User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    SDFS
    Enneagram
    SDF

can he explain more why he thinks he's religious?

i also think he's intj but the "I am religious" thingy is kinda off the track? i'm not saying INTJs can't be religious..but i think it's unusual...if he is an intj and a religious person there should be a good explanation why...like in what way or stuff like that....

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Garthur17 View Post

i also think he's intj but the "I am religious" thingy is kinda off the track? i'm not saying INTJs can't be religious..but i think it's unusual...if he is an intj and a religious person there should be a good explanation why...like in what way or stuff like that....
    Why would it be unusual for an INTJ to be religious? There seems to be a general and uninformed belief around that to be religious is to be irrational or small minded, which would be the opposite of the INTJ certainly. Religion has many expressions, many of which are highly rational and/or explorative, more so than much of popular atheism or agnosticism which is more often than not fueled by a lack of willingness to explore or challenge the status quo/popularist media driven views. It would seem to me that INTJ's would be VERY religious, simply because of their desire to have things and ordered (Te) ... even if that religion were Atheism.

MBTI
    SDFS
    Enneagram
    SDF

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Why would it be unusual for an INTJ to be religious? There seems to be a general and uninformed belief around that to be religious is to be irrational or small minded, which would be the opposite of the INTJ certainly. Religion has many expressions, many of which are highly rational and/or explorative, more so than much of popular atheism or agnosticism which is more often than not fueled by a lack of willingness to explore or challenge the status quo/popularist media driven views. It would seem to me that INTJ's would be VERY religious, simply because of their desire to have things and ordered (Te) ... even if that religion were Atheism.
    exactly.. that's why i'm asking "in what way" . does he believe in religion the way his family or community did and never questioned it? or did he ever question those beliefs and found that because they were reasonable or worth believing in that he is devoted to the religion..? could be the latter or some other way because he said he's eccentric

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Garthur17 View Post

Yes, this would be a good question to answer, Propper ... are you still there?

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Yes, this would be a good question to answer, Propper ... are you still there?
    Yes I am still here. To answer your question, I am a Christian. But not part of an organized church. So "non denominational". I do not attend services, or talk about it much with others. I feel like the only way to truly know Christianity is what is in the Bible since it is first hand information. Since most of what people are taught in churches are actually against New Testament teachings, I choose just to study the Bible and interpret on my own. I also feel that discovering this stuff on my own gives more satisfaction than just being told by some guy on a podium.

Also, I have looked up cognitive functions. Ni seems to be described differently on different sites. Why is that?

MBTI
    INTJ

Definitely INTJ. You exhibit all of the same basic qualities that I do.

Interestingly enough though, where you see detriments to society, I see opportunities and possibilities for change. It's very interesting how many subtypes and archetypes there are for individual persona -- it all comes down to different shades of the same color.

Check out these sites for more information.

Our "group type" is called Rationals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_temperament
    Our "specific type" is called Mastermind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(Role_Variant)

If those two sites don't describe you, Propper, consider me a fraud .

Definitely read the Mastermind link, that has many useful gems of introspective information. Masterminds don't just know how to follow blueprints -- we excel at creating them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I've read the whole thing you wrote. You're clearly an INTJ.
    Search for some descriptions on Google.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

INTJ, brizzle.

Thanks for all of the input folks. I'll relay the info and check out the links.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    ISTJ
    I am inclined to agree with that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”