User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Default Typed as INFJ but unsure...?

Le Sigh. I tested as an INFJ and after reading the description, I felt pretty sure about it. Since then though, I have been reading up on INFJ behavior, issues, etc. here and have become a bit doubtful.

These are the things I wholly ressonate with the INFJ type:
    - I am very creative, and tend to focus on fantasy more than reality.
    - I fear drawing attention to myself.
    - I am easily offended.
    - I am socially uncomfortable (awkward).
    - I can self sabbotage.
    - I fear rejection in relationships.
    - I am very strict and legalistic with myself.
    - I am not easily swayed or fooled
    - I am emotionally perceptive and very self aware.
    - I am very selective about my close friends.
    - When I deem something to be wrong, I can get very worked up about it.
    - I'm as stubborn as a mule.
    - I hate having plans changed on me.

These are the things that make me think I'm mis-typed:
    - I am not overly prone to sensitivity or crying.
    - I'm not easily intimidated.
    - I do not hesitate to speak my mind.
    - I like to help people, but I'm not nearly as humanitarian as I've seen INFJ's described.

Thoughts? There are only a few items on my questionable list, but they seem to be pretty contradicting the to INFJ type. Ack, my Enneagram type was so easy for me to identify and now this is tripping me up! Thanks to anyone who is willing to give their two cents.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Hi there - I'm sure we are all different from one another. All infj's will not be entirely alike. If you felt pretty sure about the description first time then it probably is you. Maybe you are closer to the T than others on the spectrum?
    Another possibility is that you are actually an INTJ but because you are a woman, your perception is naturally inclined towards emotions/self/elationships?
    As I write, I'm thinking, yes, maybe my second idea is right?

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

You're right, just as 4's have their differences INFJ's must too. Hmm, I read up on the INTJ and I'm posative that's not me either (I'm not systematic or that coldly cerebral). Thanks @KatharineML for your input, I really appreciate it!

The main thing I'm trying to wrap my brain around is the humanitarian thing. I mean I'm not Robin Hood but I do find myself hurt for those who hurt. I do regularly volunteer and have a heart for specific areas (namely teenagers) but my personality is not the "bleeding heart" type. I talked to my Mom about it and her initial reaction was to remind me that as a child I was very inclined to want to help people. She said I would cry and be very confused and angry as to why those people were hurting/didn't have what they needed. I think the world has just made me more callous, but maybe my heart really is humanitarian?

Ack, I don't know.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I've been sluething through the forums and have realized INFJ is really the only thing I could be, but some things still don't click. For example, I relate to this statement @fidelia made in the "Common INFP Issues" thread, except the bolded (which I don't realte to at all).

For INFJs, I think the biggest compliment you can give them is wanting to understand them completely and really know who they are at their core. Not asking seems like a rejection or lack of interest, particularly if they have invested a lot of time trying to get to know and understand you. Also not expressing something in my world usually means that I'm either neutral or holding back something negative (which I would probably only say if asked). [...] Fe users tend to usually nothing=negative. Therefore if you don't tell an INFJ your positive feelings about them, they will assume there aren't any or that you even are beginning to feel quite negatively towards them. They'll try to ask about it sometimes and that seems even more annoying, I'm sure.
    Is it possible to be an upfront INFJ who is not afraid of conflict?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't see anything in your description that makes me question your self-typing of INFJ. INTJ is another possibility.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

No, that could just totally be a me thing. While I am still likely to feel out my audience, I am much less conflict avoidant than I used to be.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Okay, apparently I'm just majorly over-thinking this.

Thanks both of you for taking time to respond!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Take that conflict and ram it down the worlds throat.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Hi small wonder - I should let you know, my 23 year old daughter is an INFJ and is definitely not the bleeding heart type. She cares deeply about people, and has high expectations for them, which is why she has high expectations of them! Her love for others is amazing, actually, but she is not at all sentimental with it. You sound a lot like her I hope you will be convinced of your type and run with it, as INFJ's are amazing and the world needs more of you!

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Take that conflict and ram it down the worlds throat.
    Haha! I can ressonate with that, though usually my version is, "...and punch them/it in the face". Really, it gets me in trouble (though I never follow through...mostly).

@KatharineML Thanks for your encouraging words, I think I'm happily resigned now! The more I've read, the more I've realized that (as you've said) there are less-sensative, direct INFJ's! Thanks again, it was very sweet (and helpful) of you to share!