123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    No.

Default Is This Guy a Sensor?

Good day, residents of Typology Central. I am most certainly sure that I am an INTP, but someone I know from another site is having difficulty determining whether he's INTP or ISTJ. He wants to be N rather badly, and he's written some good poetry, but he has very strong Si and doesn't ponder or analyze things much. He's grounded in reality, doesn't know if he has a rich inner world anymore, and is fueled by a "childish anger" at times. He wishes more to gain a general understanding of things to work with rather than a complete comprehension of them. He can be swayed by empirical evidence, skims a lot while reading, generalizes the events in fiction (and therefore has trouble finding plot holes), and feels set in his ways. The two of us have lots of similarities, including difficulty completing assignments for school, but mine stems from wanting to wait until I am ready to do or understand something and not wanting to create something bad or show my lack of understanding or ability, whereas his results more from genuine laziness and a lack of motivation to do things outside his comfort zone. He's worried that if he's ISTJ, he's doomed to working for the IRS (not necessarily, just something like that) and being "pragmatic, closed-minded, practical, literal, and physical".

Overall, he wants to know if he's an ISTJ and, if he is, whether that means he can't be a writer and how he can develop his intuition more.
    This is a better place to list my personality stuff, since I can include temperament and Enneagram Tritype.
    INTP; 5w6 1w9 2w1 So/Sx; Melancholic Phlegmatic; Neutral Good

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Majora4Prez View Post
    Good day, residents of Typology Central. I am most certainly sure that I am an INTP, but someone I know from another site is having difficulty determining whether he's INTP or ISTJ. He wants to be N rather badly, and he's written some good poetry, but he has very strong Si and doesn't ponder or analyze things much. He's grounded in reality, doesn't know if he has a rich inner world anymore, and is fueled by a "childish anger" at times. He wishes more to gain a general understanding of things to work with rather than a complete comprehension of them. He's easily swayed by empirical evidence, skims a lot while reading, generalizes the events in fiction (and therefore has trouble finding plot holes), and feels set in his ways. The two of us have lots of similarities, including difficulty completing assignments for school, but mine stems from wanting to wait until I am ready to do or understand something and not wanting to create something bad or show my lack of understanding or ability, whereas his results more from genuine laziness and a lack of motivation to do things outside his comfort zone. He's worried that if he's ISTJ, he's doomed to working for the IRS and being "pragmatic, closed-minded, practical, literal, and physical".

Overall, he wants to know if he's an ISTJ and, if he is, whether that means he can't be a writer and how he can develop his intuition more.
    I lost you at "childish anger"....

and at the entire post, ....
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    No.

Do you mean to say you don't understand the situation at all, or that my writing style is far too confusing for you? I'm not very skilled at writing things like this.
    This is a better place to list my personality stuff, since I can include temperament and Enneagram Tritype.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Majora4Prez View Post
    Do you mean to say you don't understand the situation at all, or that my writing style is far too confusing for you? I'm not very skilled at writing things like this.
    lol, no...
    I'll let someone else help you.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Infinite Bubble

From this, he seems to have Te rather than Ti. That rules out INTP. Most of the things you have written are stereotypical to Sensors, such as being grounded in reality and (Si specifically) being reluctant to do things outside of his comfort zone, but I'm going to have to go along with it due to lack of information. Out of these options, ISTJ.

But why is he got a problem with the type? Does he see them as inferior? And of course he can be damn writer! Also, you can write poety and be an ISTJ at the same time, believe it or not.

your resident asshole

I don't think this is the best way to go about describing your friend to help us type him. You're giving a lot of really specific things about the way he feels. Can you try describing just his characteristics? Also, which type or types do you feel he is most like?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    No.

Thank you for helping to confirm his Myers-Briggs type. I suppose it was not entirely accurate to say he's worried about being able to be a writer, but that he'd be able to work with original ideas and write things other than pulp novels.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah kinda seems more Te than Ti..... have you already ruled out ExTJ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I don't think this is the best way to go about describing your friend to help us type him. You're giving a lot of really specific things about the way he feels. Can you try describing just his characteristics? Also, which type or types do you feel he is most like?
    Well, considering I only know him from the Internet, most of my information about him comes from what he tells me. I used to think he was an INTP, but I've progressively swayed to thinking he's ISTJ. If sense of humor is of any indication, he prefers more tasteless and repetitive humor and can't stand British humor.

Bean counters work for the IRS. How old is this kid?