• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

zoning in- infp or isfp?

Darth psychosis

MBTI Type
Ixfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello, so after many varying mbti results, and plenty of headache inducing pondering, I think I've narrowed my type two one of these two, I'm having some trouble deciding, and would appreciate any advice you guys want to throw at me. Ok heres a few random thoughts I hope can help shed some light, btw, I'm 32 and suffer from social anxiety and depression.
As a child I was quite imaginative, I was always creating imaginary worlds to live in, I used to become lost in these world quite easily, often oblivious to the external world.
I've always had high levels of empathy, I can usually sum up a persons mood just by looking at them
I wouldn't say I'm overly intelligent, more so I'm smart enough to know that I'm not that smart, yet not dumb enough to be ignorant
I have an underlying inferiority complex, I'm always worried about not appearing smart enough or funny enough in social settings
Have been known to overlook small details and cut small corners in order to get the job done.
I have hunches and usually trust them, A while back after some serious introspection I began questioning these hunches, as a result they seem to be less accurate lately
I'm artistically inclined, and have an extremely strong attraction to surrealistic art
I would describe the neatness of my house as controlled chaos, messy but not sloth
Can be very selfish,
Have an intense anger that can erupt when pushed too far, this is usually followed by a felling of guilt proportional to the anger.
Now a completely weird random thought, On my commute to work today, I noticed a chain link fence over in the distance that stretched the entire length of the highway, after observing the fence, I assumed this was built to stop wildlife from wandering into the path of oncoming traffic, I continued thinking, yeah it reminds me of most security fences used in industrial areas, I then began to think about how long it was and how much hard work it would have been to build, even further thinking about the people who built it and if they were worried their work would go mostly unnoticed.
Would you say this is a more Ne, Se or Si way of observing ?.

KDude

Now a completely weird random thought, On my commute to work today, I noticed a chain link fence over in the distance that stretched the entire length of the highway, after observing the fence, I assumed this was built to stop wildlife from wandering into the path of oncoming traffic, I continued thinking, yeah it reminds me of most security fences used in industrial areas, I then began to think about how long it was and how much hard work it would have been to build, even further thinking about the people who built it and if they were worried their work would go mostly unnoticed.
Would you say this is a more Ne, Se or Si way of observing ?.

Sounds more like Ne to me. You took one observation and extrapolated more possibilities from it. A whole narrative really. Soon enough, you'll write a novella about some small town fence worker whose work goes unnoticed. ;)

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm I'm like that too and I don't think I use Ne... :S

Darth psychosis

MBTI Type
Ixfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol yeah, just one example on how I'm always getting lost in thoughts and need to constantly pull myself back to the here and now. Seems the more I'm learning about mbti the harder it is to type myself.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you have social anxiety, you could also consider ENFP as an option. SA can put a damper on your self perception as an Extrovert.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm...I would probably notice the fence on a drive, and wonder what's its purpose was, but certainly wouldn't go into that much thought about it. :huh: My Se drives others crazy. If I see a deer, squirrel, raccoon, etc. when driving it's highly likely that I'll yell out "Oh, look, that squirrel is digging like crazy to find a nut!" Yeah... I'm that annoying person. ;)

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^yeah.

Thing is, I tend to notice the most weird and ridiculously superfluous detail yet can be oblivious to some most important details...

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^yeah.

Thing is, I tend to notice the most weird and ridiculously superfluous detail yet can be oblivious to some most important details...

Ditto. I'd be able to find that damn needle in a haystack no problem. :newwink:

Darth psychosis

MBTI Type
Ixfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I can range from picking up most little details or be so absorbed in my head that I won't notice anything, Was more thinking, of how the fence reminded me of other fences that are used as a security measure , which then led me to assume this fence was also serving as a security measure. I've never considered being an extrovert, social anxiety has just become a part of who i an

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I can range from picking up most little details or be so absorbed in my head that I won't notice anything, Was more thinking, of how the fence reminded me of other fences that are used as a security measure , which then led me to assume this fence was also serving as a security measure. I've never considered being an extrovert, social anxiety has just become a part of who i an

Just hang around and watch and learn more about yourself. Learning about cognitive functions would be very helpful.

Extroverison doesn't work like that. I've had been depressed and had social anxiety since I was a teen up until a few years ago. I was convinced I was an INTP, and I easily convinced others. But it didn't change the fact that I had all the processes and needs of an unhealthy ENFP.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds more Ne than Se.

Darth psychosis

MBTI Type
Ixfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cheers thanks for the input, hmmm so I will need to investigate unhealthy type behaviour also. So far considering healthy types im thinking I'm an isfp who wants to be infp, either that or my ne is under developed or so automated i don't realise in using it. I've tried several online function tests and most results were infp, though they seem quite transparent and easy to manipulate once you know what your doing

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cheers thanks for the input, hmmm so I will need to investigate unhealthy type behaviour also. So far considering healthy types im thinking I'm an isfp who wants to be infp, either that or my ne is under developed or so automated i don't realise in using it. I've tried several online function tests and most results were infp, though they seem quite transparent and easy to manipulate once you know what your doing

I read all the descriptions and went from there. I went through the "is it INFP or ISFP" phase as well. Ultimately, I felt I could really see myself in more of the ISFP descriptions than in the INFP descriptions.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you have social anxiety, you could also consider ENFP as an option. SA can put a damper on your self perception as an Extrovert.

I think this could be true - you could be ENFP. That observation you made sounds very extraverted to me. An infp would probably not notice what is going on outside the car at all, or very little.

Also saying you can 'sum people up just by looking at them' - that is VERY Ne, ENFP and ENTP mostly.

Also ENFP's are very very sensitive and imaginative. More liable to being affected by others than infp's, actually, even though Infp's may appear more vulnerable, they are more stable in their values. (NB. I think I am an infp and I have lots of enfp friends)

I doubt you are isfp ... too imaginative.

Does this help? What do you think? :)