• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I could really use some help typing myself please. ^_^

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello there! ^_^

So yeah, I need help finding my type. I am on another typology board as well and just as I thought I found my type I have gotten a barage of IM's telling me I am positively going about the functions incorrectly. So now I am in doubt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you need and I will happily give it. I am a complete open book, no questions are too personal.

BTW, yes I am an enneagram 9w1... I think. It is simply what I feel closest to. But others have suggested a 6w7 or 2w1. So I wouldn't rely on that bit of info.

I look forward to any assistance you can give. :bye:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay- Think of one of the toughest decisions you've ever made. What was your thought process and then final conclusion?

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, well the first thing I can think of is when I finally chose to "come-out" to my family as being pansexual. I was 28 at the time but I got tired of hiding it because I was looking for a same-sex partner at the time and I wanted to be able to finally open up to them. My mother has usually been very open-minded so was almost certain she would be ok with the news. My step-dad though is a bit harder to read.
So I decided I would guage their feelings about the subject in general by going to their home for a visit and watching the movies RENT and Better Than Chocolate. Well they both LOVED the movies and they both said they wanted to go out and purchase the movies for later viewing. I felt very good and elated about that reaction so I told them I needed to tell them something important.
Well due to the movie RENT being still fresh in their mind, they got scared, panicky and asked me if I was going to tell them I had AIDS. :shock:
Fotunately NOT.

Not the concern I expected but looking back now that does makes sense. I then opened up and told them that since the age of 16 I had known about my sexual orientation (back then, I just knew it as being bisexual). That it has been a major part of my life and I hoped they would be accepting of me.
My parents looked at each other, then at me and just laughed. They told me they had known that since the time I figured it out. They just knew that I was responsible and not take any unnecessary health risks so they just let me be.

Needless to say I was both relieved and kind of irked. I mean they were totally fine with everything but they reacted like I just pointed out the sky was blue. Kind of a let down in a way.

Anyhow, I must admit I am having trouble thinking of anything else I would consider a "tough decision". I mean I have had many challenges in my life and highly emotional times, but nothing else I would call a tough decision. Sorry if that isn't what you were looking or hoping for.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm. Maybe ENFP or ENFJ or ESFJ - you like to be unique. You are sensitive. You are expressive. You are resourceful. You are feelings oriented. You do not like conflict.
??
What have others said you were and which type do you really FEEL like most?

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm. Maybe ENFP or ENFJ or ESFJ - you like to be unique. You are sensitive. You are expressive. You are resourceful. You are feelings oriented. You do not like conflict.
??
What have others said you were and which type do you really FEEL like most?

Thank you for responding. :)

Well I have been told I am likely an ISTP or ISFP. Sometimes on cognitive and Keirsey tests (realizing they don't have the best reliability) I get anything from ENFJ, ENFP, INFJ, INTP and INFP with Kiersey. With my IM's from others who have tried to type me, I am told function-wise, Ni Se Ti Fe is for sure. :shrug:

If I may give you some more info about myself that is unsolicited, one of the things mentioned to me was that I place little to no importance on the matter of "values" or ethics. Because it does not really matter into how I live my life and world view, the idea was that Fi and/or Fe would be an inferior function for me. There are other issues but I right now am clueless. Not to say I am some kind of sociopath, but that my ethics are purely situational that I just never take into consideration whether something is absolutely right or wrong, good or evil. I see those as purely subjective words that have no absolute meaning.

I love studying religion and philosophy but am not religious. I enjoy studying weird and obscure things that are not very practical. I am in touch with my emotions and am not afraid to show them but often can appear very cold. My face tends to be very expressionless so I often get asked if something is wrong when I may be having a great day. I am an optimist in almost all things but believe that mankind will ultimately find the fastest, most efficient way to end up destroying itself and that is inevitable. Not that I WANT mankind to destroy itself and I know there are many that would happily fight to prevent it. I have hope for many people but no hope for humanity in general. As such I am often called misanthropic. But like I said, in everything else I am incredibly optimistic. I love to talk with people and act almost as a counselor. People frequently say I would be excellent at it. I am not terribly active as I am a stay-at-home parent due to epilepsy. Not severe epilepsy so I can potentially work but it has been advised that I not take the chance. Philosophically, I lean more towards a pantheist outlook bordering atheistic. I also am a Discordian if you are familiar with that. More of a joke religion with some serious philosophy hidden within.

Otherwise, I agree I am sensitive and likely feelings oriented and do not like conflict. Like to be unique? Not so sure. As for the type I feel like the most, I have much in common with ISFP, INFP, and some ISTP. I am not knowledgable enough to know which I feel like the most.

I do find it interesting you were thinking some kind of extroverted type. I often don't know if I am I or E. I know that the I/E depends where I get my energy but I am often typed as an I. If it were to be based purely on my socialization, I more often than not am indoors but that is not really by choice, as mentioned above. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Sorry if I wasn't much more help.

Edit: It has often been suggested that I likely am an INFP because people with temporal lobe epilepsy are consistently found to be INFP. However I do not have temporal lobe epilepsy. Mine is not centered in any area of the brain specifically so I would not let my epilepsy sway your opinion of my type.

Last edited:

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, using the method of "double-checking your type" in the sticky of this sub-forum, I easily come to ISTP or ISFP. However the functions are very different between the two. ISTP is Ti-Se-Ni-Fe while ISFP is Fi-Se-Ni-Te. How reliable is that method?

Also in my intro thread, [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] said he possibly had an idea as to my type. I would love to hear his input. ^_^

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi Jaidyn, well it sounds like you do actually think a lot about ethics and values, even if that has led you to believe that there is no such fixed thing, and so to have to abandon this as a secure base for your thinking, which is probably still Fi. Based on that, you are probably INFP or ENFP ... ? What does everyone else think?
Clearly all this is not an exact science as human beings are super-natural! (as you can see, I AM religious ;)

W

WALMART

lol! I love the way you decided to open up to your parents, particularly for being irked they weren't irked :p I've been in a similar boat, once upon a time... I think I can feel for them.

Well, I was thinking you were an Fe user, prior to these posts. I still don't think I was far off. I'm going to say ENFJ 9w1 sx/so, but I see you've already chosen so/sx. I suppose either works.

Ah, it's also delightful KatharineML came to the same conclusion I did, in one of her guesses.

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol! I love the way you decided to open up to your parents, particularly for being irked they weren't irked :p I've been in a similar boat, once upon a time... I think I can feel for them.

Well, I was thinking you were an Fe user, prior to these posts. I still don't think I was far off. I'm going to say ENFJ 9w1 sx/so, but I see you've already chosen so/sx. I suppose either works.

Ah, it's also delightful KatharineML came to the same conclusion I did, in one of her guesses.

Thank you for commenting [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION]! I was hoping you would. :)

May I ask what gave you the impression I was an Fe user? I am curious not because "I can't believe you would think that!", but because I am still learning about typology and curious if you could give me your impression of what an Fe user is.

Actually you know what... regarding my 9w1, I think I found a not-so-good interpretation of the sx/so variant when I decided on it. Since then I found one on another forum by a user named timeless and his sx/so description is:
This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies
obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and
assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as
with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this
subtype can neglect self-preservationist needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of
this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner
similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with
Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.
The central conflict for these Nines will still be in the realm of close intimate relationships and these Nines will have
many of the same issues and challenges as the sexual/self-pres Nines.

I feel that I can relate to most if not all of that a bit more than the so/sx.

As for ENFJ, I will look into that type as a possibility. I had never considered it. However since I did my OP, I took a temperament test and I consistently come up with NF as my primary temperament with SP as a close second. I also frequently come up with "I" in my type but I think I only live an introverted lifestyle out of necessity. I feel very extroverted and love to go out. Mind you I am no partier or anything like that. I don't like large crowds but I am very interactive with people and love to entertain and host. I just don't get to often.

I have often gotten INFP as a type for myself but while much of it seems to fit, it just doesn't seem an appropriate fit. I can't give more of a reason than that but it is just a feeling I have. I will happily do some looking into the ENFJ. Thank you again!!! :bye:

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh and [MENTION=17702]KatharineML[/MENTION], thank you for your second response. Your view on my possible Fi dominance is something I had not considered before. I am still holding off on a firm decision but your thought of INFP seems to be a very high possibility. So thank you for your input. And also, even though I am not "religious" in the typical sense of the word, I do consider myself spiritual in a way. So I completely respect you as a religious woman.
:bye:

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi Jaidyn, glad I had something to offer - I'm fairly new to this. I liked what Jontherobot said about Fe - he understands this more than me so maybe what I thought was Fi is actually Fe. You certainly could be an ENFJ from what I've read, and based on the ENFJ's I know :)

Jaidyn

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi Jaidyn, glad I had something to offer - I'm fairly new to this. I liked what Jontherobot said about Fe - he understands this more than me so maybe what I thought was Fi is actually Fe. You certainly could be an ENFJ from what I've read, and based on the ENFJ's I know :)

You know, it is interesting. I had never considered ENFJ as a possibility because in the past people had usually concluded I was an INFP because I tend to be indoors allot and don't like parties and such. But a large part of that I already explained as having nothing to do with not enjoying socializing. But as a result of that, I had just assumed I was some form of Ixxx type. But once I realized I may be an Exxx, I actually spent much of last night asking my close offline friends and family if they felt (strictly on a social level) if I was more introverted or extroverted. Out of the 11 people I asked, it was unanimous that I am extrovertedl. I only occasionaly have introverted tendencies but those are rare.

As such I did some research on the ENFP, ENFJ, and ESFJ types. Based on the functions each has, I feel I most relate to Ni, Ti, Se. Fe had always been questionable for me but only because I think in the past I have had a poor interpretation of Fe. But the way functions work afaik, if Ni is obvious, Se is a must. And while I occasionally use Te from what I have been told, even as an inferior function I far more relate to Ti. And if Fe is as obvious as jontherobot is thinking, then Ti is a must in my stacking as well. So if those are indeed my functions, that leaves me only with INFJ, ENFJ, ESTP, and ISTP. Of the four, ENFJ just screams out to me. But in the past I had discounted it simply because it was an Exxx. That had only left me with ISTP and INFJ. That may explain why others frequently concluded I was an ISTP or INFJ. But really looking at those descriptions (acknowledging that descriptions are not always accurate) the INFJ was closest IF you took away some detail. The ISTP was like me if you took away these other details.

Then looking at the temperament differences, as much as I can relate to some of the ST types, I am most certainly an NF. And finally where as with the other type descriptions, I had to take away allot of details from other types to have them match me, with ENFJ, the only thing I would say does not apply to me (I think) is that I don't see myself as particularly charismatic as many descriptions label them. Everything esle simply clicks better than any other type I have seen. Even the socionics function descriptions fit me better than the other types I found that I thought may be me.

Mind you, going by tests, only the cognitive function tests (the method I prefer compared to the simple dichotomy tests) give me ENFJ as an option along with INFJ and ISFJ. The dichotomy tests only give me INFP with no doubt about F and all others just bordering going the other way. Socionics tests have gone from EII (INFj), IEI (INFp), and LSI (ISTj).

Sorry to go on and on, but I just wanted to share why I have been having some issues nailing this down. I know the tests are NOT the most reliable way but they do indeed give a good starting point. Especially if using the cognitive function tests. Anyhow, I will shut up now. I have a tendency to go on and on. I am anxious to hear from [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] with some info he said he would work on giving me.

Squeak at ya later! :bye:

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Of the four, ENFJ just screams out to me" - great!!! I am glad you have a type that actually feels right. I hope you get to feel yourself as more charismatic now :)

Nicki

Retired
Yeah, ENFJ really seems to fit, your Ni seems well-developed