User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    Hehe. As long as said spoonfeeding and diaper-changing isn't FOR the adult NTPs, I shall be okay with this.
    There's no distinction between adult and child in NTP land (barely in STP land either, for that matter).

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Must be why I love them-- makes my SFJ spidey senses tingle with nurturing and other such non-creepy-oedipal-warm-mom-like feelings. I reckon I'd like to start an xxTP collection. But no diaper-changing services will be provided--BYOD only.

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc

Be sure you aren't zeroing in too much on the minute details of descriptions, however. I've shown many friends descriptions of what type they think they are, and they object with "...but I don't like trivia" or "but I'm not a leader" or "but I don't whine" -- etc.

Not all NTPs are whiny manchildren nor are most FJs irrational control freaks; stereotyping is bad!
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Question Oops.

Gah! I'm sorry for bumping this. A whole 'nother thread about myself seems like it'd be more annoying, though.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out my type (hardly a rarity 'round these parts, it seems ). Not long after I believe I have it settled, I start finding more and more reasons to doubt it creeping out through the cracks, and, soon after, it's all a chipped, cracked, crumbly mess of pieces that can't fit back together anymore. Back where I started.

It feeeeels like I understand the functions, but I don't think that I really do. No matter how much time I spend/have spent reading about them in however many different ways they've been presented/described/explained, I never feel confident enough in my understanding to apply or demonstrate it, which I think means I never really understood it. I know I have this annoying, inefficient way of thinking myself over the river and through the woods, when grandma's house was right across the fucking street to begin with. Maybe that's why it's hard? Or maybe all of this is simply over my head. I'm not sure. But in any case, I'm invested, interested, still have a type (whatever it may be), and for whatever reason, still really want to figure it out.

I know that no one here knows me, so I can't really ask what I seem like. So, er, would anyone be willing to try to help me with this somehow?

Do you think that maybe, by my being so frustrated at all the possibilities I can see that I might be X type, or am probably not Y type, etc. could be inferior Ne? That I keep being too literal? Could I be right about ISFJ, then? Or something? I dunno.
    Last edited by Tabula; 04-06-2013 at 03:30 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I asked people who knows me really well to read descriptions and tell me which one fits me the best. I know some people who just see themselves as, for example XNTJ instead of INTJ or ENTJ ... because they haven't concluded which way they sway. I think my Ne and Fi are both high up there even though my friends tell me the INFP profile has got me written all over it. An outside perspective helps a lot because we are obviously biased. I think it's which type fits the best, not which fits you exactly right. I have friends who I know really well who I can't type the fourth letter for. There are a lot of different type profiles, some are more 'practical' and others are more 'intellectual' so not everything is supposed to fit exactly right.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    ...have a certain functional order preference, but not see yourself at all in its manifested "type" descriptions?
    Absolutely. I identify most with ISTJ or maybe ISFJ functions, but going strictly by lettters as ISxP.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

@Rebe Thank you for the suggestion. I asked a few people who know me well, and, while their choices weren't expected, it was really fun and interesting to see how they view me.

Here's what they chose for me:

Sister: INFP
    Dad: INFP
    Boyfriend: INFJ or ISFP
    Brother: INTP or INFP
    Mom: ENFP or INFJ
    Friend: INFJ

I think it's which type fits the best, not which fits you exactly right.
    You're right. I keep needing to be reminded of this, for some reason. It's so simple and easy to understand, but difficult in practice, I think, because I tend to automatically focus on exceptions, differences, inconsistencies, "mismatches" etc., while overlooking similarities. I'd been attributing this tendency to Si, but maybe I'm wrong.