind spot. [MENTION=17912]Vergil[/MENTION] also strongly relates to his thinking and she's a 1 again, soc blind spot. I don't think wanting to show people your creations must necessarily indicate soc. I want to share my ideas with people too but it doesn't make it soc either. When I answered that question myself when I took that questionnaire I answered it with that I wanted to write a book with some great idea to share with the world. I'm soc blind spot. I think you're looking at things a bit too superficially again.
It's this, along with various other stuff, and the comments about the social anxiety that is difficult to see why he isn't higher social.

I never claimed core 5 by the way. I think he's 5 fixed. I do however think a lot of his thinking reflects that of 5 (or possibly 1, it's competency-driven) but I really fail to see the 3 here, part because I fail to see the connection to 6 and 9.

In actuality I've seen stronger arguments provided for 1 than 3. Also, no one disagrees about a 3 fix but thus far I'm doubtful at it being a core motivation. Similarly, "thinking in novel patterns" could equally indicate 7 that [MENTION=15372]Flatlander[/MENTION] already made an argument for.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was trying to make some short generalized statements.

Why would you do that and why do you think that's going to help him find his type?

His answers sorta paint a venn diagram in my mind and I'm starting to think 9.

Because...?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Why would you do that and why do you think that's going to help him find his type?

Because...?

I'm an STP. I'm deducing. Lay off me and mind your own business! haha

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an STP. I'm deducing. Lay off me and mind your own business! haha

Well, I'm trying to understand since I am not sure I see generalizations as overly helpful when typing people and might give the wrong ideas of type too.

Burger King

LeaT said:
And did you see @Maybe's response to that and how she strongly related? She's an 8 and soc blind spot. @Vergil also strongly relates to his thinking and she's a 1 again, soc blind spot. I don't think wanting to show people your creations must necessarily indicate soc. I want to share my ideas with people too but it doesn't make it soc either. When I answered that question myself when I took that questionnaire I answered it with that I wanted to write a book with some great idea to share
with the world. I'm soc blind spot. I think you're looking at things a bit too superficially again.

Fair enough. I'm not invested enough to go any further on the OP's type. I've said what I wanted to say. But I will say this... it doesn't matter so much to me whether these people relate to him because

1. Others of various types relate to me and I'm not the same type as them. Of course I could be mistyped.
2. You guys could be mistyped.

And I admit that the stuff I say is superficial, but what's been described in this thread regarding 9 such as this:

I've seen plenty of 9s, both healthy and unhealthy variants on this forum, and you don't strike me as a 9, not even a very insightful and healthy one. That you previously mentioned that your mental health isn't that good but you are capable of expressing this without romanticizing it is a strong argument against 9 alone. 9s tend to lack this insight by focusing on something pleasant since that mentality is a part of their pathology.

and the 8 lust interpretation is linear and lacking in substance. I've seen a lot of 9s do the melancholic thing, and over focus on it, which goes against "focusing on something pleasant" that you mentioned. But oh they must be a 4! On the contrary. Also the 8 descriptions, it sounds like something from anime. I suppose that is the difficulty of trying to translate the 3 dimensional aspect of an individual. Everyone ends up getting 2D cartoons one way or another.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fair enough. I'm not invested enough to go any further on the OP's type. I've said what I wanted to say. But I will say this... it doesn't matter so much to me whether these people relate to him because

1. Others of various types relate to me and I'm not the same type as them. Of course I could be mistyped.
2. You guys could be mistyped.

I wouldn't cite them if I didn't think they were properly typed and have a good grasp of the theory. It was Vergil who suggested 1 core for example because she noted a lot of reasoning she could relate to and see in herself as a core 1 and the way she presented that information was legit so I simply thought it's plausible.
And I admit that the stuff I say is superficial, but what's been described in this thread regarding 9 such as this:

Why continue say superficial things then? It's not helping the OP. If it's superficial typing we're after we could as well just handle him a couple of type descriptions and ask him which one he relates to the most and be done with it.
and the 8 lust interpretation is linear and lacking in substance. I've seen a lot of 9s do the melancholic thing, and over focus on it, which goes against "focusing on something pleasant" that you mentioned. But oh they must be a 4! On the contrary. Also the 8 descriptions, it sounds like something from anime. I suppose that is the difficulty of trying to translate the 3 dimensional aspect of an individual. Everyone ends up getting 2D cartoons one way or another.
I've seen 9s do the melancholy thing because I'm good friends with a 9w8 who is 5 fixed. The difference is significant enough for me to safely say that the OP does not even remotely resemble her behavior and thinking when she was disintegrated. And there are other examples I could cite as well that exemplify this. The OP does again not fit the bill.

I

Infinite Bubble

That, or as [MENTION=17912]Vergil[/MENTION] pointed out as Maybe and I discussed in more private a potential for 1 core with a 9 wing. It's hard to say.

Doubtful of having a 1 core.

Perhaps we can if you are willing to be open about what may have caused it.

Why should I?

What does this mean?

I don't know. Ignore it.

This sounds a bit like an soc blind spot.

I think it is.

Why is that?

It makes me uncomfortable. I like to stay on people's good sides mostly. It just makes things even more difficult if I have to worry about interaction with them in the future. That doesn't mean I'll stay agreeable if it is important. "Important" being if they say something that is factually incorrect, they make a wrong assumption about me, or attack a value.

What does "correct" way mean to you? Although I already figured as much. Is it an anxiety of saying the wrong thing or is it an anxiety of revealing too much?

Anxious of saying it in such a way that it is misinterpreted or not completely true, by accident.

You can decide for yourself OP, here's a good thread on instincts.

I believe it's sp/sx now.

do you ever feel like you have to remind yourself what our own goals are and detatch yourself from helping others with their own ambitions?

No, I always know what they are.

---

Pretty pointless at this stage, but I thought I'd share the result I got from PerC's Enneagram test:

You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your trifix is 5w6, 3w4, 1w2.

5w6 and 3w4 have got to be part of it. All we need is the third (and which is core).

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Doubtful of having a 1 core.

Agreed. It was just a possibility.
Why should I?
Well, the more information you provide the easier it is to type you obviously.
I don't know. Ignore it.

Ok.
It makes me uncomfortable. I like to stay on people's good sides mostly. It just makes things even more difficult if I have to worry about interaction with them in the future. That doesn't mean I'll stay agreeable if it is important. "Important" being if they say something that is factually incorrect, they make a wrong assumption about me, or attack a value.
Makes sense.
Anxious of saying it in such a way that it is misinterpreted or not completely true, by accident.
Does this kind of information focus, what information means, what it conveys, matter a lot to you?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
If he's a 5, that could explain the 8'ness.

I would venture to say that 5's are just like 8's, except 2nd in line for dominance. I've met some powerful 5's in my day, some of them look like 8w7's when they're angry. One guy I knew used to just go out to bars and party as his way of relieving stress, but when he got home he just read books about investing, constantly, obsessively, with no direction to his learning. When I read, its very specific to what I'm trying to accomplish. He just reads for the sake of gaining knowledge, and is often times the brain behind my own business endeavors.

I

Infinite Bubble

Well, the more information you provide the easier it is to type you obviously.

Yeah, I just meant if I didn't want to, why should I be forced?

Does this kind of information focus, what information means, what it conveys, matter a lot to you?

It matters that we get my type right. I might say something that someone could interpret as evidence of one when it could be more in line with the behavior of another. Regarding behaviour, sometimes I really have to think hard about what I'm really like; what is my actual behaviour, and what I'd do in this situation, or that. I also really disdain people misjudging my character. Then make assumptions that are incorrect from that. That's why it matters to me.

If he's a 5, that could explain the 8'ness.

I would venture to say that 5's are just like 8's, except 2nd in line for dominance. I've met some powerful 5's in my day, some of them look like 8w7's when they're angry. One guy I knew used to just go out to bars and party as his way of relieving stress, but when he got home he just read books about investing, constantly, obsessively, with no direction to his learning. When I read, its very specific to what I'm trying to accomplish. He just reads for the sake of gaining knowledge, and is often times the brain behind my own business endeavors.

Actually, one of the reasons why I doubted 5 was that my learning often isn't simply directionless. For instance, I don't randomly pick up books and read because often times I'm only interested in specific things at a time. As an example, I thought about Quantum Physics, so I bought a few books on that to learn about. I love knowledge - I want to know how things work - but like I said, it isn't aimless. When consumed by something specific, I simply won't care to bother with anything else. Would never go to a bar and party to relieve stress though. I listen to music a lot to do that, and take naps. Sometimes I just lie there listening to songs for hours. Melancholic songs usually. It has to fit my mood.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I just meant if I didn't want to, why should I be forced?

Ah. Of course, no one is forcing you anything. Not that we could anyway, even if we wanted to.
It matters that we get my type right. I might say something that someone could interpret as evidence of one when it could be more in line with the behavior of another. Regarding behaviour, sometimes I really have to think hard about what I'm really like; what is my actual behaviour, and what I'd do in this situation, or that. I also really disdain people misjudging my character. Then make assumptions that are incorrect from that. That's why it matters to me.
Yes, makes sense. The latter part about not wanting to feel misunderstood because they misjudged your character is actually very 4-like. I understand it's tricky figuring out though because a lot of our behaviors that pertain to type is so habitual it's unconscious to us. I didn't fully understand avarice until I read Naranjo and he provided some concrete examples and I realize how persistent this feature is in my life in a way that's definitely not... healthy, if you put it like that. Yet it's become a natural part of my overall behavior.
Actually, one of the reasons why I doubted 5 was that my learning often isn't simply directionless. For instance, I don't randomly pick up books and read because often times I'm only interested in specific things at a time. As an example, I thought about Quantum Physics, so I bought a few books on that to learn about. I love knowledge - I want to know how things work - but like I said, it isn't aimless. When consumed by something specific, I simply won't care to bother with anything else.

Well, I don't think learning for learning's sake is necessarily a 5 thing either, as in, I don't learn out of curiosity (I can, but that's not enneagram related) but I learn because it's a compulsion, a need. For example, I wrote this recently on PersC regarding this:

For example, a friend of mine was very much into the TV series Battlestar Galactica and he kept alluding to all these plot twists and secrets in order to try to get me into it but instead of leading me feeling curious and enticed I just started getting more anxious because I needed to know what he is talking about since I didn't understand a thing. Eventually I just googled the entire plot on Wikipedia and whatnot to his great dismay because I couldn't stand it anymore. I was crawling out of my skin. To me, this would be analogous to holding a bottle of alcohol in front of an alcoholic who is trying to quit and keep telling them this alcohol is so great but you can't have any of it or you are only allowed to drink one mouthful every couple of days.
Would never go to a bar and party to relieve stress though. I listen to music a lot to do that, and take naps. Sometimes I just lie there listening to songs for hours.

This is why sp/sx makes a lot more sense for you. I wouldn't randomly go to a bar to relieve myself of stress either even if I'm very disintegrated. I can have random compulsive thoughts like jumping off my balcony from the 10th floor, running in front of a car, thinking of going to Hawaii or selling my apartment but it doesn't result in something physical.

When I'm at my most disintegrated I tend to eventually get caught up in fantasy worlds as a form of escapism like how I used to play World of Warcraft for 12+ hours straight and get very involved in the social activity on my server to the point that I became one of the prominent members within the community. Here you can also see the power-seeking aspect of my enneagram. I was powerful, but only in a fantasy world. It's very important to understand this distinction I think because it still shows how the 5 is ultimately always going to be a head type and your power resides in the mind, not in the physical world.

I also used to pick random fights on the internet like arguing with born again and young earth creationist Christians with the entire goal of showing how stupid they are. Again, it's power-seeking aspect simply showing that I am powerful with my knowledge. I have the control and power over you.
Melancholic songs usually. It has to fit my mood.
Relate a lot. I'm the same way. In socionics this falls under the constructivist category under the Reinin dichotomies:

Constructivist
  • Tend to minimize the emotional elements of interaction, preferring to focus on the 'business' elements.
  • Have emotional 'anchors' (eg, books, films, places) which they use to support their internal emotional state.
  • Can become 'emotionally hooked', and can have a strong reaction to a particular part or section regardless of their feelings towards the entirety.
  • Have greater difficulty disassociating from others' emotions and experiences than from requests for action or consideration.
  • “I prefer when people offer concrete solutions instead of comfort or sympathy.”

ILI is constructivist, for example. I fail to see you outside the gamma quadra and I can't see you as an ESI so.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On a sidenote, I could send you Character & Neurosis if you want. I got it as a pdf file.

I

Infinite Bubble

Yes, makes sense. The latter part about not wanting to feel misunderstood because they misjudged your character is actually very 4-like. I understand it's tricky figuring out though because a lot of our behaviors that pertain to type is so habitual it's unconscious to us. I didn't fully understand avarice until I read Naranjo and he provided some concrete examples and I realize how persistent this feature is in my life in a way that's definitely not... healthy, if you put it like that. Yet it's become a natural part of my overall behavior.

That's true, yes. Perhaps I'm engaging in certain behavioural patterns without even noticing, it being so ingrained into my psyche. I still see a 4 wing somewhere though. I relate a lot to the descriptions, at least.

Well, I don't think learning for learning's sake is necessarily a 5 thing either, as in, I don't learn out of curiosity (I can, but that's not enneagram related) but I learn because it's a compulsion, a need. For example, I wrote this recently on PersC regarding this:

Oh, well I can say it is definitely a compulsion. I just get obsessed over something in particular for a while rather than simply darting randomly into different subjects whenever.

This is why sp/sx makes a lot more sense for you. I wouldn't randomly go to a bar to relieve myself of stress either even if I'm very disintegrated. I can have random compulsive thoughts like jumping off my balcony from the 10th floor, running in front of a car, thinking of going to Hawaii or selling my apartment but it doesn't result in something physical.

I can positively say sp/sx is my variant. I relate, also having those compulsive thoughts, and they too, never result in physical action.

When I'm at my most disintegrated I tend to eventually get caught up in fantasy worlds as a form of escapism like how I used to play World of Warcraft for 12+ hours straight and get very involved in the social activity on my server to the point that I became one of the prominent members within the community. Here you can also see the power-seeking aspect of my enneagram. I was powerful, but only in a fantasy world. It's very important to understand this distinction I think because it still shows how the 5 is ultimately always going to be a head type and your power resides in the mind, not in the physical world.

I'd only want power in the real world, gain status somehow. Can't say I'm actually good at being powerful though :laugh:. What I can say is that I don't care much about power in a fantasy or cyber world, e.i. forums or video-games. I don't care enough about games to be persistent at them, and am usually more of a lurker than poster on forums (this is one of my most active ones!). Could that differentiate me from a 5 in one sense?

I also used to pick random fights on the internet like arguing with born again and young earth creationist Christians with the entire goal of showing how stupid they are. Again, it's power-seeking aspect simply showing that I am powerful with my knowledge. I have the control and power over you.

I'm far too apathetic for that sort of stuff. I'd rather just laugh at their stupidity without saying anything.

Relate a lot. I'm the same way. In socionics this falls under the constructivist category under the Reinin dichotomies:

ILI is constructivist, for example. I fail to see you outside the gamma quadra and I can't see you as an ESI so.

I very much relate to the Constructivist category. But yeah, not ESI.

On a sidenote, I could send you Character & Neurosis if you want. I got it as a pdf file.

Sure. That would be interesting.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's true, yes. Perhaps I'm engaging in certain behavioural patterns without even noticing, it being so ingrained into my psyche. I still see a 4 wing somewhere though. I relate a lot to the descriptions, at least.

Hm, what about 4w3 as a funny thought experiment? What do you think of it?
Oh, well I can say it is definitely a compulsion. I just get obsessed over something in particular for a while rather than simply darting randomly into different subjects whenever.

Yeah, this sounds more sx-like in general though I guess.
I can positively say sp/sx is my variant. I relate, also having those compulsive thoughts, and they too, never result in physical action.
Interesting. When and how do they occur and why?
I'd only want power in the real world, gain status somehow. Can't say I'm actually good at being powerful though :laugh:. What I can say is that I don't care much about power in a fantasy or cyber world, e.i. forums or video-games. I don't care enough about games to be persistent at them, and am usually more of a lurker than poster on forums (this is one of my most active ones!). Could that differentiate me from a 5 in one sense?

Definitely because I can't say I'm interested in power in the real world or status.
I'm far too apathetic for that sort of stuff. I'd rather just laugh at their stupidity without saying anything.
Ah. I think it's probably common for unhealth 5s to pick logical fights with people though. I still do this from time to time when I'm bored <.< It's just that connection to 8 that exaggerates it.
Sure. That would be interesting.

You need to give me something to send it to.

Burger King

[MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]

Hate to come out of the blue like this, but I just need to put it out there. Have you ever considered e6 before, 6w5 cp specifically? Or has anyone ever suggested it to you (you said you made a type me thread once)? You vibe very close to cp 6 that I wonder why you don't have it as a wing. It's not just your vibe, but specifically it's the way you react to things, the way you describe your relation to 8, the way you argue, the way you describe 4s. For example, misunderstood and misjudged character comment regarding 4s I disagree with. This is a 6-ish interpretation of it. I find 4s enjoy being an enigma. I won't push this topic though if you don't want. It's also derailing. Just wanted to put it out there. Curiosity.

Here's a post relating to "being misunderstood" - http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-forum-individualist/93972-push-pull.html (the last post in the thread)

OP may find the thread I linked useful as well.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]

Hate to come out of the blue like this, but I just need to put it out there. Have you ever considered e6 before, 6w5 cp specifically? Or has anyone ever suggested it to you (you said you made a type me thread once)? You vibe very close to cp 6 that I wonder why you don't have it as a wing. It's not just your vibe, but specifically it's the way you react to things, the way you describe your relation to 8, the way you argue, the way you describe 4s. For example, misunderstood and misjudged character comment regarding 4s I disagree with. This is a 6-ish interpretation of it. I find 4s enjoy being an enigma. I won't push this topic though if you don't want. It's also derailing. Just wanted to put it out there. Curiosity.

Here's a post relating to "being misunderstood" - http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-forum-individualist/93972-push-pull.html (the last post in the thread)

OP may find the thread I linked useful as well.

Yes, it's been suggested to me and I'm most definitely not a CP6w5. I'm not a core reactive type and my motivations do not line up at all with core 6 motivations. The fact you probably think I am says more about you than it does about me to be honest, and how you in particular have unlikely actually interacted with sexual 5w4s. That is, actual sexual 5w4s.

By the way, what I mentioned was nothing about reactivity but a feeling of people not understanding you and seeing who (think) you are. Only 4s or those with strong 4 influence are concerned about their image in this manner.

LOL, I checked the content of that thread and it's not... very useful. Beyond describing reactive behavior specifically.

I

Infinite Bubble

Hm, what about 4w3 as a funny thought experiment? What do you think of it?

Yes, it could work. Seems like an odd type for an INTJ to be though, doesn't it?

Interesting. When and how do they occur and why?

Similar reasons to you, I suppose. It's when I'm in a dark mood. I'd just think things like "what if I just shot myself?", or just scream at someone, but I'd never do it.

Ah. I think it's probably common for unhealth 5s to pick logical fights with people though. I still do this from time to time when I'm bored <.< It's just that connection to 8 that exaggerates it.

I do enjoy debates, but sometimes just arguing can seem pointless so a lot of the time I don't bother with it.

You need to give me something to send it to.

Of course, will do soon.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, it could work. Seems like an odd type for an INTJ to be though, doesn't it?
Not necessarily. No more strange than 9 or 7. Anyway, I wouldn't consider it a core type as much as a possible fixation. Although I suppose 3w4 could work too.
Similar reasons to you, I suppose. It's when I'm in a dark mood. I'd just think things like "what if I just shot myself?", or just scream at someone, but I'd never do it.
Not necessarily stress-related? I think these thoughts are mostly triggered in me as a negative expression of 7 of needing to get away from a situation that is at the very moment experienced as extremely hurtful. My immediate reaction is to flee, escape, get away from there. The how is less relevant overall which is why the ideas are so unrealistic. Take a flight to Bangladesh, hitchhike to Canada. Practicality is ignored and the ideas are compulsive in the sense that I feel a need to act on them. I don't but I desire to at some level even if I logically realize that jumping out of the window would result in sudden death.
I do enjoy debates, but sometimes just arguing can seem pointless so a lot of the time I don't bother with it.

Why is that?
Of course, will do soon.
Yes, all in due time ;)

I

Infinite Bubble

Not necessarily stress-related? I think these thoughts are mostly triggered in me as a negative expression of 7 of needing to get away from a situation that is at the very moment experienced as extremely hurtful. My immediate reaction is to flee, escape, get away from there. The how is less relevant overall which is why the ideas are so unrealistic. Take a flight to Bangladesh, hitchhike to Canada. Practicality is ignored and the ideas are compulsive in the sense that I feel a need to act on them. I don't but I desire to at some level even if I logically realize that jumping out of the window would result in sudden death.

I'd say it was stress related mostly, although it can happen randomly. What you wrote I related to a lot though, and have suffered in a similar manner very recently (only about a week ago). So perhaps it is negative expressions of 7 that I experience.

Why is that?

I don't really get any satisfaction from "beating" some random anonymous person on the internet I likely won't ever meet. :shrug: It just seems too time consuming. I get a kick out of debating someone I know well, in real life. It's more of a fun recreational activity more than anything, whereas on the internet it seems like a more serious affair, except it doesn't lead to anything at the end. Kind of like wasted energy.