• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type? A friend wants to know

Propper

Well I finally gave in. My friend wants to know my type, but he says not to take the online tests. So I'll just ask you. I will list off traits that I have, and since I know basically nothing about this stuff it should be interesting to find out what you say.

I dislike fast paced work
I am great at witty humor
I know that I am an introvert
My mother said when I was younger I had to list and plan everything or I would get pissed
I learned to read at a very young age
I have taken an official IQ test and received a 127 (don't know if this affects the type but I like to brag :newwink:)
I am very interested in physics and chemistry
I never studied in high school
I am competitive
My major is mechanical engineering
I have a variety of projects I work on in my free time for fun
I enjoy nature and outdoorsmanship
I aspire to move out west to the plains
People say I think too much
I have a small circle of friends in which I am the "leader"
I am committed to ROTC
I often want to do something, study it, then do it (Ex. built a gaming computer)
When it comes to academics I procrastinate but when it comes to my projects and work I work hard
I am religious
I am more liberal fiscally but conservative morally
I enjoy RPGs
I used to want to be a plumber, then sewer maintenance worker, then a sewer architect
My friends and I often make plans to "rule the world" for fun
People call me eccentric
I work out on a regular basis
I have little time or energy to spend on romantic relationships,
My father tells me that if a dead body would be in the room that I wouldn't even notice it, and to pay attention more
I am a great BSer
When I was young I used to modify RC vehicles and have my own version of Battlebots with my friends, I even bought a book on the physics behind the robots
I am definitely self centered
I feel guilty when I spend money
I have a hard time treating others equally
When others can't understand a concept I get impatient
I get angry when I see drug addicts, gangsters, or other detriments to society
Other people's messes won't bother me but my own messes do; I must keep an organized workspace
I love to read sci-fi and non-fiction
Underachievers apathy angers me
I like classical music and rock
I am musically talented
I don't know what to say when someone is crying
Most people have no clue who I really am
A lot of the time I can see how things can be made more efficient

That's all I can think of. I hope that helps! :bye:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to be the weirdo and say ESTJ. I see Te in the lead rather than a perceiving function. xxTJ, at least, for certain. I see no Fe here.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well I finally gave in. My friend wants to know my type, but he says not to take the online tests. So I'll just ask you. I will list off traits that I have, and since I know basically nothing about this stuff it should be interesting to find out what you say.

I dislike fast paced work
I am great at witty humor
I know that I am an introvert
My mother said when I was younger I had to list and plan everything or I would get pissed
I learned to read at a very young age
I have taken an official IQ test and received a 127 (don't know if this affects the type but I like to brag :newwink:)
I am very interested in physics and chemistry
I never studied in high school
I am competitive
My major is mechanical engineering
I have a variety of projects I work on in my free time for fun
I enjoy nature and outdoorsmanship
I aspire to move out west to the plains
People say I think too much
I have a small circle of friends in which I am the "leader"
I am committed to ROTC
I often want to do something, study it, then do it (Ex. built a gaming computer)
When it comes to academics I procrastinate but when it comes to my projects and work I work hard
I am religious
I am more liberal fiscally but conservative morally
I enjoy RPGs
I used to want to be a plumber, then sewer maintenance worker, then a sewer architect
People call me eccentric
I work out on a regular basis
I have little time or energy to spend on romantic relationships,
My father tells me that if a dead body would be in the room that I wouldn't even notice it, and to pay attention more
I am a great BSer
When I was young I used to modify RC vehicles and have my own version of Battlebots with my friends, I even bought a book on the physics behind the robots
I am definitely self centered
I feel guilty when I spend money
I get angry when I see drug addicts, gangsters, or other detriments to society
Other people's messes won't bother me but my own messes do; I must keep an organized workspace
I love to read sci-fi and non-fiction
Underachievers apathy angers me
I like classical music and rock
I am musically talented
A lot of the time I can see how things can be made more efficient

That's all I can think of. I hope that helps! :bye:

ISTJ

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ is my guess

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

He's gotta be INTJ

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He's gotta be INTJ

Agreed. Intjs are the only ones to admit to a desire to rule the world. Also no-one has a clue who you are - another classic intj trait. And lots of other things you''ve said too. I recommend taking the cognitive processes test to be sure. Keys2cognition.com. Then look up personality page personal growth for intjs and you'll get the best out of this whole typology thing :)

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF
can he explain more why he thinks he's religious?

i also think he's intj but the "I am religious" thingy is kinda off the track? i'm not saying INTJs can't be religious..but i think it's unusual...if he is an intj and a religious person there should be a good explanation why...like in what way or stuff like that....

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF

i also think he's intj but the "I am religious" thingy is kinda off the track? i'm not saying INTJs can't be religious..but i think it's unusual...if he is an intj and a religious person there should be a good explanation why...like in what way or stuff like that....

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Why would it be unusual for an INTJ to be religious? There seems to be a general and uninformed belief around that to be religious is to be irrational or small minded, which would be the opposite of the INTJ certainly. Religion has many expressions, many of which are highly rational and/or explorative, more so than much of popular atheism or agnosticism which is more often than not fueled by a lack of willingness to explore or challenge the status quo/popularist media driven views. It would seem to me that INTJ's would be VERY religious, simply because of their desire to have things and ordered (Te) ... even if that religion were Atheism.

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF
Why would it be unusual for an INTJ to be religious? There seems to be a general and uninformed belief around that to be religious is to be irrational or small minded, which would be the opposite of the INTJ certainly. Religion has many expressions, many of which are highly rational and/or explorative, more so than much of popular atheism or agnosticism which is more often than not fueled by a lack of willingness to explore or challenge the status quo/popularist media driven views. It would seem to me that INTJ's would be VERY religious, simply because of their desire to have things and ordered (Te) ... even if that religion were Atheism.

exactly.. that's why i'm asking "in what way" :). does he believe in religion the way his family or community did and never questioned it? or did he ever question those beliefs and found that because they were reasonable or worth believing in that he is devoted to the religion..? could be the latter or some other way because he said he's eccentric

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Yes, this would be a good question to answer, Propper ... are you still there?

Propper

Yes, this would be a good question to answer, Propper ... are you still there?

Yes I am still here. To answer your question, I am a Christian. But not part of an organized church. So "non denominational". I do not attend services, or talk about it much with others. I feel like the only way to truly know Christianity is what is in the Bible since it is first hand information. Since most of what people are taught in churches are actually against New Testament teachings, I choose just to study the Bible and interpret on my own. I also feel that discovering this stuff on my own gives more satisfaction than just being told by some guy on a podium.

Also, I have looked up cognitive functions. Ni seems to be described differently on different sites. Why is that?

INTJ_Prodigy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Definitely INTJ. You exhibit all of the same basic qualities that I do.

Interestingly enough though, where you see detriments to society, I see opportunities and possibilities for change. It's very interesting how many subtypes and archetypes there are for individual persona -- it all comes down to different shades of the same color.

Check out these sites for more information.

Our "group type" is called Rationals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_temperament
Our "specific type" is called Mastermind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(Role_Variant)

If those two sites don't describe you, Propper, consider me a fraud ;).

Definitely read the Mastermind link, that has many useful gems of introspective information. Masterminds don't just know how to follow blueprints -- we excel at creating them.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I've read the whole thing you wrote. You're clearly an INTJ.
Search for some descriptions on Google.

Propper

Thanks for all of the input folks. I'll relay the info and check out the links. :D