• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible INTP or something wants second opinion.

Ketran

I'm going to copy and paste the questionnaires I filled out over at personalitycafe. I want as many opinions about who I am as I can get. This will be really long, you don't have to read the entire thing, I guess.

Here goes...

When I take internet tests I typically get INTP, but I have also gotten INFP, INTJ, and INFJ. Here are my results from the test linked to in the Holly thread. Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(100%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(22)%

I recently took the sociotype test. I got ILI-Ni. This corresponds roughly with the MBTI INTJ. According to the socionics test my other possible types are 1. LIE (ENTj): 90% as likely as ILI. 2. LII (INTj): 61% as likely as ILI. 3. EIE (ENFj): 57% as likely as ILI.

The description for ILI matches me better than any personality test description I have ever taken. Here it is. I relate to the strengths such as strong imagination as well as the weaknesses such as excessive self doubt.

I’ve been looking at celebritytypes. I noticed each type has a characteristic facial expression. INTJs look intense, INFPs look sad, ect. Somebody told me I look like an INTJ but somebody else said I look like an INFP.

I admire both the people in the INFP and the INTP section of that website. A lot of artists I like art INFP, and I seem to agree philosophically with the INTPs, such as Milton Friedman. Some of my favorite people are also ENTPs, like Steven Pinker and Maddox. The INTJ section has a lot of people I consider arrogant jerks, like Karl Marx and Ayn Rand. I like Isaac Asimov and James Cameron, though, and they are apparantly INTJs.

Every time I take the big 5 test I score high in neuroticism and openness, low in everything else.

I filled out two of the questionnaires on this forum.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I/E: I act shy in public but loud around my family and friends. On the internet, and around close friends, I can be very talkative and argumentative. I don’t know if socializing or being by myself “energizes” me. I get lonely if I spend all day alone, but I get exhausted if I spend a couple of hours at a party and I need time to myself. Basically I can't say either of these things energizes me. I think I am an introvert but I need social interaction.

F/T: I think logically but I am passionate about art. I can’t imagine doing anything other than art for a living.

As a child I scored very high on the math section of a standardized test. I didn’t like this, because I was bored by math and more interested in English. Why would I get a lower score on something I’m interested in? It’s kind of sad. A math teacher told me I had some of the highest math scores in the town. As I entered my teen years I began to really resent math and today I barely know algebra. I did poorly in school; I had to repeat a grade in high school.

I’m afraid I may be an INFP. I don’t want to be, because I resent the influence emotions have over my life.

P/J: I’m rather unorganized but I can also be rather organized. I don’t know if my lack of organization is due to motivation issues or because that is how I really am. It's much easier for me to care about work if I can clearly see how it fits into my goals.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to be highly skilled at many things and acquire the typical things people want like a stable well paying job and a family. Mostly I just want to be accomplished at what I do, because it brings me satisfaction.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I did a really good self portrait a couple weeks ago. I like creating things. Here is a picture I made.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Plenty. I fret about people ignoring me, I second guess my past and my future, I judge myself harshly and see things as a threat. I have less of an inferiority complex than I used to but it still gets in my way. I also have an arrogant side, not sure which one of these things is the "real" me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I don’t know how to answer this. Everyone makes decisions with a combination of rational thinking and emotion. I suppose I think ahead more than a lot of people. Sometimes this is bad, I think ahead so much it makes me anxious. It's also a good thing though, I can plan things and have goals.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Yes I like to have control. What's the alternative, no control?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I visited a couple college friends last weekend. We went out to a couple of Asian restaurants and hung out in the dorm talking about random things and joking. I also just finished Portal 2, that was fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I don’t know how to answer this one. If I’m trying to learn something I typically read a lot of stuff and eventually try to put it into practice.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

My room is very unorganized, but I am capable of being organized when I am highly invested in what I am doing. I dislike my lack of organization. It has to do with my executive function issues.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I do both, it wouldn’t make sense to do only one. However the first one is probably more revealing and the second has the potential to be misleading. As Homer Simpson said, “You can use facts to prove anything that’s remotely true.”

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I don’t really have harmony but I doubt making everyone else fit into a group would help.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One on one communication is easier. I don’t always think before speaking but I often do. Usually there isn’t time to think, people will think I’m an idiot if I don’t say anything.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I never jump in immediately.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Definitely the friends, unless I see them all the time and am getting tired of it.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I withdraw and lose motivation and hope. Some can’t tell I am stressed because it just looks like laziness.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike people who are selfish, shortsighted, and impose their will on others. Good examples of the type of people I dislike are Rick Santorum and Oprah.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about myself, art, social and political issues, entertainment, economic issues, people's problems and how to help them.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

This is an odd question. Team sports?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends think I'm smart, they think I'm good at seeing things objectively, and they think I worry too much. They think I have good advice and I'm good at understanding people's problems. I think something that is wrong with the perception some of my friends have is they sometimes think I act like a victim and don't try hard enough. My friends would never say I am cheerful, they would never say I have a type A personality, they wouldn't say I am organized.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I have a lot of these days where I just sit around and read internet articles. If I took the initiative to do what I really wanted I would write and draw.

And here’s the other questionnaire…

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Female, 25, unhappy state of mind. I have issues with school that stress me out, I have anxiety issues, I’m on ADHD medication and anxiety medication. I have PDD NOS, which is mild autism. People with autism are most likely to be INTJ or INTP. I had a terrible headache when I started writing this a few days ago, now I have a bad cold and it's the middle of the night.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I found this photo and added it to my favorites. I like the subject matter. There is a great sense of atmosphere, you really get a feel for the snow and the distance involved. It's very moody. It's difficult to create a well balanced night scene like this, without over or underexposing. It's a really good shot.

It seems lonely, there is only one car and it is driving away from us. It reminds me of The Shining.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I think about how this situation could have been avoided, and wonder whose fault it is. My outward reaction is hardly anything, I may look slightly annoyed and weary.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It would be exciting to go to the party, and meet some new people, but parties always frighten me. I would see this as a chance to practice my social skills.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward reaction would depend on where they are coming from, and how open they are to discussion. If they are rational I would talk about it with them, if they are irrational I would be much more annoyed.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Depends on how serious it is. For example if I saw a Nazi rally, I would be angry and try to get away from the situation. However if I saw a bunch of people wearing clothing I consider ugly, I wouldn’t care, but I might mock them behind their back.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Being open is a strong value of mine. I’m open to new ideas, people, and experiences. I developed this value out of disgust for people who let their preconceptions get in the way of their life and other people’s lives.

I value creativity, probably because it is something I am good at and admire in others. I value intelligence, ambition, objective thinking, curiosity, originality, morality, authenticity, freedom and individuality.

I value friendship. I'm loyal to my friends. I'm close to some of the few friends I have, but I have always felt like I wanted more friends.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I have been told I can see through bullshit. b) I would not be a less negative thinker. Notice how a and b seem to be mutually exclusive.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I pay attention to gut feelings. They are triggered when I am talking to people and judging them. They are also triggered when I make long term decisions such as what to major in.

However I often don’t trust my gut feelings because they tell me to avoid things I shouldn’t avoid.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I’m energized by drawing and painting. I’m drained by tedious busywork, and drawn out arguments.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress my aggression because it's easier to avoid conflict. I attempt to repress my social fear. Sometimes I repress my cynicism unless I am around those who enjoy it.

Nicki

Retired
I finally finished reading your wall of text. :D

I could definitely see INTP, you seem to have inferior Je.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow - amazing art!! (I looked at your picture) Have no clue what type you are but you are a great artist! Prob intp though eh. I have a similar struggle to decide my type and relate to much of what you say - others think I am intp too ... :)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Your description seems pretty INXP to me. :)

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I recognize myself in a lot of things you answer here (especially on the introverted side) but you may be a weak INTP, because sometimes you just seem out of the picture.
But then again, these types are just an indication. It doesn't necessarily mean that your profile (your OWN profile) should match the INTP profile well. You may have influences from other types (I don't know which ones - I just began studying this theory of Myer-Briggs).

But overall, you can say that you're worthy of being an INTP ;) (haha)

Greetings,

Eva.