User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: PUZZLE ME OUT!!

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Default PUZZLE ME OUT!!

Hi there - I'm a puzzle - it's the introverted/extroverted part that confuses me, but I lose touch with the whole thing sometimes when I think too hard about it - and we're all so different in different circumstances, and inside our own head also!

I want someone to ask me some questions that get inside my own head in order to drag out the essence of me - in Myers Briggs terms - hopefully someone will know what I mean??!

Questions please

Big thanks!

I'm assuming that you know your N/S, T/F and P/J preference? Are you able to post it? In MBTI terms you can determine whether you are I or E by determining which of your two cognitive functions is used more dominantly than the other.

Thanks.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Hi Standuble - ummm, yes, I think I know I am an N and an F. P or J is more difficult - I love routines (they are the only way I get anything done!) and finishing things is satisfying, though I do get excited about new things or streams of thought/ideas.
    Does that help?

Infinite Bubble

It is really more about your cognitive functions rather than the dichotomies that are merely used as shorthand. For example, someone may be a Judger but is messy and doesn't follow a routine etc. This works vice-versa with Perceivers as well.

A quick method to decide whether your intro/extroverted is to ask yourself if you replenish your energy by being with others or by yourself.

If you're an N, then being excited about new things/ideas would, at least on the surface, be somewhat in line with Ne.

Have you taken this test before? http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Hi Infinite Bubble Umm, yes, I've done that test I think. I come up high on lots of things so it's confusing. I can't remember exactly now, sorry. I think I'm definitely Ne rather than Ni, as predominantly Ni people are quite serious, it seems, and I am a bit, sort of sillier. Though I am not like an ENFP, I know so many of them, and they are far more verbally clever and popular/crazy than I am. Everyone likes me and I"m sociable and fun, but I'm not fun fun fun like ENFP's are. Do you know what I mean?
    I have no idea how I am energised, to be honest. I can be energised by a marvelous thought, which can come from a conversation with a person, or something I have read, or my own musings and putting things together. It is neither with or without people, I don't think. I don't initiate social occasions, but I do enjoy them and 'light up' around people. I also love being on my own and having time to think and let things come together, or to explore something or somewhere. These times alone, wihtout anyone to be responsible for, do make me feel slightly high and excited, so I guess that's energising?
    What do you think?
    When I did my first test, during a very demanding period of my life, I came up ESTJ!! Then, later, I came up ENFJ. But I'm pretty sure I'm neither of these.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

You are in the desert and there is a box. Describe the box
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

WALMART

When thinking, do you have fair reign over your thoughts, or are you often a runaway train?

How do you most frequently solve problems that arise?

What about the world troubles you most?

What is your interest in typology?

A lull falls on the group. How do you react?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Gosh, I am in a desert and there is a box. It is just an ordinary box. Yet just it's being there is magical ...

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

When thinking, do you have fair reign over your thoughts, or are you often a runaway train? Inbetween.

How do you most frequently solve problems that arise? Think about them at length - run them through everything I already know, base things I believe etc. see how they fit/don't fit. Decide what action fits best with what is most right.

What about the world troubles you most? Gosh. Well, troubles are okay, what troubles me is when people pretend there are no troubles, or that the troubles are meaningless.

What is your interest in typology? I like people and understanding them.

A lull falls on the group. How do you react? I think, gosh, what's going on here, it is a chance to get deeper. I may speak, I may not.

Infinite Bubble

You may be an INFP, if you are sure of being a N. It would also make sense that you have a lot of ENFP friends. As for introversion or extroversion, obviously people aren't entirely one or the other, but I think introversion for you:

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    I don't initiate social occasions
    These times alone, wihtout anyone to be responsible for, do make me feel slightly high and excited
    These are just first thoughts, not exactly conclusive, but at least gives us an idea of which direction we're going in. You're probably quite close to the borderline of I/E.

I know so many of them, and they are far more verbally clever and popular/crazy than I am. Everyone likes me and I"m sociable and fun, but I'm not fun fun fun like ENFP's are. Do you know what I mean?
    It could be possible that this is because of their dom-Ne, whereas if you're an INFP, Ne would only be auxiliary.

during a very demanding period of my life, I came up ESTJ
    If you were considerably stressed, you may have been using your weaker functions, and the shadow of an INFP is a negative version of an ESTJ.

How certain are you of being an N and F?