• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typed as INFJ but unsure...?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Le Sigh. I tested as an INFJ and after reading the description, I felt pretty sure about it. Since then though, I have been reading up on INFJ behavior, issues, etc. here and have become a bit doubtful.

These are the things I wholly ressonate with the INFJ type:
- I am very creative, and tend to focus on fantasy more than reality.
- I fear drawing attention to myself.
- I am easily offended.
- I am socially uncomfortable (awkward).
- I can self sabbotage.
- I fear rejection in relationships.
- I am very strict and legalistic with myself.
- I am not easily swayed or fooled
- I am emotionally perceptive and very self aware.
- I am very selective about my close friends.
- When I deem something to be wrong, I can get very worked up about it.
- I'm as stubborn as a mule.
- I hate having plans changed on me.

These are the things that make me think I'm mis-typed:
- I am not overly prone to sensitivity or crying.
- I'm not easily intimidated.
- I do not hesitate to speak my mind.
- I like to help people, but I'm not nearly as humanitarian as I've seen INFJ's described.

Thoughts? There are only a few items on my questionable list, but they seem to be pretty contradicting the to INFJ type. Ack, my Enneagram type was so easy for me to identify and now this is tripping me up! Thanks to anyone who is willing to give their two cents. :)

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi there - I'm sure we are all different from one another. All infj's will not be entirely alike. If you felt pretty sure about the description first time then it probably is you. Maybe you are closer to the T than others on the spectrum?
Another possibility is that you are actually an INTJ but because you are a woman, your perception is naturally inclined towards emotions/self/elationships?
As I write, I'm thinking, yes, maybe my second idea is right?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're right, just as 4's have their differences INFJ's must too. Hmm, I read up on the INTJ and I'm posative that's not me either (I'm not systematic or that coldly cerebral). Thanks [MENTION=17702]KatharineML[/MENTION] for your input, I really appreciate it! :)

The main thing I'm trying to wrap my brain around is the humanitarian thing. I mean I'm not Robin Hood but I do find myself hurt for those who hurt. I do regularly volunteer and have a heart for specific areas (namely teenagers) but my personality is not the "bleeding heart" type. I talked to my Mom about it and her initial reaction was to remind me that as a child I was very inclined to want to help people. She said I would cry and be very confused and angry as to why those people were hurting/didn't have what they needed. I think the world has just made me more callous, but maybe my heart really is humanitarian?

Ack, I don't know.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been sluething through the forums and have realized INFJ is really the only thing I could be, but some things still don't click. For example, I relate to this statement [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] made in the "Common INFP Issues" thread, except the bolded (which I don't realte to at all).

For INFJs, I think the biggest compliment you can give them is wanting to understand them completely and really know who they are at their core. Not asking seems like a rejection or lack of interest, particularly if they have invested a lot of time trying to get to know and understand you. Also not expressing something in my world usually means that I'm either neutral or holding back something negative (which I would probably only say if asked). [...] Fe users tend to usually nothing=negative. Therefore if you don't tell an INFJ your positive feelings about them, they will assume there aren't any or that you even are beginning to feel quite negatively towards them. They'll try to ask about it sometimes and that seems even more annoying, I'm sure.

Is it possible to be an upfront INFJ who is not afraid of conflict? :huh:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see anything in your description that makes me question your self-typing of INFJ. INTJ is another possibility.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
No, that could just totally be a me thing. While I am still likely to feel out my audience, I am much less conflict avoidant than I used to be.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, apparently I'm just majorly over-thinking this.

Thanks both of you for taking time to respond!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Take that conflict and ram it down the worlds throat.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi small wonder - I should let you know, my 23 year old daughter is an INFJ and is definitely not the bleeding heart type. She cares deeply about people, and has high expectations for them, which is why she has high expectations of them! Her love for others is amazing, actually, but she is not at all sentimental with it. You sound a lot like her :) I hope you will be convinced of your type and run with it, as INFJ's are amazing and the world needs more of you!

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Take that conflict and ram it down the worlds throat.
Haha! I can ressonate with that, though usually my version is, "...and punch them/it in the face". Really, it gets me in trouble (though I never follow through...mostly). :D
[MENTION=17702]KatharineML[/MENTION] Thanks for your encouraging words, I think I'm happily resigned now! The more I've read, the more I've realized that (as you've said) there are less-sensative, direct INFJ's! Thanks again, it was very sweet (and helpful) of you to share! :)

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think, that just from reading what you relate to from INFJ description is not enough to guess your type, but I am an NF type and usually subscribe to INFJs a lot and I can definetly say I see myself a lot in what you wrote, that's why I'd go with INFJ, but another possibility for you is INTJ.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought I'd dust this thread off, because I still don't know! I've narrowed it down to INFJ and INFP, but can't figure out which. I think I'm going to make a video (if that would help) but am not sure what I should talk about, or what questions I should answer? Suggestions please!

[MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION] My gut fix is 8, but I know I do have a relationship with 1 through integration (and I'm pretty healthy).

[MENTION=17504]EndlessNameless[/MENTION] Thanks, that's helpful. Why would you think INTJ would be a possibility?

Last edited:
W

WALMART

Your quote - I presume you relate?

Jung, in relation to Fi, stated the phrase "Still waters run deep" was of great applicability, but that likely does not preclude Ni.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your quote - I presume you relate?

Jung, in relation to Fi, stated the phrase "Still waters run deep" was of great applicability, but that likely does not preclude Ni.

Regarding my quote: I like that verse because of the imagery of being swept up in a strong and rushing sea-- I pretty sure it's actually intended as a lament, but I think it's beautiful.

Could you expand a bit on what you mean about Fi and Ni? As aforementioned in this thread, I'm not the most knowledgeable about MBTI.

Last edited:
W

WALMART

Regarding my quote: I like that verse because of the imagery of being swept up in a strong and rushing sea-- I pretty sure it's actually intended as a lament, but I think it's beautiful.

Could you expand a bit on what you mean about Fi and Ni? As aforementioned in this thread, I'm not the most knowledgeable about MBTI.

Yeah, I read that. I didn't wholly understand it, to be honest, until I read the entire passage. Even now, I'm still not sure its intent. But it sounds pretty, lolz.

Ni and Fi simply seem to be very similar functions. I've tried just now, and I really can't do it any justification, I'd encourage you to read for yourself - http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm. One quick example I can think of is that they are both deeply impressioned by unconscious imagery that translates itself to conscious expression very poorly.

Facilely, if I had to guess - Te is to Se, as Ti is to Si, as Fe is to Ne, as Fi is Ni. The first of each set is a rational function, the second irrational. They don't mesh together perfectly, they were written as wholly different psychological profiles for each type, but I feel there is enough correlation between the descriptions to substantiate some form of relation.

Aspie aspiring

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but you sound like an INFJ moreso than INFP--the way you've been interacting here seems more Fe than Fi.