User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I see now how I missed it. You quoted "feeling strongly" when the actual quote was "feel strongly."

That entire section of the OP shows how he interprets or interpreted functions. I didn't find anything useful in determining type from that.
    So, based on the functions, what would you say your type could be? Of course, the more you know about them the more accurate your estimate is, although this isn't always the case. I also recall you saying this in a previous post in regards to the functions: I could have a stronger Ti than you. What makes you think that?
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    So, based on the functions, what would you say your type could be? Of course, the more you know about them the more accurate your estimate is, although this isn't always the case. I also recall you saying this in a previous post in regards to the functions: I could have a stronger Ti than you. What makes you think that?
    I should not have used function talk when I wrote that. Instead, I should say that you're more introverted than me.

My function test score, translated into MBTI, commonly comes out as INTP, ENTP, ISTJ. Sometimes it comes out as INTP, ENTP, INFP.

Yours came out as Ni and Ti. And since I'm really not that lazy, unless I want to be, I put your function test result in numerical order.
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.6)
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.6)
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.5)
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.8)
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.4)
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.7)
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.5)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.5)

Your atypical result points to a mixed type, something like INFJ/INTP, not necessarily in that order. But the low Se score is indicative of the inferior function, which points to Ni as your dominant function.

A score like that is a terrible indicator of MBTI type. However, I can say with certainty that you are far more introverted than I am. I would like to see how you score on a straight J/P scale, also on F/T.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I should not have used function talk when I wrote that. Instead, I should say that you're more introverted than me.

My function test score, translated into MBTI, commonly comes out as INTP, ENTP, ISTJ. Sometimes it comes out as INTP, ENTP, INFP.

Yours came out as Ni and Ti. And since I'm really not that lazy, unless I want to be, I put your function test result in numerical order.
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.6)
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.6)
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.5)
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.8)
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.4)
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.7)
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.5)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.5)

Your atypical result points to a mixed type, something like INFJ/INTP, not necessarily in that order. But the low Se score is indicative of the inferior function, which points to Ni as your dominant function.

A score like that is a terrible indicator of MBTI type. However, I can say with certainty that you are far more introverted than I am. I would like to see how you score on a straight J/P scale, also on F/T.
    Well, I personally think the tests really don't mean shit, since it is a set of questions linked to certain results, which gets vague. You can tell since the humanmetrics test, and some others can bounce around from, say, 1% to 10 or 12% on certain dichotomies based on only one difference in a certain question. But, I usually get 60% introversion, 30-50% intuition, 1% thinking (sometimes I come out as F), and 12-20% perceiving (sometimes get 1-12% J) when I took the tests. In other words, I usually come out as INxx. I consistently test as INTP when I take other tests. But it doesn't matter.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, I personally think the tests really don't mean shit, since it is a set of questions linked to certain results, which gets vague. You can tell since the humanmetrics test, and some others can bounce around from, say, 1% to 10 or 12% on certain dichotomies based on only one difference in a certain question. But, I usually get 60% introversion, 30-50% intuition, 1% thinking (sometimes I come out as F), and 12-20% perceiving (sometimes get 1-12% J) when I took the tests. In other words, I usually come out as INxx. I consistently test as INTP when I take other tests. But it doesn't matter.
    Then why do you take so many tests, if they are shit? And why ask me to analyze the results, and give you the results on my testing?

At any rate, you totally communicate like an INTP, at least in the forum. You use all the key words associated with the INTP type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Then why do you take so many tests, if they are shit? And why ask me to analyze the results, and give you the results on my testing?

At any rate, you totally communicate like an INTP, at least in the forum. You use all the key words associated with the INTP type.
    I used to take them a lot, before I really got interested in Jungian typology. And you were wondering what my results were, in terms of J/P and T/F, so I responded.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

That's an existentialist statement. Existentialists are mostly INTP or INFP types.
    I'm sorry but wait... what? This doesn't make a lot of sense at all. I don't think an interest in existentialism has anything to do with cognitive function preference.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Poimandres why 5w4? I don't see much focus on identity or authenticity from the OP that would warrant the 4 wing typing. He seems rather flexible regarding his type for example. Now for instance compare to if someone told me I'm an ISTJ based on how I answered a questionnaire. I'd be "just lolno" right away. Why? Because to me identity matters because of the 4 influence. If anything, I'd argue those interests could equally just point towards the OP being an NF. Also, why sx/sp? The OP is clearly soc-oriented in my opinion. Not much sx going on there, especially not 5w4 sx/sp. I mean, I should know, I'm one after all.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Why create a 13 page thread dealing with finding a type-description that is only a few paragraphs long?
    http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

JCF is not the way to determine MBTI type. Take the MBTI to determine that, and take a functions test to determine JCF type.
    Because maybe... he doesn't have a strong preference towards judging as his dominant function?

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Because maybe... he doesn't have a strong preference towards judging as his dominant function?
    Actually, I'd say some judging dominants with strong Ne may also have a tendency to be considerably skeptical as well. Just because one may have strong Ne, I don't think this necessarily always points to Ne dominance. IMO.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Actually, I'd say some judging dominants with strong Ne may also have a tendency to be considerably skeptical as well. Just because one may have strong Ne, I don't think this necessarily always points to Ne dominance. IMO.
    I'm a Ji dominant with strong Ne but it doesn't override my preference towards judging.