• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or ISFP? (Ni-Fi or Fi-Ni looping)

Nicki

Retired
C'mon people... functions =/= on the surface stereotypes like "you don't act like an ISFP". Nope, if they are a 3, then that's how they're gonna act!

I agree with you. People of the same type can behave differently depending on cognitive functions, life experiences, etc, but their minds will work fairly similar.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Note for clarification: I did not say I think you necessarily *are* an ISFP, I just said I think you *aren't* an INTJ. Is it possible that you are? Sure -- I just have difficulty seeing it.

What particular type(s) did you have in mind then for Aleda?

Can you back up your typing arguments with evidence and/or reason?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
What particular type(s) did you have in mind then for Aleda?

Can you back up your typing arguments with evidence and/or reason?

Nope. Honestly, in most cases, I get vibes about people and I go with them. They're not always right, but they are around 85% of the time.
Although INTJ seems a distinct possibility now that I consider a few things she's said.

"i still think isfp is your best bet"

"you could be an isfp 3w4 you know"

Key words here: think and could.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
About the only thing I could relate to in your first post was that you are a fan of animals, and judging from your avatar, cats. :) Personally, I say things to try and avoid getting a rise out of people... So it's hard to relate to that. Not saying all ISFPs are that way, but this one certainly is. ;) Oh, and there is no way in hell I'd write 13 70-page long term goals or plans for anything. Lord have mercy that would just set me up for some serious depression if I failed to meet one of the goals within those 70 pages. :( Not to mention...it would bore me to tears. If I'm writing 70 pages its a short fictional story. :D

Nicki

Retired
About the only thing I could relate to in your first post was that you are a fan of animals, and judging from your avatar, cats. :) Personally, I say things to try and avoid getting a rise out of people... So it's hard to relate to that. Not saying all ISFPs are that way, but this one certainly is. ;) Oh, and there is no way in hell I'd write 13 70-page long term goals or plans for anything. Lord have mercy that would just set me up for some serious depression if I failed to meet one of the goals within those 70 pages. :( Not to mention...it would bore me to tears. If I'm writing 70 pages its a short fictional story. :D

I love cats! But I love other animals too. That's what an ISFP friend of mine said too! Lol yeah, that seems more Te-ish I guess. There's no try with me when it comes to my goals. I find it incredibly fun lol. Though I find writing short stories boring. My attention span is too short for that haha.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I have heard from a little birdie that you are 14? It's kinda hard to type a 14 year old girl in general in my opinion :ninja:, but I don't think you're an ISFP. It's hard to say.

Nicki

Retired
So I have heard from a little birdie that you are 14? It's kinda hard to type a 14 year old girl in general in my opinion :ninja:, but I don't think you're an ISFP. It's hard to say.

Yup, 15 in 4 days though. Yeah, I guess it would be difficult although wouldn't my auxiliary be developing a bit? Oh okay, what do you think my dominant function is? Thanks for helping me out!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My ultimate goal in life is to become my ideal of perfection and create an impact on the world that will last at least a million years.

:rofl1:

NTJ.

If you think you're an introvert, then there you go.

INTJs are one of the only introverted types who are reasonably often found to be enneagram 3s.

I care a lot about being authentic to my myself and my morals. I don't believe in excuses ever when it comes to doing the right thing. I believe in emotional control at all times in order to do what I deem as the right thing to do. I try to push my personal feelings aside when I help others out because I usually don't care too much about people around me, I care much more about doing the right thing. I'm fine with making people angry as long as I'm true to my morals.

Not that this couldn't be true for an ISFP, but it all sounds more INTJ.

I have 13 70-page journals dedicated to long term planning and I consider myself very results-oriented. I'm also a 3w4 though. I don't really believe in living in the moment because everything adds up in the end IMO. I'm also very oblivious to anything that doesn't have to do with a goal. For example, I didn't notice my house had a dishwasher until a few months ago and I've been living here for 9 years. I also can never remember details in an environment. I'm not observant at all.

This is all uber-INTJ, and not at all ISFP.

I'm very into aesthetics and shock affect. Many times, I say something ridiculous or blunt just to impact others. I've very focused on making on making an impact, doesn't matter if it's negative or positive, the more, the better. I'm very, very into fashion. I love reading fashion history books and browsing magazines. I love creating things. I get a sense of satisfaction from creating beautiful things. When someone has that ability, I tend to really admire them. It's amazing IMO.

This all sounds very aspirational inferior Se.

I'm "very into aesthetics" as well, as some INTJs tend to be (others not).

Those who are often are developing or have developed their shadow (FiSe).

You may be "in the grip of the inferior" at the moment.

Hence your statements about being unhealthy.

And why your friend thinks you're ISFP.

See: Enantiodromia

I dislike the system and I seek to change it one day.

:laugh:

Nicki

Retired
:rofl1:

NTJ.

If you think you're an introvert, then there you go.

INTJs are one of the only introverted types who are reasonably often found to be enneagram 3s.

Not that this couldn't be true for an ISFP, but it all sounds more INTJ.

This is all uber-INTJ, and not at all ISFP.

This all sounds very aspirational inferior Se.

I'm "very into aesthetics" as well, as some INTJs tend to be (others not).

Those who are often are developing or have developed their shadow (FiSe).

You may be "in the grip of the inferior" at the moment.

Hence your statements about being unhealthy.

And why your friend thinks you're ISFP.

See: Enantiodromia

:laugh:

Thanks a lot! And yeah, I think being in the grip of my inferior would make a lot more sense. I'm pretty sure I'm an INTJ now.