User Tag List

View Poll Results: My E- type and variant?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll

1 11.11%

0 0%

1 11.11%

0 0%

2 22.22%

2 22.22%

0 0%

3 33.33%

2 22.22%
  • w1

2 22.22%
  • w2

0 0%
  • w3

0 0%
  • w4

1 11.11%
  • w5

1 11.11%
  • w6

1 11.11%
  • w7

0 0%
  • w8

0 0%
  • w9

1 11.11%
  • sp/so

3 33.33%
  • sp/sx

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4567 Last

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Well, the more information you provide the easier it is to type you obviously.
    Yeah, I just meant if I didn't want to, why should I be forced?

Does this kind of information focus, what information means, what it conveys, matter a lot to you?
    It matters that we get my type right. I might say something that someone could interpret as evidence of one when it could be more in line with the behavior of another. Regarding behaviour, sometimes I really have to think hard about what I'm really like; what is my actual behaviour, and what I'd do in this situation, or that. I also really disdain people misjudging my character. Then make assumptions that are incorrect from that. That's why it matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    If he's a 5, that could explain the 8'ness.

I would venture to say that 5's are just like 8's, except 2nd in line for dominance. I've met some powerful 5's in my day, some of them look like 8w7's when they're angry. One guy I knew used to just go out to bars and party as his way of relieving stress, but when he got home he just read books about investing, constantly, obsessively, with no direction to his learning. When I read, its very specific to what I'm trying to accomplish. He just reads for the sake of gaining knowledge, and is often times the brain behind my own business endeavors.
    Actually, one of the reasons why I doubted 5 was that my learning often isn't simply directionless. For instance, I don't randomly pick up books and read because often times I'm only interested in specific things at a time. As an example, I thought about Quantum Physics, so I bought a few books on that to learn about. I love knowledge - I want to know how things work - but like I said, it isn't aimless. When consumed by something specific, I simply won't care to bother with anything else. Would never go to a bar and party to relieve stress though. I listen to music a lot to do that, and take naps. Sometimes I just lie there listening to songs for hours. Melancholic songs usually. It has to fit my mood.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Yeah, I just meant if I didn't want to, why should I be forced?
    Ah. Of course, no one is forcing you anything. Not that we could anyway, even if we wanted to.

It matters that we get my type right. I might say something that someone could interpret as evidence of one when it could be more in line with the behavior of another. Regarding behaviour, sometimes I really have to think hard about what I'm really like; what is my actual behaviour, and what I'd do in this situation, or that. I also really disdain people misjudging my character. Then make assumptions that are incorrect from that. That's why it matters to me.
    Yes, makes sense. The latter part about not wanting to feel misunderstood because they misjudged your character is actually very 4-like. I understand it's tricky figuring out though because a lot of our behaviors that pertain to type is so habitual it's unconscious to us. I didn't fully understand avarice until I read Naranjo and he provided some concrete examples and I realize how persistent this feature is in my life in a way that's definitely not... healthy, if you put it like that. Yet it's become a natural part of my overall behavior.

Actually, one of the reasons why I doubted 5 was that my learning often isn't simply directionless. For instance, I don't randomly pick up books and read because often times I'm only interested in specific things at a time. As an example, I thought about Quantum Physics, so I bought a few books on that to learn about. I love knowledge - I want to know how things work - but like I said, it isn't aimless. When consumed by something specific, I simply won't care to bother with anything else.
    Well, I don't think learning for learning's sake is necessarily a 5 thing either, as in, I don't learn out of curiosity (I can, but that's not enneagram related) but I learn because it's a compulsion, a need. For example, I wrote this recently on PersC regarding this:

For example, a friend of mine was very much into the TV series Battlestar Galactica and he kept alluding to all these plot twists and secrets in order to try to get me into it but instead of leading me feeling curious and enticed I just started getting more anxious because I needed to know what he is talking about since I didn't understand a thing. Eventually I just googled the entire plot on Wikipedia and whatnot to his great dismay because I couldn't stand it anymore. I was crawling out of my skin. To me, this would be analogous to holding a bottle of alcohol in front of an alcoholic who is trying to quit and keep telling them this alcohol is so great but you can't have any of it or you are only allowed to drink one mouthful every couple of days.
    Would never go to a bar and party to relieve stress though. I listen to music a lot to do that, and take naps. Sometimes I just lie there listening to songs for hours.
    This is why sp/sx makes a lot more sense for you. I wouldn't randomly go to a bar to relieve myself of stress either even if I'm very disintegrated. I can have random compulsive thoughts like jumping off my balcony from the 10th floor, running in front of a car, thinking of going to Hawaii or selling my apartment but it doesn't result in something physical.

When I'm at my most disintegrated I tend to eventually get caught up in fantasy worlds as a form of escapism like how I used to play World of Warcraft for 12+ hours straight and get very involved in the social activity on my server to the point that I became one of the prominent members within the community. Here you can also see the power-seeking aspect of my enneagram. I was powerful, but only in a fantasy world. It's very important to understand this distinction I think because it still shows how the 5 is ultimately always going to be a head type and your power resides in the mind, not in the physical world.

I also used to pick random fights on the internet like arguing with born again and young earth creationist Christians with the entire goal of showing how stupid they are. Again, it's power-seeking aspect simply showing that I am powerful with my knowledge. I have the control and power over you.
    Melancholic songs usually. It has to fit my mood.
    Relate a lot. I'm the same way. In socionics this falls under the constructivist category under the Reinin dichotomies:

Constructivist
    • Tend to minimize the emotional elements of interaction, preferring to focus on the 'business' elements.
    • Have emotional 'anchors' (eg, books, films, places) which they use to support their internal emotional state.
    • Can become 'emotionally hooked', and can have a strong reaction to a particular part or section regardless of their feelings towards the entirety.
    • Have greater difficulty disassociating from others' emotions and experiences than from requests for action or consideration.
    • “I prefer when people offer concrete solutions instead of comfort or sympathy.”
    ILI is constructivist, for example. I fail to see you outside the gamma quadra and I can't see you as an ESI so.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

On a sidenote, I could send you Character & Neurosis if you want. I got it as a pdf file.

Infinite Bubble

Yes, makes sense. The latter part about not wanting to feel misunderstood because they misjudged your character is actually very 4-like. I understand it's tricky figuring out though because a lot of our behaviors that pertain to type is so habitual it's unconscious to us. I didn't fully understand avarice until I read Naranjo and he provided some concrete examples and I realize how persistent this feature is in my life in a way that's definitely not... healthy, if you put it like that. Yet it's become a natural part of my overall behavior.
    That's true, yes. Perhaps I'm engaging in certain behavioural patterns without even noticing, it being so ingrained into my psyche. I still see a 4 wing somewhere though. I relate a lot to the descriptions, at least.

Well, I don't think learning for learning's sake is necessarily a 5 thing either, as in, I don't learn out of curiosity (I can, but that's not enneagram related) but I learn because it's a compulsion, a need. For example, I wrote this recently on PersC regarding this:
    Oh, well I can say it is definitely a compulsion. I just get obsessed over something in particular for a while rather than simply darting randomly into different subjects whenever.

This is why sp/sx makes a lot more sense for you. I wouldn't randomly go to a bar to relieve myself of stress either even if I'm very disintegrated. I can have random compulsive thoughts like jumping off my balcony from the 10th floor, running in front of a car, thinking of going to Hawaii or selling my apartment but it doesn't result in something physical.
    I can positively say sp/sx is my variant. I relate, also having those compulsive thoughts, and they too, never result in physical action.

When I'm at my most disintegrated I tend to eventually get caught up in fantasy worlds as a form of escapism like how I used to play World of Warcraft for 12+ hours straight and get very involved in the social activity on my server to the point that I became one of the prominent members within the community. Here you can also see the power-seeking aspect of my enneagram. I was powerful, but only in a fantasy world. It's very important to understand this distinction I think because it still shows how the 5 is ultimately always going to be a head type and your power resides in the mind, not in the physical world.
    I'd only want power in the real world, gain status somehow. Can't say I'm actually good at being powerful though . What I can say is that I don't care much about power in a fantasy or cyber world, e.i. forums or video-games. I don't care enough about games to be persistent at them, and am usually more of a lurker than poster on forums (this is one of my most active ones!). Could that differentiate me from a 5 in one sense?

I also used to pick random fights on the internet like arguing with born again and young earth creationist Christians with the entire goal of showing how stupid they are. Again, it's power-seeking aspect simply showing that I am powerful with my knowledge. I have the control and power over you.
    I'm far too apathetic for that sort of stuff. I'd rather just laugh at their stupidity without saying anything.

Relate a lot. I'm the same way. In socionics this falls under the constructivist category under the Reinin dichotomies:

ILI is constructivist, for example. I fail to see you outside the gamma quadra and I can't see you as an ESI so.
    I very much relate to the Constructivist category. But yeah, not ESI.

On a sidenote, I could send you Character & Neurosis if you want. I got it as a pdf file.
    Sure. That would be interesting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

That's true, yes. Perhaps I'm engaging in certain behavioural patterns without even noticing, it being so ingrained into my psyche. I still see a 4 wing somewhere though. I relate a lot to the descriptions, at least.
    Hm, what about 4w3 as a funny thought experiment? What do you think of it?

Oh, well I can say it is definitely a compulsion. I just get obsessed over something in particular for a while rather than simply darting randomly into different subjects whenever.
    Yeah, this sounds more sx-like in general though I guess.

I can positively say sp/sx is my variant. I relate, also having those compulsive thoughts, and they too, never result in physical action.
    Interesting. When and how do they occur and why?

I'd only want power in the real world, gain status somehow. Can't say I'm actually good at being powerful though . What I can say is that I don't care much about power in a fantasy or cyber world, e.i. forums or video-games. I don't care enough about games to be persistent at them, and am usually more of a lurker than poster on forums (this is one of my most active ones!). Could that differentiate me from a 5 in one sense?
    Definitely because I can't say I'm interested in power in the real world or status.

I'm far too apathetic for that sort of stuff. I'd rather just laugh at their stupidity without saying anything.
    Ah. I think it's probably common for unhealth 5s to pick logical fights with people though. I still do this from time to time when I'm bored <.< It's just that connection to 8 that exaggerates it.

Sure. That would be interesting.
    You need to give me something to send it to.

@LeaT

Hate to come out of the blue like this, but I just need to put it out there. Have you ever considered e6 before, 6w5 cp specifically? Or has anyone ever suggested it to you (you said you made a type me thread once)? You vibe very close to cp 6 that I wonder why you don't have it as a wing. It's not just your vibe, but specifically it's the way you react to things, the way you describe your relation to 8, the way you argue, the way you describe 4s. For example, misunderstood and misjudged character comment regarding 4s I disagree with. This is a 6-ish interpretation of it. I find 4s enjoy being an enigma. I won't push this topic though if you don't want. It's also derailing. Just wanted to put it out there. Curiosity.

Here's a post relating to "being misunderstood" - http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-fo...push-pull.html (the last post in the thread)

OP may find the thread I linked useful as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    @LeaT

Hate to come out of the blue like this, but I just need to put it out there. Have you ever considered e6 before, 6w5 cp specifically? Or has anyone ever suggested it to you (you said you made a type me thread once)? You vibe very close to cp 6 that I wonder why you don't have it as a wing. It's not just your vibe, but specifically it's the way you react to things, the way you describe your relation to 8, the way you argue, the way you describe 4s. For example, misunderstood and misjudged character comment regarding 4s I disagree with. This is a 6-ish interpretation of it. I find 4s enjoy being an enigma. I won't push this topic though if you don't want. It's also derailing. Just wanted to put it out there. Curiosity.

Here's a post relating to "being misunderstood" - http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-fo...push-pull.html (the last post in the thread)

OP may find the thread I linked useful as well.
    Yes, it's been suggested to me and I'm most definitely not a CP6w5. I'm not a core reactive type and my motivations do not line up at all with core 6 motivations. The fact you probably think I am says more about you than it does about me to be honest, and how you in particular have unlikely actually interacted with sexual 5w4s. That is, actual sexual 5w4s.

By the way, what I mentioned was nothing about reactivity but a feeling of people not understanding you and seeing who (think) you are. Only 4s or those with strong 4 influence are concerned about their image in this manner.

LOL, I checked the content of that thread and it's not... very useful. Beyond describing reactive behavior specifically.

Infinite Bubble

Hm, what about 4w3 as a funny thought experiment? What do you think of it?
    Yes, it could work. Seems like an odd type for an INTJ to be though, doesn't it?

Interesting. When and how do they occur and why?
    Similar reasons to you, I suppose. It's when I'm in a dark mood. I'd just think things like "what if I just shot myself?", or just scream at someone, but I'd never do it.

Ah. I think it's probably common for unhealth 5s to pick logical fights with people though. I still do this from time to time when I'm bored <.< It's just that connection to 8 that exaggerates it.
    I do enjoy debates, but sometimes just arguing can seem pointless so a lot of the time I don't bother with it.

You need to give me something to send it to.
    Of course, will do soon.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Yes, it could work. Seems like an odd type for an INTJ to be though, doesn't it?
    Not necessarily. No more strange than 9 or 7. Anyway, I wouldn't consider it a core type as much as a possible fixation. Although I suppose 3w4 could work too.

Similar reasons to you, I suppose. It's when I'm in a dark mood. I'd just think things like "what if I just shot myself?", or just scream at someone, but I'd never do it.
    Not necessarily stress-related? I think these thoughts are mostly triggered in me as a negative expression of 7 of needing to get away from a situation that is at the very moment experienced as extremely hurtful. My immediate reaction is to flee, escape, get away from there. The how is less relevant overall which is why the ideas are so unrealistic. Take a flight to Bangladesh, hitchhike to Canada. Practicality is ignored and the ideas are compulsive in the sense that I feel a need to act on them. I don't but I desire to at some level even if I logically realize that jumping out of the window would result in sudden death.

I do enjoy debates, but sometimes just arguing can seem pointless so a lot of the time I don't bother with it.
    Why is that?

Of course, will do soon.
    Yes, all in due time

Infinite Bubble

Not necessarily stress-related? I think these thoughts are mostly triggered in me as a negative expression of 7 of needing to get away from a situation that is at the very moment experienced as extremely hurtful. My immediate reaction is to flee, escape, get away from there. The how is less relevant overall which is why the ideas are so unrealistic. Take a flight to Bangladesh, hitchhike to Canada. Practicality is ignored and the ideas are compulsive in the sense that I feel a need to act on them. I don't but I desire to at some level even if I logically realize that jumping out of the window would result in sudden death.
    I'd say it was stress related mostly, although it can happen randomly. What you wrote I related to a lot though, and have suffered in a similar manner very recently (only about a week ago). So perhaps it is negative expressions of 7 that I experience.

Why is that?
    I don't really get any satisfaction from "beating" some random anonymous person on the internet I likely won't ever meet. It just seems too time consuming. I get a kick out of debating someone I know well, in real life. It's more of a fun recreational activity more than anything, whereas on the internet it seems like a more serious affair, except it doesn't lead to anything at the end. Kind of like wasted energy.