• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help me with my enneagram type?!

MBTI Type
help
Enneagram
pls
i’m stuck between 9w1 and 7w6. i’m leaning towards 7w6, but i don’t feel like i want to experience new things? it’s more so that i read exciting new concepts and i get REALLY pumped for a few hours. i don’t need the physical thrill of actually doing stuff? wait maybe i’m a 6w7 but i don’t really think i’m conscientious enough to be a 6?!? i actually tend to overanalyze things, and this leads me to see every possible way a situation could work out and i'm starting to think this is the reason why i never make a move.

oh and i know this wasn’t technically designed for mbti but if you a preference can you tell me? i’m questioning my introversion but who knows?

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

honestly, i don’t know. the future is my escape. knowing that there’s a world of possibilities and new things to do is probably the only thing keeping me alive right now. i’m seriously considering 7w6 as my core type but there seems to be this preference for 7w6’s with talking to others and being socially confident and if we’re going by the traditional means of introversion, i’m at the bottom of the totem pole. i’m an easily excitable person, and when i find a some new dream, i’l latch myself onto it for a few hours, imagine everything that has to do with it, read its wikipedia page and click on all of its references. i’ll have a layout in my head of what i’m going to do!! when i’m interested in something, i hyper focus, but my interest is cheap. it’s fleeting and i get bored easily, which is basically disturbing because there’s still just so much to learn! i went on a different forum earlier and there was just SO much information. it was overwhelming, but in a good way!!!! in the “WHERE DO I START FIRST HE HE HE HE” kind of way. and that’s the exciting thing about life! there will always be new things to learn about, even if they’re not even new! new things to think about new ideas to hover over new and exciting things!!!! and even if i didn’t like reading about new ideas, the future is still one big blob of unknown. EVEN IF I’M OLD, DECREPIT, AND WALLOWING IN MY OWN URINE, DEATH WILL STILL BE THERE TO SAY “HEY GUESS WHAT U HAVEN’T EXPERIENCED ME YET!!!!! U DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN LOSER”.

the worst thing though is that i don’t always utilize this information. while there are other people elsewhere who don’t have as much *information* at hand as me, and i’m still bored. i still complain to others because i’m sick of my life, i’m sick of the mundane, i’m sick of everything, and this is the most disgusting thing about me. this isn’t 100% accurate either, though!!! i find myself often bored by what’s happening right now, but when i think about future possibilities i feel like body has recharged. in some ways, i feel like my boredom is a lot easier to cure than other people, but when i do get bored, it's at a way more extreme level than most others. i wouldn't mind dying at that very moment if it meant i was going to see something new. i haven't experienced anything in my life, at all, but i feel like i've been through just about everything. i don't need to visit new countries, eat nice things, or do anything to be happy, because i'm already bored of all those things. what even makes me excited anymore?

the one thing that seems to be dominant in 7w6s are their sense of adventure, and while adventure seems cool, i’d rather astral project myself into a world of adventure than actually bother to get out of my bed. i get overly excited about new ideas or interesting book concepts, but i rarely ever get excited when someone says “we’re going to eat at this NEW restaurant where people utilize dust and make it edible it’s super organic u know” but idk

tl;dr: future possibilities drive me to stay alive, and i look tend to spend a lot of time looking for new things to read about

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

i want to spread knowledge. it’d be rather selfish to keep it all to myself. i care about the acquisition of knowledge, definitely, but if i keep it to myself what good will it do? i’ll interpret it one way, and that’s cool and all, but if i spread it, there will be thousands of new opinions and point of views, that could potentially do so much more for the world. new interpretations means new things and while those new things could be bad, they could easily be good as well. just imagine all of the potentiality that’s being wasted today because of the lack of opportunity. there are SO many other people in different places that don’t have the same opportunities as me and it’s just really sad because i’m basically throwing what i have away to useless hobbies. i want to dedicate myself to something and maybe after i find that something that i truly love, i’ll be able to *grow* as a person and then maybe i’ll be able to help everyone :(

i just want to give everyone the same opportunities as i have and give everyone the near limitless amount of knowledge that i have access to. i want to help others * u *

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

i’m one of the most optimistic people i know. i view everything through rose-tinted glasses and a part of me feels like my pipe dreams aren’t just pipe dreams. this is something i kind of want to avoid? being optimistic is good, but i guess i’m a little too naive? but i have strong bouts of anxiety as well. i'm extremely optimistic about the possibilities but my anxiety comes from the obstacles that come in between me and the end product. but i’ll just distract myself from them or tell myself that EVERYTHING’LL BE OKAY, but i still freak out about it if i start thinking about it again.

i never finish anything, either. i use 300% more enthusiasm than most people, but after thirty minutes i'll already be burned out.

idk i guess to stay open-minded and curious? understand that not everyone is me etc etc??!?!? try to understand a person’s motives and ask myself why they think that way?

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

i’m afraid of a world where everything is plainly that. if what i see is what is, if my imagination runs dry, or idk if there aren’t anymore.......possibilities......and everything’s set in stone. i’m afraid of being bored? not having anything stimulating to excite me, whether it’s books or studying foot calluses to examine a person’s past life?

this is one the reasons why i still think i'm interested in typology. there are just so many different combinations and so many different people to type. this is a little problematic though, i've started categorizing people as soon as i meet them. after one conversation, i'll identify all of the cognitive functions that they use, and i feel like i won't treat them as sentient beings, but rather a great chain of patterns. i'll make assumptions about them before the second conversation, and sometimes i wish i could unlearn all of this. it's not something i can *stop* i can't really control my thinking process?

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

i guess i want others to see me as knowledgable and funny?!?!? idk?!?!?!?

i see myself as scattered, fleeting, a little spacey? i get bored of things before i actually *interact* with them. i don’t need the experience to get bored of it. if i think about it long enough, i’ll eventually archive it and move onto a more exciting prospect. if i read a book on time travel, i’ll end up imagining a scenario where i’m a pirate that travels in between centuries to steal the necessary tools for my v own century and a few hours later, after reading some articles on whether time is cyclical or not, i’ll move onto reading about the different ethnic groups in china or idk?!?!? i’m impatient. i’m constantly pining for what will possibly happen, so much so that i’ll feel tired of the time in between now and then, which is a terrible thing to do for obvious reasons. u___u i'm also a pretty curious person. i think my curiosity is one of the things that keeps me excited about life.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

i feel my best when my dreams have renewed themselves and i can say “THE FUTURE IS A PLACE FULL OF GOOD THINGS N ALSO POSSIBLY NACHOS BC I’LL BE WEALTHY ENOUGH IN HAPPINESS TO MAKE NACHOS COME FROM MY IMAGINATION WHO NEEDS MONEY WHEN U GOT THE POWER OF IMAGINATION” also when people leave me alone for the entire day and i can go and read random wikipedia articles.

i feel my worst when i’m stressed out. my entire life is put on halt and i feel like i’m stuck in quick sand. i’ll consciously distract myself with mindless sitcoms or basically anything, as long as i don’t have to face my problems. i'll spend so much time asking myself why i didn't do something differently.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) nothing gets me more angry than when people don’t listen to what i have to say. i’m an overall pretty cool-tempered person but uh? depending on who, i might hold a grudge that won’t be apparent, but i’ll still have a “i remember what you did” sign on my mental profile of them . . . but then again it depends if they can’t let it go or if their intentions weren’t so great? idk i can’t hold a grudge against people i’m really close with, but at that level, it’s basically only my immediate family, because i assume that even if their actions weren’t so great that they don’t hold some deep hatred for me? i guess it’s kind of hard to trust people? hmm
b) if it’s on the internet i’ll just log off forever and never show my e-self there again. if it’s in real life i’ll try to make a joke of it or argue around it, no matter how obnoxious i sound.
c) avoid it like it’s nausea. i will do every possible thing not to think of it or anything about it.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) my anxiety leads to stress and that's about the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable.
b) COOL COOL COOL but i guess it depends on what unexpected change and how exciting that change is? north korea is actually fake and those that call themselves north koreans have been living underground for the last fifty years and the radiation from their only food source turns them into lizard-looking people exciting? or my math teacher has a cold so some old fart is substituting and he literally smells like farts exciting?
c) i don’t mind conflict as long as it doesn’t come back to bite me on the butt. i hate it when people make a big deal out of NOTHING but then again i guess this is pretentious of me to say because my nothing could be another person’s everything.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

i rarely ever give a second thought to some of the over the counter pills that i take when i’m feeling sick-- i just believe that it’ll make me feel better, and in some ways that’s a little scary. if i were to move out to iowa and the closest thing to a doctor was a part time milkman who only knew how to treat cows udders, i’d probably trust him and take his word for it because he has more knowledge than me, and i’ll feel like i’ll trust him because of that. i feel like doctors could potentially be more corrupt than other people that we typically associate with power during times of need so i don’t really understand people who say “i don’t trust police officers, but doctors rule!” but whatever

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

i have trust in my fellow humans! i feel like if everyone worked together, they could achieve the closest thing to happiness!!! teamwork is one of the most beautiful things ever omfg

W

WALMART

enfp 4/7 sx/sp

i have trust in my fellow humans! i feel like if everyone worked together, they could achieve the closest thing to happiness!!! teamwork is one of the most beautiful things ever omfg

you are cool.

MBTI Type
help
Enneagram
pls
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp

Please take this quiz and at the very end let us in on your results/scores.

five comes first with seven following close behind. i almost always score as a five but it just doesn't sound right?!

enfp 4/7 sx/sp

idk i thought about being a four but i don't think i have the emotional intensity omg
but i'm sure that can't be all that defines them?! are there any particular reasons why?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound quite 7.

Do you relate to this?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
You mentioned you're stuck between 9w1 and 7w6. What makes you think you could be a 9? Your writing style is pretty extraverted and 9s are normally introverted.

I think you're ENFP 7w6

W

WALMART

idk i thought about being a four but i don't think i have the emotional intensity omg
but i'm sure that can't be all that defines them?! are there any particular reasons why?

No particular reason, just playing the odds. Given this, I'd vote seven before four every time - I just threw it in to cover the off chance this is mostly fluff intended to throw off our senses :ninja:

Fours aren't all about emotional intensity though, more of an enunciation on the Fi part of your function stacking, while sevens are more of an Ne emphasis.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi.

I was just discussing this with my friend yesterday. I don't know much about the enneagram, but you sound like a core 5w4 who is maybe going to 7 (unhealthy state). I hate saying you are unhealthy, because I don't know, but some things you say do sound like you aren't living fully, and I think you even admitted it several times in your op.

5's go to 8 when growing. This sounds very extraverted and like LIVING to me, as in living in the world. It sounds like the opposite of what you are doing currently.

Liking to explore things in depth, know how they work and stuff seems very 5ish. Your fear is boredom. Yet the irony is that you never DO anything (by your own admission). Usually people would think living in their head all the time would be boring.

Do you see anything odd about that? Is your fear more about being afraid of not needing to live in your head all the time??

You said you will do anything to avoid anxiety. If you want to get better, this is where you might start. What happens if you feel anxious? Does it make you feel nauseated? If you will do anything to avoid anxiety, do you think your underlying fear of experiencing anxiety might be keeping you in a bubble in your mind. And creating this notion that if you leave your mind, you'll be bored? You're fixated with boredom and death. They are both the same thing, really. One is death of the mind and one is death of the body.

You're really just afraid of being dead.

Look into your anxiety. It will give you the clues you seek.

pm me with what you find. ;)

:heart:

~A

G

Glycerine

Under stress, 7s go to average 5 and then 1 behaviors. When they have personal growth, they take on the healthier traits of 5.

Under stress, 5s go to average 8 and then 7 behaviors. When they have personal growth, they take on the healthier traits of 8s.

You sound like a 7.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What makes you think you could be a 9? Your writing style is pretty extraverted and 9s are normally introverted.

Meh.

What is more common in a type is irrelevant in an individual. And while E9 is withdrawn it is not the most "introverted" E-type out there.

Anyway, there are 7 points in the OP as well as 9 points. Avoidance and optimism cover both of them, your constant talk of anxiety leans to 7 however I would suggest you pay attention to what you do when you're avoiding. 7s use distraction and activity while 9s zone out and numb, the other point is to look at anger, 9s are typically tuned out to their anger however so it takes reading and introspecting.

Look at the fears and desires at the end of each of these then consider your patters. They flow in pretty different directions.

https://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype7
https://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personlitytype9

Also, don't know if there is anything of value in this for you, I typed as 7 for a while before recognising it is simply a strong fix, so have an old thread going over some of the 7/9 differences.