User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Hi Jaidyn, glad I had something to offer - I'm fairly new to this. I liked what Jontherobot said about Fe - he understands this more than me so maybe what I thought was Fi is actually Fe. You certainly could be an ENFJ from what I've read, and based on the ENFJ's I know

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Hi Jaidyn, glad I had something to offer - I'm fairly new to this. I liked what Jontherobot said about Fe - he understands this more than me so maybe what I thought was Fi is actually Fe. You certainly could be an ENFJ from what I've read, and based on the ENFJ's I know
    You know, it is interesting. I had never considered ENFJ as a possibility because in the past people had usually concluded I was an INFP because I tend to be indoors allot and don't like parties and such. But a large part of that I already explained as having nothing to do with not enjoying socializing. But as a result of that, I had just assumed I was some form of Ixxx type. But once I realized I may be an Exxx, I actually spent much of last night asking my close offline friends and family if they felt (strictly on a social level) if I was more introverted or extroverted. Out of the 11 people I asked, it was unanimous that I am extrovertedl. I only occasionaly have introverted tendencies but those are rare.

As such I did some research on the ENFP, ENFJ, and ESFJ types. Based on the functions each has, I feel I most relate to Ni, Ti, Se. Fe had always been questionable for me but only because I think in the past I have had a poor interpretation of Fe. But the way functions work afaik, if Ni is obvious, Se is a must. And while I occasionally use Te from what I have been told, even as an inferior function I far more relate to Ti. And if Fe is as obvious as jontherobot is thinking, then Ti is a must in my stacking as well. So if those are indeed my functions, that leaves me only with INFJ, ENFJ, ESTP, and ISTP. Of the four, ENFJ just screams out to me. But in the past I had discounted it simply because it was an Exxx. That had only left me with ISTP and INFJ. That may explain why others frequently concluded I was an ISTP or INFJ. But really looking at those descriptions (acknowledging that descriptions are not always accurate) the INFJ was closest IF you took away some detail. The ISTP was like me if you took away these other details.

Then looking at the temperament differences, as much as I can relate to some of the ST types, I am most certainly an NF. And finally where as with the other type descriptions, I had to take away allot of details from other types to have them match me, with ENFJ, the only thing I would say does not apply to me (I think) is that I don't see myself as particularly charismatic as many descriptions label them. Everything esle simply clicks better than any other type I have seen. Even the socionics function descriptions fit me better than the other types I found that I thought may be me.

Mind you, going by tests, only the cognitive function tests (the method I prefer compared to the simple dichotomy tests) give me ENFJ as an option along with INFJ and ISFJ. The dichotomy tests only give me INFP with no doubt about F and all others just bordering going the other way. Socionics tests have gone from EII (INFj), IEI (INFp), and LSI (ISTj).

Sorry to go on and on, but I just wanted to share why I have been having some issues nailing this down. I know the tests are NOT the most reliable way but they do indeed give a good starting point. Especially if using the cognitive function tests. Anyhow, I will shut up now. I have a tendency to go on and on. I am anxious to hear from @jontherobot with some info he said he would work on giving me.

Squeak at ya later!
    9w1 sx/so
    ENFP; IEE-Ne

Discordians are forged in the fires of mental instability and militant-subjectivism.
    Alcohol seems to help too.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

"Of the four, ENFJ just screams out to me" - great!!! I am glad you have a type that actually feels right. I hope you get to feel yourself as more charismatic now

Yeah, ENFJ really seems to fit, your Ni seems well-developed
    I really like cats and food.