User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 172

  1. #101
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    It was "Pe or Je" abbreviated.
    Sigh...

    Let's just cut to the chase. Louiesgonnadie is INTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #102
    Fair and Square Flatlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Sigh...

    Let's just cut to the chase. Louiesgonnadie is INTP.
    I'd err on the side of Ne type for him. I don't see the Ji much at all, and what I see is F-like in character. I don't see where Ti is coming into the discussion.

    On the other hand, I'll admit I might be wrong anyday, since I don't know him outside a few forum posts. Will you?
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I'd err on the side of Ne type for him. I don't see the Ji much at all, and what I see is F-like in character. I don't see where Ti is coming into the discussion.

    On the other hand, I'll admit I might be wrong anyday, since I don't know him outside a few forum posts. Will you?
    I'll consult the external world about that. After all, I'm an introvert who loves to live inside his head. So I only consult the external world out of dire necessity.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #104
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Sigh...

    Let's just cut to the chase. Louiesgonnadie is INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I'd err on the side of Ne type for him. I don't see the Ji much at all, and what I see is F-like in character. I don't see where Ti is coming into the discussion.

    On the other hand, I'll admit I might be wrong anyday, since I don't know him outside a few forum posts. Will you?
    Whoa! This thread is exploding....fascinating.

    Okay, this is where I get to be a pain in the ass, with some questions pertaining to estimates.
    @Mal+ What in particular suggests INTP for me? I know you thought there was some thinking involved in one of my statements, about consulting the external world, or whatever. Does that suggest some sort of Ti?
    @Flatlander what in particular suggests F-type characteristics? I assume you meant ENFP, although some ENTPs can be really in touch with their Fe.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  5. #105
    Fair and Square Flatlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'll consult the external world about that. After all, I'm an introvert who loves to live inside his head. So I only consult the external world out of dire necessity.
    Great, so why didn't you outright make that point in the first place?

    The problem I see with it is that I don't see the same emphasis on dire need as you apparently did. I can easily see him as a social introvert, but this venture and the material seem to point to cognitive extraversion. Also, I'd be considering 6 as another enneagram core possibility based on some of the attitudes present in the answers to the questionnaire.
    @louiesgonnadie, I'll give my analysis in awhile. Perhaps tomorrow when I have time, I now have a few of these to do, and I sometimes change my mind as I go through things.
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

  6. #106
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Great, so why didn't you outright make that point in the first place?

    The problem I see with it is that I don't see the same emphasis on dire need as you apparently did. I can easily see him as a social introvert, but this venture and the material seem to point to cognitive extraversion. Also, I'd be considering 6 as another enneagram core possibility based on some of the attitudes present in the answers to the questionnaire.
    @louiesgonnadie, I'll give my analysis in awhile. Perhaps tomorrow when I have time, I now have a few of these to do, and I sometimes change my mind as I go through things.
    Take your time!

    PS- Regarding your signature, I don't exist either.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  7. #107
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Whoa! This thread is exploding....fascinating.
    Let's analyze this statement. You made an observation, and then judged it as....fascinating. Perceivers make observations first and judgments last. That says nothing about functions or attitudes (I/E), and that's my point. It simply tells me that you're the Perceptive type. That's one letter out of four.

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Okay, this is where I get to be a pain in the ass, with some questions pertaining to estimates.
    @Mal+ What in particular suggests INTP for me? I know you thought there was some thinking involved in one of my statements, about consulting the external world, or whatever. Does that suggest some sort of Ti?
    It doesn't suggest anything about functions to me. You use terms common to thinking types, which I emphasized with italics. And consulting the external world is not only an introverted statement (among other things), but come to think of it, as an introvert I can easily identify with it. It's just far more of an intellectual statement than I would care to make because I don't separate myself from the external world enough to say anything about "consulting" it. In function terms, I would say you're a stronger Ti than I am.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #108
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Take your time!

    PS- Regarding your signature, I don't exist either.
    That's an existentialist statement. Existentialists are mostly INTP or INFP types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #109
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It doesn't suggest anything about functions to me. You use terms common to thinking types, which I emphasized with italics. And consulting the external world is not only an introverted statement (among other things), but come to think of it, as an introvert I can easily identify with it. It's just far more of an intellectual statement than I would care to make because I don't separate myself from the external world enough to say anything about "consulting" it. In function terms, I would say you're a stronger Ti than I am.
    Wait, going by the bolded - wouldn't that make you the one who's more Ji (Ti) focused (or to simply put it, focused on "introverted attitude") than I am since that statement assumes you're in your head more, analyzing data, making judgements based on it - rather than consulting the external world for elaborations? Unless I totally misinterpreted what you just said...
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  10. #110
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Such thinking is common in certain circles in these typology forums. Je/Pi is an abstract way of referring to ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, and ENFJ types. Pe/Ji is an abstract way of referring to ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, and ENFP. But they are both wrong.

    I think making it so abstract just scares many people away from typology who actually might get into it. The situation is much simpler than this.

    A J (Judicious) type is directive. This doesn't relate to functions, but to letters only. And it encompasses more types, eight in fact, including all MBTI types that end with the letter J.

    A P (Perceptive) type is adaptive. It also encompasses eight MBTI types, all the types that end with the letter P.

    So much for the idea that Je/Pi is directive, etc.
    Those shorthands as I intended do cover eight types each and not just four. It wasn't specifically Je/Pi (dom/aux, respectively) to the exclusion of Pi/Je. Those are just collectives, and the best way to represent them is by the dichotomy that denotes them: J vs P.

    Anyway, "directive" is already commonly known to refer to an Interaction Style factor. J is directive, but necessarily, for N's only. For S's, it's a similar, parallel factor, called "structure-focus". T is vice versa. Directive for S's, structure-focused for N's. STP's are directive, while SFJ's are not.
    Both directive and structure focus are versions of the old temperament pole "task-focus". The opposite pole, informatives and motive-focused (F, P), are "people-focused".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Similar Threads

  1. Weigh in on my type! (Enneagram and MBTI welcome!)
    By DontKnowAnyGDColleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. Musings on my type
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  3. Now that I'm confident in what my type is..
    By Fluffywolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  4. New here and just want to finally figure out my type.
    By LeetoLydia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO