User Tag List

First 678910 Last

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I just started to get really annoyed and impatient due to your lack of cognitive focus. It's really frustrating and you would definitely not be this scatter-minded if you were a Ji dominant type.
    Couldn't that be ADHD speaking for itself? I suffer from a substantial case of that....
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Couldn't that be ADHD speaking for itself? I suffer from a substantial case of that....
    No. It's Ne, not ADHD.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Infinite Bubble

Just something else to think about: this thread is already 8 pages long, and it appears that you are still keeping your options open. Indicative of Ne. If it wasn't that high, you probably would have come to your own decision about it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Just something else to think about: this thread is already 8 pages long, and it appears that you are still keeping your options open. Indicative of Ne. If it wasn't that high, you probably would have come to your own decision about it by now.
    Well, like I mentioned before, since there's so much info about typology out there it can get really confusing. The more I think about it though, based on the research I do, I think that will help determine my type, rather than a select number of people in agreeance that I am a certain type. I just wanted some other perspectives from different people, to help guide me in a certain direction.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, like I mentioned before, since there's so much info about typology out there it can get really confusing. The more I think about it though, based on the research I do, I think that will help determine my type, rather than a select number of people in agreeance that I am a certain type. I just wanted some other perspectives from different people, to help guide me in a certain direction.
    This perspective is immature Ne dom in a nutshell. A Ji dom would have decided what to think by now. And you honestly expect people to all agree? That won't happen. Which is why a Ji type would have decided whose analysis and perspective to trust by now and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    This perspective is immature Ne dom in a nutshell. A Ji dom would have decided what to think by now. And you honestly expect people to all agree? That won't happen. Which is why a Ji type would have decided whose analysis and perspective to trust by now and stick with it.
    Lol no, I didn't expect everyone to agree. Basically I felt I wasn't very knowledgeable in terms of MBTI/jungian tyoplogy, and I'll admit, being preoccupied with other things, I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like doing more research, so I turned to the external world for analysis. Other perspectives would guide me in another, or multiple directions, and I would dig deep into them by doing research on my own, pertaining to those estimates (seeing if they resonated with me) take out what seems irrelevant to me, and possibly come up with a conclusion afterwards. I was trusting of your variant analysis: I agreed that sp is probably last. 5w6 makes sense, albeit I'm not totally sure. I took your estimate of having an extroverted dominant function as plausible, so I changed my MBTI code to xNxP. But I don't want to be trusting of only your analysis and just go with it, and call myself an ENFP and be done with it. That's too narrow minded, which can lead to potentially inaccurate assumptions or conclusions. I wanted to consult other members because there's that possibility they could have other perspectives that could be onto something as well, something that makes more sense.
    Keep in mind: MBTI/Jung is still new to me, so it's harder to make conclusions based on this data, and it is good to be open minded about things like this since you can't really EVER be so sure, since it's all one big theory. We'll NEVER be 100% sure about our type, just have a really good idea, in other words, we make good guesses.
    I also wanted to mention, that in the past, I was usually pretty sure about my judgements (and I usually came to them on my own, even if I consulted the external world for output, and the latter was if I wasn't sure), which led to people thinking I was "close minded" sometimes....but now, I'm becoming more open minded about things, especially about things that are new to me.....couldn't this be a sign of the aux really developing? I also mentioned I could have been in a possible loop (if you buy into that theory) in the past so that only would hinder things. Also, if the loop hypothesis is indeed correct (or plausible) then that would assume my dominant function has an introverted attitude, since I mostly focused on internal judgements and perception during those few years.

Oh, and from what I know...even a Ji dom with strong Ne would have trouble coming up with a conclusion, since Ne would add more fuel to the fire (keep throwing Ji more data), it might come up with conclusions along the way (which is what I actually have done related to MBTI, I thought I was INTP, INFJ and even ISTP for a while, short periods of time, on and off, within the first month I was into this stuff), but Ne would find new possibilities, leaving Ji to discern them all? Isn't this how a healthy Ji-Ne relationship goes?

Or am I misunderstood?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The loop you are referring to is SiJi. It makes yout thinking very introverted and schizoid according to the theory. I don't see you doing that. And being close-minded has nothing to do with Ne.

By the way, I've never been as flighty with my self typings. They habevall been correct or close to correct and I don't change unless I'm absolutely sure the data cannot be interpreted otherwise.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Oh, and from what I know...even a Ji dom with strong Ne would have trouble coming up with a conclusion, since Ne would add more fuel to the fire (keep throwing Ji more data), it might come up with conclusions along the way (which is what I actually have done related to MBTI, I thought I was INTP, INFJ and even ISTP for a while, short periods of time, on and off, within the first month I was into this stuff), but Ne would find new possibilities, leaving Ji to discern them all? Isn't this how a healthy Ji-Ne relationship goes?

Or am I misunderstood?
    My Ne scores are significantly higher than Ji, yet even I would have come to a conclusion by now. I can be overwhelmed by possibilities, too, but at this point I'd have settled with what best aligned with my subjective experience. I didn't type myself by weighing all the different possibilities as much as I trusted my instincts.

and what you're describing sounds much more like Ne -- > Ji to me, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    My Ne scores are significantly higher than Ji, yet even I would have come to a conclusion by now. I can be overwhelmed by possibilities, too, but at this point I'd have settled with what best aligned with my subjective experience. I didn't type myself by weighing all the different possibilities as much as I trusted my instincts.

and what you're describing sounds much more like Ne -- > Ji to me, not the other way around.
    So what do you think Ji-->Ne would be like?