• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of weird person am I?

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:huh: No, seriously. This is making less sense by the minute.

When I first took an MBTI test, I came out as an ISTP. I was fourteen at the time and far from fully developed personality-wise, and the last five years I've never seen another S in my results. But if you include that little discrepancy, none of the four traits have been consistent from the beginning. I have been typed everything from INTJ to ENFP, and lately some tests seem to think I'm ENTP, which is all new to me. Let's go over a whole lot of facts about the everyday 10blackroses:

- I've usually been the quiet, smart and slightly (read: sometimes extremely) weird kid in every class I've ever been in.
- I have a part eidetic memory.
- I look for patterns everywhere, even where there are obvious coincidences.
- I aced a history test without having read the chapter I was being tested in.
- I'm prone to minor mental health issues (moderate depression and the usual teenage angst).
- I argue about politics with a lawyer acquaintance of mine (an ENTx).
- Politically, I am a liberal.
- I have few close friends, but I value the ones I have more than I value myself.
- I can't read an analog clock without being very concentrated.
- I have self-diagnosed dyscalculia.
- I like dogs better than cats.
- I want to be a homicide detective once I get better.
- I am the only non-neatfreak in my family and circle of friends/acquaintances.
- I gave up keeping track on the news years ago, realizing that I didn't have enough emotional energy to worry about humanitarian disasters in addition to my own problems.
- I am competitive.
- In a discussion, I tend to be the aggressor and try to corner my opponents by being more logical than them.
- I am rational but impatient; I can start a Rubix Cube-type puzzle and do fairly well, but give up because I get too upset/cranky to follow through.
- I like trying to understand what people are thinking.
- I have a black/white view on right and wrong.
- I never see something obvious as disclosed; there might always be something I've missed.
- I am angered by animal abuse.
- I care about others, but I'm too impatient to act on empathy most of the time, and I could never have a full-time job taking care of others.
- When someone close to me is suffering, leaving them in that state is never an option to me.
- I follow my moral instincts rather than the established rules.
- I don't break laws for the fun of it; however, I might break them if they don't fit in with my own principles.
- Sloppy is my middle name.
- I have an extremely vivid imagination that sometimes turn perfectly natural sentences into something that doesn't make sense to anyone but me.
- My sense of logic deviates from the norm but usually lets me draw the right conclusion.
- I speak and write English better than my mother tongue (I'm unnaturally bilingual), and I also speak some French.
- I have a vast map of information in my head that is mostly exact enough to draw conclusions that are unexpected yet correct.
- I was already the "walking encyclopedia" of my school by age six.
- I am an aggressive chess player, often forgetting everything about defense.
- I have a dry/sarcastic sense of humour.
- I like to write stories, but they usually have tragic and (hopefully) thought-provoking ends.
- I take every little drop of criticism as a brutal attack on my works.
- I prefer texting to talking on the phone.
- I dislike being hugged, but I pretend to be fine with it.
- I have an obsessive need to check if all the doors in my house are locked three or more times before I go to bed.
- I'm slow to anger, but even slower to forgive.
- When people only see a story from one angle, I often challenge them by playing devil's advocate, even though I might actually agree with them.
- I dislike to lead others, but I will if I have to.
- My best subjects in school were literature and philosophy.
- I don't like to watch others make mistakes, and I'm quick to correct i.e. grammatical errors and severe factual mistakes.

I think my most developed function is Ne, but judge for yourself.

So, what do you think? Could I be an Extravert without knowing it? Please clear this up for me.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will point out the statements that means anything to me and say what I get from them

"The quiet, smart and slightly weird kid in every class I've ever been in."
This could be anything, but implies Introversion...

"Look for patterns everywhere, even where there are coincidences."
That's the very definition of Ne

"Liberal."
It's probably a more common trace to Perceivers

"Have few close friends, but value them more than I value myself."
Are you not self-confident? This could mean a lot of stuff... Well, have few friends is an Introversion trace, and this whole valuation implies Feeling rather than Thinking

Unable to read an analog clock without being concentrated."
I don't know, I guess all kind of people have this kind of problem, but I can see Ne's distraction in this statement

"Only non-neatfreak in family and circle of acquaintances."
Implies Perceiving

"Gave up keeping track of the news for lack of emotional energy to worry about humanitarian disasters and own problems."
So, you worry about humanitary disasters? That's Feeling in my conception, more specifically Fi...

"Competitive."
This screams Judgement or Te. Maybe Ti or Fe also...

"Tends to be the aggressor and corners opponents by being more logical than them."
Points to Thinking. And to Extroversion since Introverts normally are not prone to discuss

"Rational, but impatient. Give up puzzles because gets too upset/cranky to follow through."
Perceiving all the way.

"I have a black/white view on right and wrong."
That's very logical! Objective views of right and wrong...

"Never sees something obvious as disclosed."
Ne and Ni

"Cares about others, but too impatient to act empathetic most of the time."
Impatient? When you are empathetic with people for very long, do you feel tired out? Like with no energies? That would considerably prone you to Thinking

"Follows moral instincts rather than the established rules."
Ti or Fi...

"Breaks laws only if they don't fit with own principles."
Ti or Fi, probably Ti

"Sloppy."
Perceiving all the way

"Vivid imagination that turns natural sentences into something that doesn't make sense to anyone but me."
That's veeery Intuition

"Sense of logic deviates from the norm but lets me draw the right conclusion."
Ti trace

"Vast map of information that is exact enough to draw conclusions that are unexpected yet correct."
That could mean very different things. Ti, again, or Si...

"Take every drop of criticism as a brutal attack on my works."
This adds Feeling to your persona imo

"Dislikes to lead, but will if necessary."
A lot of types doesn't have any interest in leading, but this already takes ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ and ESFJ out of the table

"Don't likes to watch others make mistakes. Quick to correct them."
Very Thinking of you, Introverted Thinking mostly, although Extroverted Thinking users have this same trait, but they are normally more objective and harsh when correcting others

I kept analyzing and reading your statements, and as I was getting close to the end, I could only see INTP. So yeah, there is it...
I think you have a very concrete and well-used Ti, with an equally well-used Ne, but it seems to lack in you energy or interest to be an Extrovert, and, as consequence, an ENTP... But that could maybe be true. Also I can see a little Fi in you.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I have a hard time figuring out if you are INTJ or INTP. It's a bit odd considering one is Ni+Te and the other is Ti+Ne. Either way, it sounds like you are very in touch with your feeling side as well, which is always great.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks, seems like there's a strong possibility that I am an INTP. I always thought I was, but tests show so many different things that I got really confused. I get INTP and INFP about equally; but I read once that if a girl or woman gets ambiguous result on the T/F dichotomy, it is most likely that she is a Thinker because women are usually expected to be Feelers. Trouble with me is that nobody has EVER taken it for granted that I am a Feeler because I was a very introverted and difficult child, so I guess I was just seen as a troublemaker. The F side of me is something that has developed later, but it's a strong part of me and keeps making my test results incomprehensible. And about that thing that I seem to be lacking in energy, thus it's less probable that I'm an Extravert - nice observation. I have an illness that drains my energy level to a minimum - maybe that explains some of my apparent introversion, even though I think I'm an Introvert nevertheless.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you say Ne is your most developed function? You sound like you use Se/Ni to me, I'm leaning more toward an ISP.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say Ne because I never take anything at face value, I'm always uncounsciously looking for new facts that help me understand the world around me better, I have an extremely vivid imagination, and I very easily (maybe too easily at times) draw conclusions that have apparently nothing to do with the facts I started out with. Example:

I was quizzing with my family when I got this question:
"What area was purchased by the United States of America for 50 million francs in 1803?"
As I mentioned in the original thread, I'm not from the US or any English-speaking country myself, so it shouldn't be expected that I knew, and I didn't know, so I had to use my sense of logic to find out. It took me about five seconds because my brain instinctively knows what facts are relevant to a problem; a fact is never just a fact to me, it is a tool that allows me to see the world in a more complete way. So here's my reasoning:

1) Franc was a former currency in France. Thus, the colony had to be French before it became American.
2) Many cities and places in the new world were named after existing places in Europe (i.e. New York).
3) There is a French city named Orleans.
4) There is an American city named New Orleans - most likely named so in the same pattern as New York.
5) New Orleans is the capitol of Louisiana.

So I decided to answer Louisiana, which was correct.
One of the most defining traits of any N is the tendency to see details, though insignificant in themselves, as a part of a whole. Along with my imagination and my inclination to see connections everywhere, even where there aren't really any connections at all, makes me fairly certain that I am an iNtuitor rather than a Sensor. The Ne, in particular, is because I'm constantly expanding my knowledge of the world and use it in new and usually confusing ways.

I stumbled upon a quote online, from a film (The Zero Effect) that I haven't actually seen, but the quote says:
"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
A page online defines this as extremely characteristic of the Ne function, and it's also me in a nutshell - even if I'm only looking for one fact, I'm bound to find many other facts along the way, and simply passing by would be a shame, so it has to be integrated in my map of information immediately.

Another thing that would maybe be useful to know: I have some very subtle hints of an underlying Asperger's Syndrome, which even psychiatrists aren't completely certain that I have. Usually this would suggest either INTJ (most likely), INTP or ISTJ; however, to me it says the opposite. When a mental condition seems to influence someone's personality, you should subtract some amount of the effects of the condition from the overall impression of this person. Thus, as many Aspies are seen as Thinkers, you should in my opinion withdraw a little of the Thinking indications and stay open to the possibility that the person is more emotional than they appear to be.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you never discovered your type what would happen?

Hint:

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True ;) MBTI typing is just a hobby of mine, and I often quick-type others to be able to know what to say to them in a conversation (not much of a small-talker), so if I end up spending the rest of my life in the company of me, myself and I, I should at least know my type so I know what to say when talking to myself. :wink:

W

WALMART

Well, you figured out how to delete a double-post in record time. Some users have been here since 2008 that still don't seem to know how the 'delete post' feature works. Anyways, I am at my PC now, and will give you a bit more of a glimpse into my insight:

I say Ne because I never take anything at face value, I'm always uncounsciously looking for new facts that help me understand the world around me better, I have an extremely vivid imagination, and I very easily (maybe too easily at times) draw conclusions that have apparently nothing to do with the facts I started out with. Example:

I was quizzing with my family when I got this question:
"What area was purchased by the United States of America for 50 million francs in 1803?"
As I mentioned in the original thread, I'm not from the US or any English-speaking country myself, so it shouldn't be expected that I knew, and I didn't know, so I had to use my sense of logic to find out. It took me about five seconds because my brain instinctively knows what facts are relevant to a problem; a fact is never just a fact to me, it is a tool that allows me to see the world in a more complete way. So here's my reasoning:

1) Franc was a former currency in France. Thus, the colony had to be French before it became American.
2) Many cities and places in the new world were named after existing places in Europe (i.e. New York).
3) There is a French city named Orleans.
4) There is an American city named New Orleans - most likely named so in the same pattern as New York.
5) New Orleans is the capitol of Louisiana.

So I decided to answer Louisiana, which was correct.

I think Se/Ne users to be relatively complacent in letting their mind's perceptions lie where they fall, knowing they can be expanded upon or accommodated differently upon countering evidence. I think Si/Ni users to be more 'in-depth' with their studies.

I don't find your example evident of Ne. It's more Ni/Si - you knew Francs were used by the French, you knew Orleans is a French city and you knew New Orleans is a city in Louisiana, on top of likely knowing the etymology of Louisiana itself is of French origin, tying the whole thing together in a giant web. If you understand how neurological priming works, it's not an entirely far stretch of the imagination, given you had all this information accumulated as it was. Dario Nardi has shown Ni/Si works a giant blanket of thought, as opposed to Ne's high frequency pinging of data intake. Ne is closer to tangential thoughts of design while manipulating data, such as code optimization or crafty wordplay. Ni is like drawing lines between accumulated data, like Sherlock Holmes or something.

Your admittance for reluctance of drawing imprecise parallels gives more rise to me thinking you an Si/Ni dom/aux, but that's just a side note.

One of the most defining traits of any N is the tendency to see details, though insignificant in themselves, as a part of a whole. Along with my imagination and my inclination to see connections everywhere, even where there aren't really any connections at all, makes me fairly certain that I am an iNtuitor rather than a Sensor. The Ne, in particular, is because I'm constantly expanding my knowledge of the world and use it in new and usually confusing ways.

I stumbled upon a quote online, from a film (The Zero Effect) that I haven't actually seen, but the quote says:
"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
A page online defines this as extremely characteristic of the Ne function, and it's also me in a nutshell - even if I'm only looking for one fact, I'm bound to find many other facts along the way, and simply passing by would be a shame, so it has to be integrated in my map of information immediately.

Yes, common typological descriptions of intuitors are very pretty and appealing. They're also simply untrue - or at the very least, not mutually exclusive. It's the reason I mistyped ENTP upon discovery of MBTI - the type descriptions are everything I think of myself as. However, they're not how I am. It took a while to both realize how this is and how it could be, along with a little external help from members around the site. It's a fun process, digesting all there is to offer and really digging in to what's going on beyond the veil of what's immediately present.

Yes, the statement provided itself is indicative of a strong preference intuition. A question, are you relatively young?

I stick by my analysis, INTJ/ISFP.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am 19 years old, so yes, I guess I'm young.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even though I feel about twice as old as I am most of the time ^^'

Nicki

Retired
Hmm I doubt your feeling function is your inferior unless you went through something traumatic that caused you to develop it.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm I doubt your feeling function is your inferior unless you went through something traumatic that caused you to develop it.

I have had my fair share of traumatic experiences, some of them when I was still very young.

A couple of additional details (wow, I never realized there was so much to say about me):
- Many people seem to be under the delusion that I'm actually a tidy person, possibly because I think extremely systematically, while in reality I have no order whatsoever when it comes to the outside world.
- I was diagnosed with autism as a child, which was modified to Asperger's syndrome two years ago, and psychiatrists don't really agree on whether I should have any diagnosis at all.
- I have a very eclectic music taste, with a leaning towards power metal/symphonic metal/goth, but I also love tragic ballads and I sometimes listen to very soft music like Owl City.

I don't know if any of this is useful, though.
If I had met myself and seen me through the eyes of someone else, the first impression would probably have made me type me as a slightly mean INTJ; however, knowing what I'm like when I'm not meeting people for the first time and how my head works, I'm a bit doubtful to that, especially the J part.

Nicki

Retired
I have had my fair share of traumatic experiences, some of them when I was still very young.

A couple of additional details (wow, I never realized there was so much to say about me):
- Many people seem to be under the delusion that I'm actually a tidy person, possibly because I think extremely systematically, while in reality I have no order whatsoever when it comes to the outside world.
- I was diagnosed with autism as a child, which was modified to Asperger's syndrome two years ago, and psychiatrists don't really agree on whether I should have any diagnosis at all.
- I have a very eclectic music taste, with a leaning towards power metal/symphonic metal/goth, but I also love tragic ballads and I sometimes listen to very soft music like Owl City.

I don't know if any of this is useful, though.
If I had met myself and seen me through the eyes of someone else, the first impression would probably have made me type me as a slightly mean INTJ; however, knowing what I'm like when I'm not meeting people for the first time and how my head works, I'm a bit doubtful to that, especially the J part.

Ah I see, I hope you're doing well now.

INTJs do have dominant perceiving so they can be messy. What drives you in life? How do your morals work?

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My morals:
1) The law isn't infallible; I often find punishments and sentences too mild, and on other occasions I feel that obviously forgivable actions are wrongfully pegged as crimes.
2) Promises are meant to be kept; circumstances have to change dramatically for a promise to be broken.
3) I am not religious (agnostic bordering on atheist), but I still believe that morals are a part of being human and that most people instinctively know what is right or wrong; sometimes they just decide not to go with their moral instincts, and that's when they cross the fine line between - as dramatic as it may sound - good and evil.
4) I don't believe in love, but I do believe in empathy and compassion, as long as it's placed with the people who deserve it. We should strive to understand rather than convince, and preferrably not be too easily swayed by the possibly corrupted views of others.
5) The world and its inhabitants are cruel to many and kind to a few; but however much is wrong with the people around you, it's no excuse for sinking down on their level.
6) Sometimes remorse just isn't enough.

About what drives me: I don't really know. I guess my dream is just to find something worth dreaming of. For now, getting stronger in order to survive the next wave of misfortune is my top priority. Self-preservation is a strong instinct of mine, but even so, I tend to weigh my own needs against those of others close to me, and I often find that they are more important than my own.

I really sound like a jerk, don't I? I'll just shut up while some people out there still might like me. :shock:

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni is like drawing lines between accumulated data, like Sherlock Holmes or something.

I didn't pay much attention to this comment until now (I'm bored and re-reading old messages), and I thought this statement was a bit interesting because I've been compared to Sherlock Holmes and saw a whole lot of my own traits in him when I read the books, so much that I almost wondered if A.C. Doyle had been spying on me from the past when creating that character :shock: Freaked me out a tiny bit. I don't have the same observation skills, but the way I build up conclusions in my head is quite similar:

Fact 1 + Fact 2 = Connection? + Fact 3 = Confirms connection + Fact 4 + Fact 5 = Another connection = Connection 1 + Connection 2 = Conclusion

And that way of thinking earned me a rank as #4 at my school in theoretical maths, even though numbers really aren't my thing (self-diagnosed light dyscalculia); I only used logic and converted the numbers into factors that meant something to me, something that I could actually read.

So, interesting statement; I always saw Holmes as xNTP, but I might be wrong.