• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I always get one of the IN types, but the T/J dichotomies are weak. How would I differentiate? Yes, I am aware that the functions are drastically different; however, the (Ti/Ni/Fi) usage is what throws me off the most, as I feel I comfortably use each. How do you guys go about this with no tests etc? Ty

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Tertiary functions can be useful to look at.

INTPs and INFPs have Si as their tert function. This expresses itself as a kind of pedantry that splits hairs over the silliest of details, all in the name of precision and accuracy. It is also useful when recalling the most embarrassing and regrettable moments you'd rather forget.

I'd give more input on INFJ and INTJ, but I'm less familiar with how Ti and Fi express themselves.

Do you know anything about your enneagram? That could be helpful. :)

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Tertiary functions can be useful to look at.

INTPs and INFPs have Si as their tert function. This expresses itself as a kind of pedantry that splits hairs over the silliest of details, all in the name of precision and accuracy. It is also useful when recalling the most embarrassing and regrettable moments you'd rather forget.

I'd give more input on INFJ and INTJ, but I'm less familiar with how Ti and Fi express themselves.

Do you know anything about your enneagram? That could be helpful. :)

Um I have an issue with missing details. I don't tend so split hairs unless stressed.

My enneagram is 4w5 sp/sx or 5w4, the wings are so strong that differentiation is really hard.

I recognize using Ti/Ni usage, so I thought ISTP, but I don't do well with detail and sometimes can be overwhelmed by things like too many crowds, lights. I also have a bad habit of just looking up silly shit over and over when I'm depressed etc.

I'll highlight what I believe relevant.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always get one of the IN types, but the T/J dichotomies are weak. How would I differentiate? Yes, I am aware that the functions are drastically different; however, the (Ti/Ni/Fi) usage is what throws me off the most, as I feel I comfortably use each. How do you guys go about this with no tests etc? Ty

G

Ginkgo

People guess. Mistakes happen. Luckily, nobody gets paid.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Um I have an issue with missing details. I don't tend so split hairs unless stressed.

My enneagram is 4w5 sp/sx or 5w4, the wings are so strong that differentiation is really hard.

I recognize using Ti/Ni usage, so I thought ISTP, but I don't do well with detail and sometimes can be overwhelmed by things like too many crowds, lights. I also have a bad habit of just looking up silly shit over and over when I'm depressed etc.

I'll highlight what I believe relevant.

Well it's not common for INTPs to be 4s, so you could probably rule that out with reasonable certainty. For what it's worth, I've noticed the most 4s around here are INFJs and INFPs.

That aside, since you have an idea of how the functions work, why don't you provide some examples of how you utilize them? Or how you think Ti or Ni are more evident in your everyday interaction?

These videos could be helpful. I think Doctor Juice has a good grip on the differences between the types.

INTJ v. INTP

INFJ v. INFP

INTP v. INFP