First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    6-ish "bullshit detector"

Also sounds 6-ish skepticism.

If you were a core 6 you'd definitely be a phobic 6 rather than counter-phobic: it sounds like you would hang back until it was reasonable to jump in.

However "playing devil's advocate" is a catch-phrase for type 6.

Based on all of this, along with the OP post (which sounded very, very 9ish) I would say that 9 or 6 are both worth looking into, though the 9-6 connection is clear. It's possible you're a 9 with a strong line to 6 or a 6 fix; I know that I mistyped at 5 for a long time, and I'm an 8 with a 5 fix but also a pervasive line to 5. The power of those connecting lines is often underestimated, I think.

Interesting, I've never considered 6. I will look into it and see if I can relate to any of it. That would match @flatlander 's 9-6-3 triad.

Nice! What would the novel be like??
    Definitely sometime of mystery novel... I used to think it would be murder/mystery type... But anymore I'm becoming more and more interested in angels/demons types of things... So maybe something more along those lines.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Interesting, I've never considered 6. I will look into it and see if I can relate to any of it. That would match @flatlander 's 9-6-3 triad.
    Yeah, I think he was right about that. It does seem to be the right triad.

I'm curious - which enneagram books have you read? I've found the most helpful one so far to be Naranjo's "Character and Neurosis" though , regardless of what type you are, it's painful. That author does not spare *anyone.* But what he does is to associate each enneagram type with a really bad mental illness to show what it sort of "degenerates" to and what underlies it. Scary, but I think it helps with a lot of insights about one's deepest potentials, and can really help for not only finding your type, but for growth, if you're up for it.

Also, Maitri's "Passions and Virtues" is a good read.. and a lot lighter and easier to deal with emotionally.

Definitely sometime of mystery novel... I used to think it would be murder/mystery type... But anymore I'm becoming more and more interested in angels/demons types of things... So maybe something more along those lines.
    Aw wow! Sounds exciting.. good luck =,)

I have another question: Would you consider yourself reactive?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Yeah, I think he was right about that. It does seem to be the right triad.

I'm curious - which enneagram books have you read? I've found the most helpful one so far to be Naranjo's "Character and Neurosis" though , regardless of what type you are, it's painful. That author does not spare *anyone.* But what he does is to associate each enneagram type with a really bad mental illness to show what it sort of "degenerates" to and what underlies it. Scary, but I think it helps with a lot of insights about one's deepest potentials, and can really help for not only finding your type, but for growth, if you're up for it.

Also, Maitri's "Passions and Virtues" is a good read.. and a lot lighter and easier to deal with emotionally.
    I've only read one... And I'd have to dig around on my Kindle to figure out which one it was... It was all right, but lacked depth and details in some of the descriptions. I liked that it listed certain famous people's types and I was able to see if I could relate to any of them or not. I'll have to see if I can find Naranjo's "Character and Neurosis."

Reading around on the Type 6, I can definitely relate to that one now that I have read up on it a little more. I am often told that I'm the most loyal friend anyone's ever had... So there's that.

I have another question: Would you consider yourself reactive?
    I can be. It really depends on what it relates to. My husband can be pretty oblivious to what our toddler is up to when he's "watching" her... And if I come back in the room to find that she's dumped a glass of milk or whatever on the floor or she's standing on a table and all he's doing is watching TV totally unaware of the surrounding situation I am very reactive. However, if someone says something to get a rise out of me or for shock value I typically don't react at all. So, I guess it depends on where it falls in my value system.