User Tag List

First 123412 Last

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

I also forgot to mention that when I was a kid, I was into weather - even obsessed with it at a time. I don't precisely remember how I got into it, but I was flipping through cable channels (because I was fascinated by how many different kinds of channels they were and what content they contained) and then I bumped into the weather channel. There was a blizzard watch or some sort of winter weather alert, and I saw on the Local on the 8s there was a "current conditions" weather icon. I was fascinated by the certain types of icons there were. So I wanted to experience all of the icons that could show up on the current conditions segment. This evolved into a strong interest in storms, and other weather conditions (but mainly storms) and I would go outside in my backyard whenever there was a flood, snowstorm, windy day, etc. and just experience the conditions full force (this was one of the things that made me consider being an ISTP, but then again, I was on adderall 30mg pretty consistently at the time, and that amps up your senses from what I've heard, so...). I was fascinated by maps, and map layouts as well (like the contrast of how an area could only get 5 inches of snow while 60 miles northeast more than a foot could fall, or whatever) so I would create my own fantasy weather events and make predictions and map layouts based on them. I would go into my backyard and pretend gardens, shrubs, and weeds were cities, towns, and urban areas - and spray water from a hose pretending a hurricane or tornado was inflicting damage onto them, then investigate the damage afterwards. I wanted to be a storm chaser and meteorologist on and off, before I realized it wasn't the best job opportunity, for many reasons. My interest kind of faded after that, although the passion may be still deep inside me I suspect.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    I also forgot to mention that when I was a kid, I was into weather - even obsessed with it at a time. I don't precisely remember how I got into it, but I was flipping through cable channels (because I was fascinated by how many different kinds of channels they were and what content they contained) and then I bumped into the weather channel. There was a blizzard watch or some sort of winter weather alert, and I saw on the Local on the 8s there was a "current conditions" weather icon. I was fascinated by the certain types of icons there were. So I wanted to experience all of the icons that could show up on the current conditions segment. This evolved into a strong interest in storms, and other weather conditions (but mainly storms) and I would go outside in my backyard whenever there was a flood, snowstorm, windy day, etc. and just experience the conditions full force (this was one of the things that made me consider being an ISTP, but then again, I was on adderall 30mg pretty consistently at the time, and that amps up your senses from what I've heard, so...). I was fascinated by maps, and map layouts as well (like the contrast of how an area could only get 5 inches of snow while 60 miles northeast more than a foot could fall, or whatever) so I would create my own fantasy weather events and make predictions and map layouts based on them. I would go into my backyard and pretend gardens, shrubs, and weeds were cities, towns, and urban areas - and spray water from a hose pretending a hurricane or tornado was inflicting damage onto them, then investigate the damage afterwards. I wanted to be a storm chaser and meteorologist on and off, before I realized it wasn't the best job opportunity, for many reasons. My interest kind of faded after that, although the passion may be still deep inside me I suspect.
    I see the INxJ now (particularly INTJ), though IxTP seems likely too. I'd definitely rule out IxFP.

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I see the INxJ now (particularly INTJ), though IxTP seems likely too. I'd definitely rule out IxFP.
    So if you are leaning towards INxJ, why in particular are you leaning towards that?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This is very Ne, and I'd say Dom because you felt this as a kid. You exhibit decent Se interest as well in this post. I find that dominant perceivers are usually good at both perceiving functions of the same attitude, i.e. Ne/Se.

You sound entp to me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    This is very Ne, and I'd say Dom because you felt this as a kid. You exhibit decent Se interest as well in this post. I find that dominant perceivers are usually good at both perceiving functions of the same attitude, i.e. Ne/Se.

You sound entp to me.
    Ne is only my auxiliary function, but I have many strong Ne-based childhood memories...

@louiesgonnadie - I give up on trying to type you, sorry. I'm leaning towards INTP now, but I don't think I can adequately back that up.

Here are a few articles that might help (especially the 2nd one):

http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...-and-intuition
    http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...function-axes/
    http://www.celebritytypes.com/wordpr...nt_spinoza.png

@decrescendo, thanks for your effort in attempting to type me!

I actually forgot; I posted a video of myself, describing some of my viewpoints. I felt it would be a more accurate depiction of myself.

Hopefully this will make it easier for some of you.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

A nagging part of me is really thirsty for love. It could be just out of curiosity since I've never experienced it before, and my possible intuition tells me it's a really great experience.
    Hey, I just wanted to say, OF COURSE you are thirsty for love - this is so good and normal and I hope and pray you will find it Not just the feeling, but the lifelong somebody interested in you, and with you. The whole thing.
    As regards your personality, you are definitely INTP.
    Actually, I relate to your feeling that maybe you have made yourself into an INTP by wanting to be one - I've worried about that myself ... maybe it's an INTP trait (I come up INTP according to the cognitive processes test also, though am still unsure ... )
    What do you honestly think? Are there any other types you relate to?
    Another question: If you were totally free and had no social anxiety, what would you be like - describe this!

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to say, OF COURSE you are thirsty for love - this is so good and normal and I hope and pray you will find it Not just the feeling, but the lifelong somebody interested in you, and with you. The whole thing.
    As regards your personality, you are definitely INTP.
    Actually, I relate to your feeling that maybe you have made yourself into an INTP by wanting to be one - I've worried about that myself ... maybe it's an INTP trait (I come up INTP according to the cognitive processes test also, though am still unsure ... )
    What do you honestly think? Are there any other types you relate to?
    Another question: If you were totally free and had no social anxiety, what would you be like - describe this!
    In a way, I have been fascinated by INTPs (especially when I first got into this stuff) so I would be happy if I found out I was one, but I'm not trying to imitate one - although it's helped me realize some possible things about myself (if I am an INTP) and now I'm more aware of them. I'm more aware of likely being Ti-dom/inferior Fe. So maybe that has caused me to act like an INTP more as of late? Maybe subconsciously I am taking on more INTP traits?

Other types I can relate to are ISTP and INxJ. I was considering IxFP too, but the more I think about it, I probably don't have dominant Fi - from what I've observed, the preference (or first thought process) is how user would feel about it, rather than how it makes sense to them logically. Not saying any Fi-doms look at things pertaining to the latter - I'm betting many do, thanks to their inferior Te - just not at an impersonal level, logically speaking - and their first preference is Fi-based. I judge things based on how they make sense to me, either logically or subjectively (subjective logic?) - this definitely occurs when I have hoarded enough information on something to understand how it works, or what the general consensus is of that information, which spawns internal judgements. In other words, I will go by the book, but if I notice something different or an inconsistency, I'll take a more subjective stance on it. I'm betting this is a commonality of at least auxiliary Ti, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as SA goes: everyone will have some of it to an extent- especially as a teenager, but not at the level as I do. And my SA isn't even that bad, it's gotten progressively better and it looks like that trend is continuing. But if I didn't have much of SA, I'd probably be more social - but since I'm annoyed by most people my age (late adolescent) I'd probably only really approach people that I admire. Sometimes I don't have much to talk about, or interesting things to say (in other words, things that I think people would find interesting) so that's why I sometimes tend to stay reserved.

I have some questions for you: what made you think I was INTP, and how much do you know about the functions? Just out of curiosity, haha. Thanks for wishing me the best in terms of love life.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

In a way, I have been fascinated by INTPs (especially when I first got into this stuff) so I would be happy if I found out I was one, but I'm not trying to imitate one - although it's helped me realize some possible things about myself (if I am an INTP) and now I'm more aware of them. I'm more aware of likely being Ti-dom/inferior Fe. So maybe that has caused me to act like an INTP more as of late? Maybe subconsciously I am taking on more INTP traits?

Other types I can relate to are ISTP and INxJ. I was considering IxFP too, but the more I think about it, I probably don't have dominant Fi - from what I've observed, the preference (or first thought process) is how user would feel about it, rather than how it makes sense to them logically. Not saying any Fi-doms look at things pertaining to the latter - I'm betting many do, thanks to their inferior Te - just not at an impersonal level. I judge things based on how they make sense to me, either logically or subjectively (subjective logic?) - this definitely occurs when I have hoarded enough information on something to understand how it works, or what the general consensus is of that information, which spawns internal judgements. In other words, I will go by the book, but if I notice something different or an inconsistency, I'll take a more subjective stance on it. I'm betting this is at least auxiliary Ti, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as SA goes: everyone will have some of it to an extent- especially as a teenager, but not at the level as I do. And my SA isn't even that bad, it's gotten progressively better and it looks like that trend is continuing. But if I didn't have much of SA, I'd probably be more social - but since I'm annoyed by most people my age (late adolescent) I'd probably only really approach people that I admire. Sometimes I don't have much to talk about, or interesting things to say (in other words, things that I think people would find interesting) so that's why I sometimes tend to stay reserved.

I have some questions for you: what made you think I was INTP, and how much do you know about the functions? Just out of curiosity, haha. Thanks for wishing me the best in terms of love life.
    Well, to answer your question, I know as much as I have read about the functions - internet stuff. Plus I am quite old (44!) and experienced with life and people I watched your video and liked you a lot but it didn't really help with regard to your type. I don't think you are INTJ or INFJ though, these types come across quite differently to you, more certain. Your passion indicates a possible F but I would say, for you, it is between INTP, ISTP and INFP.
    Personally I find Fi quite hard to define and 'see'. It surely looks a lot like Ti to the user? And I don't think it's based on feelings so much as value based criteria for rightness (as a pose to logics/observational criteria for rightness). In the end, it seems to me as though Fi leans more towards analysing moral and people dilemma's, and Ti leans more towards technical or scientific dilemma's.
    Is this helping?
    Maybe you should ask me questions about the functions as far as I've observed them and you can see if you fit them or not ...

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Well, to answer your question, I know as much as I have read about the functions - internet stuff. Plus I am quite old (44!) and experienced with life and people I watched your video and liked you a lot but it didn't really help with regard to your type. I don't think you are INTJ or INFJ though, these types come across quite differently to you, more certain. Your passion indicates a possible F but I would say, for you, it is between INTP, ISTP and INFP.
    Personally I find Fi quite hard to define and 'see'. It surely looks a lot like Ti to the user? And I don't think it's based on feelings so much as value based criteria for rightness (as a pose to logics/observational criteria for rightness). In the end, it seems to me as though Fi leans more towards analysing moral and people dilemma's, and Ti leans more towards technical or scientific dilemma's.
    Is this helping?
    Maybe you should ask me questions about the functions as far as I've observed them and you can see if you fit them or not ...
    I've read that it is sometimes a misconception that Fi is fixed on morals - I think the premise leans towards morals but a more subjective ideal, and creates morals (just like Ti seems to create logic) which makes sense since it is a Ji function. Definitely agree that Ti looks at things from a technical standpoint. So, Fi - subjective morals/ideals; Ti - subjective logic/technical? And this is based on judging external data.

I have passion but sometimes apathy destroys it. Going back to the love topic - I think having someone I love deeply would inspire me to be a better and more interesting person, not just for her but for me as well, plus this will make me feel like I am actually worth something. I could do this even without a partner in my life, but the passion would be fueled knowing someone I deeply admire loves me, and believes in me, which would breed confidence.