First 12

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    First, I'm not saying you're Fe-dom, but ENFJ. Those are two different systems. So I don't believe the false theory that ENFJ always equals FeNi. A good JCF test shows a more complicated situation with function ordering, especially for those who score high on two extraverted functions or two introverted functions. The fact that the test will then force a single answer as "most likely" doesn't mean that a single answer is the "most likely" answer, it just reveals the bias of the test-maker. You come across to me as being ENFJ because in your self-portrait you appear more E than I, more N than S, more F than T, and more J than P. Also because parts of it match the ENFJ portrait.
    Ok, I see what you mean. Could you tell me a bit more about why you see F > T and J > P?

This particularly describes not only the ENFJ type but also the 3 moving to 9: "Exhaustion drives me to completely passive apathetic rest, I will get away from other people then and just lie down, perhaps read some easy fiction & temporarily less ability to confront people. Then I'm back and up again."
    Curious: what in that is ENFJ-specific?

Secondly, I wasn't trying to consider your reasons or motives behind having such-and-such traits, e.g., being competitive, because these change with level of integration. A 3 at a high level of integration is going to care less about persona.
    Nice thought that I might be well integrated, but heh I'm not so sure about that. I just never tried to build any persona. I am who I am even if some people don't like the way I am.

"And then there's some other things that I haven't experienced but would like to and used to dream about a bit. Including a real quality relationship."

A type 3 at average to below-average functioning doesn't have any real quality relationships with others, they are based out of pretense. At the higher levels of functioning there is the desire to find real quality relationships, but this process must begin with the relationship with one's self.
    I don't get this idea of pretense relationships. How does a 3 do that sort of pretense relationship and why? I have a hard time imagining the point of that.

By real quality relationship I meant finding people (friend and/or romantic) who care as much as I care about them. In several ways. This is my problem with relationship stuff. OK, this topic is for sure complex, but anyway it's definitely not to do with personas. Actually, as I don't have a neat persona, that probably acts as a good filter to weed out most people in the relationship arena lol... Yes this was a way to say that many people have a hard time handling the way I am...

"I could analyse more of why I like to be competitive. Why does a 3 essentially care about competition? For a type 3, must it be for the goal of being admired or can a 3 have another motivation? For me it's a different motivation."

Like what?
    I'll try to go as deep in this as I can.

In general I prefer intrinsic motivation over external motivations. Working for other people's admiration or working to pass someone else who's ahead of me in life are external motivations and not motivating enough on their own, they don't put me into action on their own. Instead, I get directly satisfied by achieving my envisioned goal or by meeting a challenge. I don't need others applauding me to get to feel great. I'm motivated primarily by the challenge itself and not by external validation.

Related to that is that I don't look at life as a "game to win". Life is just here and I need to feel alive doing something, not sit on my ass bored. The challenges and goals and striving for them is what makes it all interesting and satisfying. If it's something crazy or big enough that most people don't even start to think about doing then it's significant and meaningful if considering life on some abstract level. (And what I said about doing something that has an impact for others too by it being useful in their lives is also meaningful, but I can't yet analyse this one well.) Note, by default I'm not very good at evaluating what's meaningful. I don't often stop to consider life on this level. Not on an everyday level. But if I'm to I look back, I definitely feel better if I can evaluate my life to say it's had some point and meaning.

I could however have an image triad related motivation in terms of how I like to feel I'm not just some random average person. Also, yes, it's a good feeling to know that I've got more things or am in a better position than others. Still, I don't feel the need to advertise my things and it's not the direct motivation putting me into action either. I'm satisfied if I simply know that I have it.

Yet another motivation for me being competitive: I'm either intensely doing something or I don't get involved (maybe this is an SX-dom instinct thing?!) and trying to beat someone else can help me make me interested in an activity and get the intensity level needed to keep going with it. Interestingly enough, it can also be a turn-off if I feel it'd be too much pain in the ass trying to win while it's just some random game that I'm not truly hooked onto. I drop it there then, lose interest, be bored, leave, whatnot. What I primarily need is get hooked in some way. But competitiveness definitely has a big role in keeping up the intensity level. And once I'm into it, it's very hard for me to get off it, I'll be very angry/frustrated if I don't win.

So, how are 3's about that? Is there a way for type 3 to value themselves without needing to get the validation from other people? Can a type 3 exist without other people's feedback? Can you relate all this here to some integration level? Though, I've always been this way, this is not the result of improving myself or anything. I just simply never needed feedback or validation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Let's not forget the "extra questions" category which shows you to be 3w2. Let me boil down your responses for you:

(...)

Now if I had to go strictly by your motives, none of the types fit you. But if you would keep in mind that none of us here know your motives, except for yourself, what I have to go by is a fairly positive statement about 3, a leaning toward 2, and plain negative toward every other type except 7 and 8. So I'll go with 378 as your tritype.
    Yeah, I also think 378 is my tritype. I could argue for and against any of these types to be core type, though, as you yourself noted this. I wouldn't say my answer was more positive for 3 than for 7 and 8. I said for 3 that it's not an always-on thing, while I said for 7 that I can be satisfied without having to run somewhere else and for 8 that I can ask others to help and I don't feel the need to go live in the middle of a forest to be self-sufficient.

Maybe I misinterpret the fulfillment (type 7) and the self-sufficiency ideas (type 8) though. Let me know if you think that could be the case.

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

*BUMP* & Thanks!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I see 369 triad being the core, but can't pinpoint which one. I could see an argument for any at this point. Also, you should seriously consider what triple id really means before you type as such. Triple ids are most likely the most selfish, vain and narcissist people you would ever meet with little to no concern about other people and the consequences of their actions unless very healthy. Just core id types can be this way. Triple id are that times three.

Also, I can't pick up that sx dom energy. I'd wager so dom for you, perhaps so/sp or so/sx.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    I see 369 triad being the core, but can't pinpoint which one. I could see an argument for any at this point. Also, you should seriously consider what triple id really means before you type as such. Triple ids are most likely the most selfish, vain and narcissist people you would ever meet with little to no concern about other people and the consequences of their actions unless very healthy. Just core id types can be this way. Triple id are that times three.

Also, I can't pick up that sx dom energy. I'd wager so dom for you, perhaps so/sp or so/sx.
    Thanks for that reply, I wasn't visiting the site, so I see it only now...

6 and 9? That's the first time I hear those being considered. What makes you think so?

As for triple id: surely you can say just one good thing about those triple id people? =D

Dunno about the instincts. If so-dom can be found always existing outside groups, never inside, then so be it.

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

*bump*

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

...Do please ask questions if the above's not specific enough! Thanks.