• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'll give this a second try...Please help with my type

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi people! I wrote a thread like this once before and most of the people typed me as INFP, after reading some descriptions of types and cognitive functions I decided that the best fit for me is an ENFP, but now I have some serious doubts about it and I am lost. It seems like ENFP is too bubly, nice, optimistic and friendly to everyone and I am totaly the right oppisite of this description, but I have no clue which other type could be a better fit for me :unsure: . Please can you read my description of myself really from begging to end and after it, give me some feedback? I'd be really happy.
I am the one who can party the whole week and I love it. I love to be careless and feel no responsibilities. Around my friends I am very open, I am for any crazy idea, and love to talk about interesting topics and I am fun. But my humor can be pretty sarcastic, cynical, and sometimes when I am in the mood I can be even hurtful to others, without caring about it, so not everyone is into my style of a humor. I'd say I sometimes drink too much, I tend to act as a boy and I really miss this sense of women's softness, or being tender. I don't like hugs, or debates about emotions. Even though I am woman and most of my friends are women too, I hate theese stereotypical women, with all thier styles and relationship issues I am totaly not interessted in topics like that. I like to wear leaky jeans, band's t-shirts, hippie clothes, but I am not very much into colors, I am mostly dressed in black or some darker colors. My topics of interesstes are mainly music, art, or philoshophy. I love when the debat makes you think, or I love to talk about ideas and meaning of everything. I love to know why and how things work and my mind is pretty analytical, BUT not logical :D . My thinking is also really crytical, I like to know facts and than talk about them and think about all of the possibilities. I am always open to new idea, or way of thinking, even though about things I believe in I tend to be pretty stubborn and it's hard for me to admit I am wrong. When I argue with someone I sometimes can be agressive and mean, and it's hard for me to hold my temper. Sometimes I do things too spontaneously, without thinking about them, or their consequences.
Around stranges I am very shy. I don't make new friends very easily. I am really a private person, reserved and cold to ones I don't know very well. I don't trust others easily.
When I am alone I love to write. I love to be abstract and metaphorical and even though I suck at arts, that needs manual work, your hands,or body like painting, or dancing I am pretty good with expresing my self with writteing and music. I write a lot of poems and fantasy stories and I play guitar. My biggest passion is singing, it's the thing that makes me really happy and always cheers me up. The true is I can't be alone for long, because I can get depressed very easily. I had some serious issues with depression and still I often feel lonely, sometimes even when I am around others. I tend to be very negativistic and have somehow this dark view on the world. I am attracted to darkness, dirty, lonely and broken things.
I sometimes have theese mood swings and have some issues with emotional unstabillity. At one moment I am the heppiest person in the world and a while after that I am deep down in depression with no meaning of life. I am oversensitive on criticism, totaly deppended on my image even though I am so unsure about my self-image in general. I always search for my true self, true personality and true stlye. I'd say I have low self confidance and that's the main reason why I am so shy around stranges. But I am great with one on one conversation, I'd say my thinking is bright and smart and I can learn very easily, I've been always good in languages and social science. But I am always the theorist, practice is not my strong side.
So...what are your guesses? :)

W

WALMART

So, as I was saying, you're definitely an Ne/F user. I can tell by the way you type, just letting the words flow out through your finger tips as your mind trains along. I think Se users would be too evaluative of their perceptions, it'd show through in their style of writing. It seems you'd be able to do this just about anytime, like a switch, this stream of consciousness thing.

It's something I quite envy about Ne users. I can have a hunch, an evaluation, a thought, but as soon as I try to pinpoint it my mind goes nine different ways and I lose its bearing, it just feels stupid.

I'd say with fair confidence ENFP, but maybe ESFJ.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
So, as I was saying, you're definitely an Ne/F user. I can tell by the way you type, just letting the words flow out through your finger tips as your mind trains along. I think Se users would be too evaluative of their perceptions, it'd show through in their style of writing. It seems you'd be able to do this just about anytime, like a switch, this stream of consciousness thing.

It's something I quite envy about Ne users. I can have a hunch, an evaluation, a thought, but as soon as I try to pinpoint it my mind goes nine different ways and I lose its bearing, it just feels stupid.

I'd say with fair confidence ENFP, but maybe ESFJ.

Dunno...I'm actually getting more Se than Ne. Either way, I'm definitely not seeing any Fe, but I'm getting some Fi.
[MENTION=17504]EndlessNameless[/MENTION] - It's actually still possible for you to be a thinker, but I am not detecting much of it in your writing. I'm mentioning this because this is an Internet forum. I only know you by your words.

I think you sound a lot like an ESFP. Either way, you are definitely an EP. I'd recommend looking between descriptions of ENFP's, ESFP's, and Ne vs. Se.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
The thing about ENFPs is...they are described as bubly, nice, warm, friendly people and as I said I can be very crytical, cold and reserved to ones I don't know very well, I am shy around stranges and I am cynical and sarcastic and I'd say this is the right opposite of the ENFP description, isn't it?

I

Infinite Bubble

Keep in mind that it's only a stereotype that ENFPs are a constant bubbly mess. You don't have to fit it. ENPs are also often said to be the most introverted extrovert, but that's just another stereotype, I suppose. But your OP is free-flowing just like Ne (perhaps Se), so I'd say you were typed correctly. How about ENTP? It could work; it may give you your cynical edge. Overall though, it's not enough change your type, because of course ENFPs can be cynical, just like any other type.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Okay just my last doubts about my type and if someone will still type me as ENFP I'l shut up :D .
1. I am pessimistic
2. I am melancholical
3. I feel uncomfortable when someone is talking about emotional stuff
4. I hate rainbows...seriusly...what is about them? :D
5. I don't wear colors, I hate pink, flowers and anything which is too girlish
6. I don't like hugs
7. I am not into romance, romantic movies, big love thing...
8. I believe everything can be explain by logic and facts...even love is just a chemical thing and nothing more...we all are just a chemical factories.
9. I like movies, music and art which shows the dark and dirty things about world... I love dramas, real life stories, I listen to lot of agressive music, I hate pop and I only listen to rock/metal stuff, I love dark art or fashion...
All theese things might be just because of my 4w5 enneagram...Maybe that's why I am not that happy bubly rainbow vomiting ENFP, but maybe...I am mistyped.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Would you share your age or age range EndlessNameless? Rep or PM if you want it to stay private. There's just something that itches at me in your descriptions ... I feel your 4'ness and don't have doubts on that. Would like to put you in an age context before I comment more on what you're sharing. Thanks!

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Would you share your age or age range EndlessNameless? Rep or PM if you want it to stay private. There's just something that itches at me in your descriptions ... I feel your 4'ness and don't have doubts on that. Would like to put you in an age context before I comment more on what you're sharing. Thanks!
I have no problems with sharing my age...I am 19 :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Not every ENFP is going to be a bubbly ball of sunshine!

I still wouldn't give up on ESFP, though.