User Tag List

View Poll Results: My E- type and variant?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll

1 11.11%

0 0%

1 11.11%

0 0%

2 22.22%

2 22.22%

0 0%

3 33.33%

2 22.22%
  • w1

2 22.22%
  • w2

0 0%
  • w3

0 0%
  • w4

1 11.11%
  • w5

1 11.11%
  • w6

1 11.11%
  • w7

0 0%
  • w8

0 0%
  • w9

1 11.11%
  • sp/so

3 33.33%
  • sp/sx

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    If you're an 8: Do you have strange excessive habits when angry, such as blasting music too loud, speeding too fast, or going out and ordering way too much food? This points toward 8.
    Nah, when angry I usually just bottle it up; a lot of the time nobody could tell I was angry, except from being more snappy than usual.
    That description actually sounds more 8w7/7w8 ... 7w8 runs from their feelings through indulgence like excessive food or partying. As a teenager I used to blast music when I'm angry and I still like to do that and blow off steam at the gym while blasting music. But I definitely still get angry, but don't do that stuff as much anymore. 8w9 lets the anger boil up for a while and then has a big outburst.

That being said, @Infinite Bubble, I have seen other stuff that points away from 8. I'm sorry I haven't been answering each specific quote, but I'm just responding to what I feel could be pertinent to help me further so I can help you more... I'm also better at an "overall picture" than spelling out each detail (probably a Ne thing?) .... I'm really not sure about your type at this point ... *thinks*

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Somewhat, except I'm not superficial/materialistic, and don't think I put on an image to do what I want. 3 disintegrating to 9 seems to fit very well though, I was thinking that could be my present state. It would make sense of the confusion.
    It's hard to type someone when they're disintegrated so this definitely could explain some of the confusion. =/
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I dislike loud and impulsive people, I never know how to react to their randomness most of the time.
    Do you feel you need to react?

Most people care too much about what I'd consider menial things, such as money, security, a good job etc. My future vision isn't like this at all; it's so I can do something for the world and affect it in some way. 3's basic desire to feel valuable and worthwhile fits. Also not independent enough; go too much with the crowd.
    Are you saying you're not independent and you go with the crowd?
    What sort of crowd do you mean?

I can get impatient with some people (although never show it).
    Why don't you show it?

One thing I'm not comfortable with is the whole narcissistic/arrogant theme. Not at all me. Back in school, some people - who didn't know me at all - mistook my shyness for arrogance. They were totally wrong. Those that do know me, also know it's almost a completely opposite trait to my actual personality. I'm actually sincerely modest about myself, and tend to underestimate as well.
    Most 8s and 3s I know are openly assertive, and definitely at least a little vain. Would you say you're vain?

(That's different from "arrogant," though. I woulnd't consider myself arrogant, though I'm definitely more outwardly confident than many, even at my lowest.)

By the way, I hope I'm not asking too many questions. Feel free to ignore as many as you'd like. I remember how frustrated I got with questioning on my type-me thread.. lol. But I'm actually interested.. you seem like an interesting person and I am curious to see how it pans out =)
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    You sound like another NTJ that's stuck between 6 and 8. Possibly a 3.
    6? How so? Explain.

As far as being a nervous person in general, that could hint toward 6, or being an NTJ.
    Anxiety could be the cause of many things and is not limited to the head types necessarily, and cognitive functions have absolutely nothing to do with anxiety at all.

Somewhere in socionics it says the LIE's (ENTj's) are often timid on the interior but usually do a good job of covering it up.
    But emotionally holding back is not the same as being timid, is it?

If you're a 6: I would ask yourself, do you ever doubt your abilities? If you're very aware and confident of what you can and cannot do, you're not a 6.
    Competency types also doubt their abilities. If they didn't they wouldn't be competency types.

If you're a 3: Do you ever take concern with who you associate yourself with or find yourself jealous of people who gain recognition for being their natural self? this could hint to 3.
    4s are concerned with envy, not 3s. What you seem to describe is more a 4w3 thing than a 3 thing.

If you're an 8: Do you have strange excessive habits when angry, such as blasting music too loud, speeding too fast, or going out and ordering way too much food? This points toward 8.
    I do this too and I'm not an 8.

In summary, I think you're trying too hard to connect behavior with motivations without realizing that behavior can a wide variety of motivations underlying them. Enneatype is about motivations, not behavior.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    @Infinite Bubble I personally fail to see the 3-6-9 connection for you as core motivations/behavior. The vibes don't fit but I can't put it better than that currently. And core 9 is definitely out of the question to me. I've seen plenty of 9s, both healthy and unhealthy variants on this forum, and you don't strike me as a 9, not even a very insightful and healthy one. That you previously mentioned that your mental health isn't that good but you are capable of expressing this without romanticizing it is a strong argument against 9 alone. 9s tend to lack this insight by focusing on something pleasant since that mentality is a part of their pathology.

I definitely see you falling on the 5-7-8 axis. The question is the core.
    Okay, I'll have to rethink. I don't think I care about having "peace of mind" actually. Internally, it's often quite stormy, and I prefer that to stability, that I'd find to be quite empty. I could be a 5 core, with 8 being part of the trifix, which would be still apparent in my personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    It's hard to type someone when they're disintegrated so this definitely could explain some of the confusion. =/
    Perhaps we can follow the line of disintegration? I don't think I've changed all that much though, even under stress. Except I lack motivation and am apathetic. Standard stuff really.

Do you feel you need to react?
    Yes, I think it elicits an immediate response, but am unable to deal with it.

Are you saying you're not independent and you go with the crowd?
    What sort of crowd do you mean?
    Oh sorry, what I meant was a lot of people seem to have a need to follow the crowd. Suppose that's why it becomes a crowd in the first place. Too afraid of change, of doing things others don't (perhaps not fulfilling what they really want due to it being "different"), and generally following as it's the safe and secure option, that they knew it works.

Why don't you show it?
    I generally dislike emotion-fueled conflicts. I'd rather wait and keep the relationship intact.

Most 8s and 3s I know are openly assertive, and definitely at least a little vain. Would you say you're vain?
    A bit self-absorbed perhaps, but not vain, no.

By the way, I hope I'm not asking too many questions. Feel free to ignore as many as you'd like. I remember how frustrated I got with questioning on my type-me thread.. lol. But I'm actually interested.. you seem like an interesting person and I am curious to see how it pans out =)
    It's okay, haha. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by longer responses, it takes me time to think of how to answer in the "correct" way, making sure what I say is completely true and relevant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Okay, I'll have to rethink. I don't think I care about having "peace of mind" actually. Internally, it's often quite stormy, and I prefer that to stability, that I'd find to be quite empty. I could be a 5 core, with 8 being part of the trifix, which would be still apparent in my personality.
    That, or as @Vergil pointed out as Maybe and I discussed in more private a potential for 1 core with a 9 wing. It's hard to say.

Perhaps we can follow the line of disintegration? I don't think I've changed all that much though, even under stress. Except I lack motivation and am apathetic. Standard stuff really.
    Perhaps we can if you are willing to be open about what may have caused it.

Yes, I think it elicits an immediate response, but am unable to deal with it.
    What does this mean?

Oh sorry, what I meant was a lot of people seem to have a need to follow the crowd. Suppose that's why it becomes a crowd in the first place. Too afraid of change, of doing things others don't (perhaps not fulfilling what they really want due to it being "different"), and generally following as it's the safe and secure option, that they knew it works.
    This sounds a bit like an soc blind spot.

I generally dislike emotion-fueled conflicts. I'd rather wait and keep the relationship intact.
    Why is that?
    A bit self-absorbed perhaps, but not vain, no.
    Makes sense.

It's okay, haha. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by longer responses, it takes me time to think of how to answer in the "correct" way, making sure what I say is completely true and relevant.
    What does "correct" way mean to you? Although I already figured as much. Is it an anxiety of saying the wrong thing or is it an anxiety of revealing too much?

@Infinite Bubble I personally fail to see the 3-6-9 connection for you as core motivations/behavior. The vibes don't fit but I can't put it better than that currently. And core 9 is definitely out of the question to me. I've seen plenty of 9s, both healthy and unhealthy variants on this forum, and you don't strike me as a 9, not even a very insightful and healthy one. That you previously mentioned that your mental health isn't that good but you are capable of expressing this without romanticizing it is a strong argument against 9 alone. 9s tend to lack this insight by focusing on something pleasant since that mentality is a part of their pathology.
    Really? I've seen the opposite on this forum actually, especially the insight part. Sloth shows itself in many ways, not just Disney Land perspective. I've seen so many 9s associated with emptiness, fallen from the holy idea - holy love. Not only this forum, but the more enneagram focused ones that I follow.

I definitely see you falling on the 5-7-8 axis. The question is the core.
    If he was INTJ, then 5 would be apparent because it's a typical correlation. It would be so obvious, he wouldn't even need advice. I don't really see fear-based competence. Also, his relationship to gut center issues is loud and clear that he's not core 8. So that leaves 7. I'm interested to see an argument for this one. His persona is 3-ish in nature - refined, and no offense but almost contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble
    I disagree with LeaT on this one. This seems like higher social to me. Focus is still towards the people. Counter-social is still, in essence, social. Look where the focus is. It's not just this, it's what's said in the OP too that makes me think this. Blind spot = negligence/obliviousness. There may be a touchiness or looking down on it when confronted with it, but is it due to negligence or hyper awareness is the question.

Edit: You can decide for yourself OP, here's a good thread on instincts - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...5#.UVhbgKLry-U

You don't have to read the whole thread, just find the parts about the instincts (spread throughout the thread).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Really? I've seen the opposite on this forum actually, especially the insight part. Sloth shows itself in many ways, not just Disney Land perspective. I've seen so many 9s associated with emptiness, fallen from the holy idea - holy love. Not only this forum, but the more enneagram focused ones that I follow.
    Did I mention Disney romantization? No, I didn't. Do 9s romanticize though? Yes, they do, because they are a positive outlook type. I've yet to see a strong positive outlook logic that is not 7-like from Infinite Bubble.

If he was INTJ, then 5 would be apparent because it's a typical correlation. It would be so obvious, he wouldn't even need advice. I don't really see fear-based competence. Also, his relationship to gut center issues is loud and clear that he's not core 8. So that leaves 7. I'm interested to see an argument for this one. His persona is 3-ish in nature - refined, and no offense but almost contrived.
    Stereotypes. I don't think you can type people that easily by correlating to the MBTI. Also, I don't think you should type people base on persona. Enneagram is about motivations, not persona. People can exude a persona that is not congruent with their core motivations, especially on a forum and especially in a type me thread.

I disagree with LeaT on this one. This seems like higher social to me. Focus is still towards the people. Counter-social is still, in essence, social. Look where the focus is. It's not just this, it's what's said in the OP too that makes me think this. Blind spot = negligence/obliviousness. There may be a touchiness or looking down on it when confronted with it, but is it due to negligence or hyper awareness is the question.
    It would only be social if he's making that comment in relation to wanting to be a part of the group which he made no indication of. Blind spot types can still be aware of their blind spot since it is indeed something touchy. The question just becomes whether this is something they pay focus to overall. I can make comments about groups without it suggesting I must be a social type.

Did I mention Disney romantization? No, I didn't. Do 9s romanticize though? Yes, they do, because they are a positive outlook type. I've yet to see a strong positive outlook logic that is not 7-like from Infinite Bubble.
    When you say "9s tend to lack this insight by focusing on something pleasant since that mentality is a part of their pathology," I'm inclined to think some sort of cartoon-ish perspective. The Disney comment being one representation of it. My point is not that though. It's the fall from the holy idea and his expression of self that he described that makes me think overall in the 9 area with 3 and 6 connection.

Stereotypes. I don't think you can type people that easily by correlating to the MBTI. Also, I don't think you should type people base on persona. Enneagram is about motivations, not persona. People can exude a persona that is not congruent with their core motivations, especially on a forum and especially in a type me thread.
    Lets put it this way then, why would a 5, a type that's known for competence based fear, known for avarice - hoarding resources, info, etc, create a thread for others to help determine type for him? I would think an arrogance in one's own knowledge and ability makes them reluctant. Asking for advice is conceding in a way. Just my opinion. And what part of the gut center issue comment was a stereotype also? There's a certain pattern to how types manifest themselves and what he says speaks against it.

It would only be social if he's making that comment in relation to wanting to be a part of the group which he made no indication of. Blind spot types can still be aware of their blind spot since it is indeed something touchy. The question just becomes whether this is something they pay focus to overall. I can make comments about groups without it suggesting I must be a social type.
    It is not whether they feel they belong to the group or not. It's that they define themselves in relation to the group.

Edit: Also, if we're talking about image types or image fix, whatever, then persona (the unconscious persona) is something to consider, provided they are not trolling.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    When you say "9s tend to lack this insight by focusing on something pleasant since that mentality is a part of their pathology," I'm inclined to think some sort of cartoon-ish perspective. The Disney comment being one representation of it. My point is not that though. It's the fall from the holy idea and his expression of self that he described that makes me think overall in the 9 area with 3 and 6 connection.
    Yes, and I pointed out that I fail to see such evidence in the information he's provided thus far.

Lets put it this way then, why would a 5, a type that's known for competence based fear, known for avarice - hoarding resources, info, etc, create a thread for others to help determine type for him? I would think an arrogance in one's own knowledge and ability makes them reluctant. Asking for advice is conceding in a way. Just my opinion. And what part of the gut center issue comment was a stereotype also? There's a certain pattern to how types manifest themselves and what he says speaks against it.
    Because a 5 might for whatever reasons for example desire help to understand themselves and the theory because they feel they are too incompetent to do so on their own? I've done type me threads and asked people for help typing me and I'm a 5. You can't use that as an argument against 5-ness. Then you're looking at behavior again, not motivations.

The argument for gut could go either way. There's not enough information because he is clearly withholding information, and that is quite stereotypically 5-like too. Which is why I asked why this is.

It is not whether they feel they belong to the group or not. It's that they define themselves in relation to the group.
    I didn't say "feel they belong to a group", I clearly wrote: "in relation to wanting to be a part of the group". It even says so in the quote that you quoted. We are still aware of our blind spot and we can feel consciously averse of spending focus on our blind spot which can appear counter-culture too. The difference between the blind spot and non-blind spot is that the blind spot also tends to induce a sense of shame or similar because we perceive it as a weakness.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

6? How so? Explain.
    Anxiety could be the cause of many things and is not limited to the head types necessarily, and cognitive functions have absolutely nothing to do with anxiety at all.

But emotionally holding back is not the same as being timid, is it?
    Competency types also doubt their abilities. If they didn't they wouldn't be competency types.
    4s are concerned with envy, not 3s. What you seem to describe is more a 4w3 thing than a 3 thing.

I do this too and I'm not an 8.

In summary, I think you're trying too hard to connect behavior with motivations without realizing that behavior can a wide variety of motivations underlying them. Enneatype is about motivations, not behavior.
    I was trying to make some short generalized statements. His answers sorta paint a venn diagram in my mind and I'm starting to think 9.

@Infinite Bubble...

do you ever feel like you have to remind yourself what our own goals are and detatch yourself from helping others with their own ambitions?