User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 60

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    This blog might help:

    http://introspective-to-a-fault.blog...ng-is-not.html
    http://introspective-to-a-fault.blog...d-emotion.html

    I forgot how I discovered it, but I find a lot of what she says interesting and insightful. She does quite a bit of commentary on typology, so sifting through her blog may be helpful. I believe she types herself as INFJ and E4.

  2. #22
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Write all 16 types out individually on small pieces of paper, then toss them around in a container and choose one. That's what a lot of people seem to do.

  3. #23
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This blog might help:

    http://introspective-to-a-fault.blog...ng-is-not.html
    http://introspective-to-a-fault.blog...d-emotion.html

    I forgot how I discovered it, but I find a lot of what she says interesting and insightful. She does quite a bit of commentary on typology, so sifting through her blog may be helpful. I believe she types herself as INFJ and E4.
    Very interesting blog. Thank you for sharing.

    The first one leads me to believe I have a thinking preference -- I generally do place logic and analysis and such above feelings if they are other's feelings and I don't deem them valid for whatever reason -- but the second contradicts that; I'm very aware of what I feel, and what others feel, and I value my relationships with other people so I try to resolve conflict as much as possible.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  4. #24
    Senior Member KatharineML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I think people are often mistaken about the Enneagram and links between the two systems. The Enneagram is more rooted in reaction to life circumstances than Myers Briggs. It seems to me that 'nurture' has more influence in one's Enneagram type, and 'nature' more in one's Myers Briggs type, leading to a myriad of possibilities and combinations.
    Personally, I would have thought that INTJ females would be VERY likely to be 4 enneagrams, as they would likely feel themselves to be unique and super sensitive/aware compared to other more common types in the female world. How do you see the 4 type as being incompatible with INTJ?

  5. #25
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    I think people are often mistaken about the Enneagram and links between the two systems. The Enneagram is more rooted in reaction to life circumstances than Myers Briggs. It seems to me that 'nurture' has more influence in one's Enneagram type, and 'nature' more in one's Myers Briggs type, leading to a myriad of possibilities and combinations.
    Personally, I would have thought that INTJ females would be VERY likely to be 4 enneagrams, as they would likely feel themselves to be unique and super sensitive/aware compared to other more common types in the female world. How do you see the 4 type as being incompatible with INTJ?
    People seem to think that 4s are incapable of being Ts in general...which makes no sense. I think a T that uses Fi would be especially likely to be a 4, right? Particularly since the 4 can have either a 5 or 3 wing, both of which are in the competency triad. If the wing is strong, so is the competency leaning. Personally, I have a strong 3 wing and also pretty prominent 5 influence, although 3 prevails. I think INTJ could, quite honestly, make a lot of sense now that I reflect on my thought process -- I'm far more Te than I thought; however, another type could still be a better fit, it really depends.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

  6. #26
    Senior Member KatharineML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    People seem to think that 4s are incapable of being Ts in general...which makes no sense. I think a T that uses Fi would be especially likely to be a 4, right? Particularly since the 4 can have either a 5 or 3 wing, both of which are in the competency triad. If the wing is strong, so is the competency leaning. Personally, I have a strong 3 wing and also pretty prominent 5 influence, although 3 prevails. I think INTJ could, quite honestly, make a lot of sense now that I reflect on my thought process -- I'm far more Te than I thought; however, another type could still be a better fit, it really depends.
    Yes, a T that uses Fi in tertiary position would be very likely to be a 4, I would have thought. Being a T does not mean you are not able to appreciate art and other things outside of the logical interest sphere. Regarding Te, for you, this function would be a 'servant' to Ni, so would look considerably different to, and be far more flexible/diverse than Te used by ENTJ's or ESTJ's.
    You say another type could be a better fit, which one(s) were you thinking of?

  7. #27
    Senior Member KatharineML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Very interesting blog. Thank you for sharing.

    The first one leads me to believe I have a thinking preference -- I generally do place logic and analysis and such above feelings if they are other's feelings and I don't deem them valid for whatever reason -- but the second contradicts that; I'm very aware of what I feel, and what others feel, and I value my relationships with other people so I try to resolve conflict as much as possible.
    The fact that you are aware of what you feel and what others feel and value your relationships does NOT mean you are not a T user - it just means you are a human being

  8. #28
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Of course, there are things that I believe are right or wrong, but I try to avoid those exact terms because what is right, wrong, moral, immoral, acceptable, unacceptable and so on depends on the situation/context and perspective. I think there are some things that are 'wrong' in the sense that they put others in danger or don't respect people's rights, but I don't like the whole issue of morality because I don't think objective morality actually exists. It's what I believe, but that doesn't make it law and it shouldn't. Also, logic and objective views of situations has never been an issue for me; rather, more of an issue for my friends who have inferior Thinking functions (mainly Fe doms) who can't look past their own attachments and take a logical standpoint on an emotional issue (for clarification, I mean nothing rude towards Fe or Fi doms by this, just trying to state experience).
    You're an EFP, and I lean towards ESFP. I don't see very much intuition of any sort in your posts so far, and if it's there it's Ne not Ni. Second, I'm fairly certain you're a 6w7 sx/so and not a 4w3.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I always get INFJ on that test.

    It's because I love to overestimate my psychic abilities.

  10. #30
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Yes, a T that uses Fi in tertiary position would be very likely to be a 4, I would have thought. Being a T does not mean you are not able to appreciate art and other things outside of the logical interest sphere. Regarding Te, for you, this function would be a 'servant' to Ni, so would look considerably different to, and be far more flexible/diverse than Te used by ENTJ's or ESTJ's.
    You say another type could be a better fit, which one(s) were you thinking of?
    That's true. How do you think it would look?
    I didn't want to speak in absolutes. I never do. I don't have a particular type in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    You're an EFP, and I lean towards ESFP. I don't see very much intuition of any sort in your posts so far, and if it's there it's Ne not Ni. Second, I'm fairly certain you're a 6w7 sx/so and not a 4w3.
    No offense, but christ, no. Definitely not Se-dominant. It's nearly impossible for me to live in the moment because my mind is automatically programmed to jump several steps forward -- I overthink everything, and the divide between intuition and sensing has ended up being one of the most prominent divides to set me apart from others. Don't get me wrong, I do love my sensor friends, truly, but it's quite clear to me that I am not one of them in that regard. Especially since my parents are both intuitives and among the company of other obvious intuitives, I feel the most 'at home', if you will.
    Also, while 6w7 is in the realms of possibility, I'm quite sure that I am an image type -- it's evident in my thinking and feeling patterns, the way I see myself, the attention I pay to such things -- and I'm such a glutton for feelings and being different, 4w3 seems the obvious choice. The descriptions resonate greatly with me and I consider myself a 4w3 first, paying mind to MBTI second.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

Similar Threads

  1. no clue what my type is
    By dahliahl in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 08:34 PM
  2. Hi, I am new......I have no idea what my type is!
    By NeverGiveUp in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
  3. No idea what my type is.
    By ohifwinterends in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
  4. I have no idea what my type is?
    By Ethanescence in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 06:33 AM
  5. Pretend i dont know what my type is
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO