I cannot figure myself out. I have reasons to believe I'm an INFP/INFJ but I also sometimes think I'm an extrovert with social anxiety.. Then again, I relate to things in almost every type.. I could probably relate to a penguin if I tried!
If I give reasons for why I think I'm each will someone help me out? I have a counselor but he doesn't know much about MBTI. He said as far as DiSC personality, I'm a C, but I think I'm a blend of S, C, and I.
Reasons I think I'm an INFP:
1. I feel like I am
2. Whenever I test, I get this most often. Probably about 90% of the time, but that could be because that's what I want to be or that's what I actually am?
3. I CANNOT keep anything organized to save my life except at work, I try really hard so no one gets mad at me. My room, purse, and car are disaster zones, no matter how often I set the goal to "become more organized"
4. I cannot save money or budget well. I've tried, but I always give up. The only reason I have money saved right now is thanks to my tax returns. Oy. If I end up single for the rest of my life, or with another P, we will have no money.
5. I'm artistic and right brained, most of the time. I'm a graphic designer, who wanted to be an artist but whose parents thought I'd end up homeless. Any career choices that ever appealed to me were ones that included art or helping others. So ones that make no money and would make my parents sad! "Why don't you go to pharmacy school?" They said.
6. I get bored easily, and always have since I was a baby.
7. I am a dreamer and have recently tried to be less so because I realize it doesn't help anything or anyone, but I do have a child-like sense of wonder.
8. I care a lot about social justice, but if I really let myself think about it, I realize that the perpetrators of oppression and such were once children too, and this makes me sad for them I guess. Especially if they were abused themselves.
9. I try to control a LOT, but it's out of fear, and also it's when I think I should based on what other people think or how they act. For instance, I will plan what I will say or do in situations where I am afraid of rejection etc. But I am also diagnosed with social anxiety and OCD.
10. I'm really bad at logic.
11. One person told me her first impression of me was that I was "very much my own person".
12. I procrastinate like an F-student But I always get the most important things done. I just can't be one of those people who prepare in advance for assignments or tasks (note that I had to finish this sentence after typing another sentence and coming back to realize i didn't finish this one…this actually happened twice..nope, three times.)
13. I am rarely on time except to things that I find very very important to me. I.e, work and school, I would be late to (oops) but my counseling appointments I would not. That's selfish I realize, but alas.
14. If I'm not stressed I enjoy and even seek out spontaneity and adventure though sometimes when I'm stressed I'll get into the "forget it" mode, and rebel against my fear.
15. I love to laugh, and it usually helps me when I'm stressed but when I'm too too stressed, I can find it hard to even laugh. I think that might be everyone though?
16. I don't understand a lot of the type lingo regardless of how much I research it, which is why I'm asking someone to just tell me.
17. I'm childlike, even though I'm almost 25, and people think I'm 12. That could be the way I look, but I also just feel like I act younger, and people have told me I do. And by 12 I mean, people just think I'm younger than I look. I'm good at exaggerating, not sure what type that is.
18. I've edited this a few times so I don't appear "crazy" but also in case anything is "wrong", which leads me to...
Reasons I might be an INFJ:
1. I feel safer doing non-creative jobs because they're less likely to be criticized or rejected. Even though I value creativity a lot, I am sometimes paralyzed by fear when I try to create art or anything of the sort, and prefer task based things that are simple like proofreading, though then I can get distracted. So..
2. I'm ridiculously stubborn and can be rigid.
3. I have OCD.. and therefore black/white thinking often
4. I make a lot of value judgments
5. I can be very critical and judgmental
6. I like to give advice if I can, though lately I'm realizing I don't have to all the time. I always felt like I *had* to. And I think i'm good at it most of the time..
7. Sense of humor can sometimes be morbid. Like today, when the printer at work wasn't working, I joked I was going to slit my wrists with the printer paper. That sounds worse than it was delivered…
8. If someone takes advantage of me or disagrees with/somehow violates something I'm very passionate about, I will get pretty angry, which usually results with me cutting them with words. Once I threw something at someone but that was in middle school and I never ever want to do that again. Nor have I. And I still feel overwhelming guilt about it. I'm rambling.. Infp?
9. I'm afraid I am an INFJ, and I'm afraid that means that I am. Does that make sense? Probably not. Basically, I don't want to be an INFJ because (I'm so sorry for saying this, I have INFJ friends who I love!!) But I feel like they can seem kind of "mean"? And that's the last thing I'd want to be. I also feel like I get along with more people than INFJs would? But then I'm afraid I'm trying to make myself an INFP when I'm really an INFJ. Oh, my brain! again, I'm really sorry to INFJs :/ This is based on my research and my probably faulty intepretation of it..
10. I like to follow the rules most of the time, mostly out of fear or disapproval, danger, or something else.
11. I'm obsessing about my type, which I feel like is very INFJ of me.
12. I overanalyze and research a lot and think way too much. But usually my feelings cause my thoughts, I've been told..
13. I can be depressing if I'm depressed, but usually hide this from people I dont know well and put on a mask. But then I feel I'm being insincere. Such conflict in my brain..
Reasons I might be an E of some sort:
1. I hate being alone. But I also get very anxious around people I don't know. I'd rather be with people I'm super close to and comfortable with than alone most of the time, but then I tend to hibernate when I get too stressed out.
2. I like to make friends wherever I go.
3. People tell me I'm an introvert but I honestly think it's just anxiety..
4. If I'm upset I might want to hide but if I force myself to be around people I feel better. But it depends how upset/stressed I am.
Oh dear heavens, if I'm just plain old crazy, you can let me know too. Just kidding