MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    (...)
    Of course I could be totally wrong; only you can know.

Thanks for your analysis. Will definitely check out the inferior functions. Can you tell me more about how you got to P and Ne preference / what do you base these guesses on? What do we seem to share about those? Thanks again

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    Thanks for your analysis. Will definitely check out the inferior functions. Can you tell me more about how you got to P and Ne preference / what do you base these guesses on? What do we seem to share about those? Thanks again
    P because of your general speaking style- it's more meandering and speculative than most J's. The fact that you don't stick to a time table unless you have to and the fact that you change and modify your plans semi-spontaneously also says P, and it's another thing we share (along with the first). Ne because you mention liking a lot of stimuli, and Ne is about that, but mentally as opposed to physically. Se likes sensory stimulation and thrills. You like sports, but I think Si can do that too. I read somewhere that ENTP's sometimes seem to introvert in order to mentally assimilate all the information they've taken in, and it looked like what you said pointed to that.

Then again, I'm not too familiar with Se since it's not one of my preferred functions, so perhaps the mental stuff could be Ti and Ni, and you could be XSTP (although you don't seem very much like ISTP). Ne just jumped out at me. I'd have to know more to make a good guess between Ne and Se. One possible contradiction to ENTP; you said you don't try to generate ideas all the time, and ENTP's are all about that. I may have to retract my Ne guess and say XSTP...

I'm looking forward to typing you.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

ENTP is my guess. Definitely a P. Unlikely to be an F which also might make you think you are an introvert but you generally strike me as being interested in the outside world, more than the inner. Mental examination you said was fun but required effort. This is very ENTP, from what I know of my one
    ESTP, not sure if you'd even be on this site?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    ENTP is my guess. Definitely a P. Unlikely to be an F which also might make you think you are an introvert but you generally strike me as being interested in the outside world, more than the inner. Mental examination you said was fun but required effort. This is very ENTP, from what I know of my one
    Yeah, I know one who took the test and seemed somewhat interested, but I don't think he's the kind of person to get into ideas enough to be on a website dedicated to theoretical things.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Yeah, I know one who took the test and seemed somewhat interested, but I don't think he's the kind of person to get into ideas enough to be on a website dedicated to theoretical things.
    Gosh, what you said made me realise for the first time that this really is a website devoted to totally theoretical things! The thought surprised me. I realise think of these kinds of ideas and discussions as factual, simply because I believe them (at the moment) I guess ... What function am I using there (I'm new to this stuff so trying to learn)?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Gosh, what you said made me realise for the first time that this really is a website devoted to totally theoretical things! The thought surprised me. I realise think of these kinds of ideas and discussions as factual, simply because I believe them (at the moment) I guess ... What function am I using there (I'm new to this stuff so trying to learn)?
    I guess Te or Se?

Yeah, it's kind of disconcerting to think that it's all just theory- it's addictive, and the more you get into it and try to apply it to people the more real and factual it seems- but it's really about on par with astrology (imo). (Which I am also into too much...)

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I guess Te or Se?

Yeah, it's kind of disconcerting to think that it's all just theory- it's addictive, and the more you get into it and try to apply it to people the more real and factual it seems- but it's really about on par with astrology (imo). (Which I am also into too much...)
    Really? I thought Jung based all this on observation? Astrology ... tell me more about the foundations of this, I have no idea but am interested?!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Really? I thought Jung based all this on observation? Astrology ... tell me more about the foundations of this, I have no idea but am interested?!
    Well now that I think you are INTP, and you don't use either Te or Se, I'd have to retract my guesses and say...rampant Ti. It gets obsessed with theory tot he point where it seems like it is reality rather than simply illustrating it.

I guess he did; I don't know which came first, the theory or the observation. My guess is that they reinforced each other. I don't know a whole lot about Jung- just a fair amount about the typology system (because NTP's like systems).

My explanation of astrology is not relevant to the thread, and would be rather impolite to write here, so I'll PM it to you.

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

P because of your general speaking style- it's more meandering and speculative than most J's. The fact that you don't stick to a time table unless you have to and the fact that you change and modify your plans semi-spontaneously also says P, and it's another thing we share (along with the first). Ne because you mention liking a lot of stimuli, and Ne is about that, but mentally as opposed to physically. Se likes sensory stimulation and thrills. You like sports, but I think Si can do that too. I read somewhere that ENTP's sometimes seem to introvert in order to mentally assimilate all the information they've taken in, and it looked like what you said pointed to that.

Then again, I'm not too familiar with Se since it's not one of my preferred functions, so perhaps the mental stuff could be Ti and Ni, and you could be XSTP (although you don't seem very much like ISTP). Ne just jumped out at me. I'd have to know more to make a good guess between Ne and Se. One possible contradiction to ENTP; you said you don't try to generate ideas all the time, and ENTP's are all about that. I may have to retract my Ne guess and say XSTP...

I'm looking forward to typing you.
    In my original post, I didn't really make a distinction about what kind of stimuli I like. Hmm well I'd actually have a hard time choosing between the mental and the physical. They're very different but both are good. So this Ne/Se question isn't clear to me either.

Yeah I'm not terribly into the brainstorming thing. I can come up with ideas for specific goals but that's about it, not interested in it for the sake of it. Looking into ideas is interesting only if it helps me more *deeply* understand something or achieve a goal. Don't know if that has to exclude Ne or just excludes dom Ne.

When I talked about internal thinking to put something together, that sort of stuff is always about some intellectual challenge related to math/logic, requiring calculations, conclusions, solution of a problem; I don't do assimilating of information from memory on a conscious level. By default I just get the whatever information in one ear, and then it goes out the other ear... I don't ruminate on it. Though, interestingly enough I'm always able to pull up pieces of data for specific tasks if needed. It's a very context-based/related thing for me.

Do I seem too extraverted to be ISTP / dom Ti? Or is it something else?

Btw what specifically is the 15% difference between us?

Thanks for your input too.

Yeah intellectual challenge: fun because it's a challenge & requires effort or it wouldn't be a challenge. Ha.

Can you tell me more about what this ENTP friend of yours said about mental effort?

As for ESTP, I take it there's never been any ESTPs (or ESFPs) on this site then?

Umm, personally I look at some posts as talking about facts (e.g. person talking about something concrete in their life) and some as theorizing/speculation. Believing it is entirely another topic. Anyway, you could be processing the information on this site in many ways, so I wouldn't try to answer this for you based on so little data & I'm definitely not enough of an expert anyway.

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

Btw I checked out the inferior functions thingie... I see myself in some of the stuff in the threads about inf Fe, Fi, Si, Ni. Whatever that may mean, lol.

Specifically:

Inferior Fe:
    - Logic emphasized to an extreme
    - Hypersensitivity to relationships
    - Emotionalism

Inferior Fi:
    - Outbursts of emotion

Inferior Si:
    - Withdrawal and depression
    - Focus on the body

Inferior Ni:
    - Internal confusion
    - Inappropriate attribution of meaning

Really, when under stress, I don't have just one specific pattern of response. E.g. I can be withdrawn and distant, low on energy, doing nothing; or the opposite, I can be seen attacking others or act out anger, frustration, confronting the issue to solve it until exhaustion, etc. Anyway... I'm not usually stressed for long but there was one extreme period where I got into the symptoms of inferior Si and Ni as mentioned above, that was quite new to me.