User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by surfing_usa_timez View Post
    Does your friend have facial hair, facial piercings or tattoos? Do you think your friend would be interested in learning to drive stunt cars for a living? Does he genuinely enjoy the company of most people? What's his favorite sport? What's his height and weight? 1-10 (1 being not @ all 10 being yes) How set is your friend in his way of living? What happens during your friends average day? What happens during your friends average weekend? I think these questions will aid in the investigation AKA give me a better beat on this dude, haha.
    No facial hair, piercings or tattoos. I bet he would love to drive stunt cars for a living - he used to do dirt bike stuff with ramps etc. He seems to enjoy the company of most people although he does have his favorites. He's not into sports really at all, but he likes target shooting, deep sea fishing, and water sports like skiing and riding jet-skis, etc.

Height is 6', weight is probably 180-190? Set in his way of living - yes if you mean he continues to fly by the seat of his pants. But he's trying to straighten some things out that have gone awry as the result of poor planning, like his finances, etc. Average day? He's up, drinking coffee right out of bed, goes to work, comes home and then anything can happen - he can work on his project car, or he may go out with friends, or surf the web (he likes reddit), or watch tv, or who knows. He never plans his evenings unless there's a birthday to be celebrated or something important like that in the life of his family or friends.

Weekend? Good grief, could be anything. He's partied late, he's worked on cars, he's gone on trips, he's wrecked his bike, he's watched movie marathons - whatever suits his fancy at the moment. There's no predictability as far as I can tell.

Thanks for helping out with this - he's a good friend but a slight enigma.
    In Essentials, Unity; In Non-Essentials, Liberty; in all things, Love. - St. Augustine

MBTI
    EwwP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Most certainly an ES. He seems more F than T to me. The idea that he has "his favorites " seems more F (subjective). Does your friend openly except new people into his life due to objective circumstances? or does he reject new people into his life due to subjective circumstances? Is your friend more friendly when he meets new people or is he more standoffish and cold? He seems more P than J. He most certainly seems to enjoy an open scudeule which is a dead ringer for a P. He does however seem to have a slightly SJ vibe due the fact that ESFP's can sometimes seem like ESFJ's and vise vera. Is your friend somewhat judgemental & close minded in his way of seeing the world? Or is your friend more tolerant & careless? Does your friend value tradition? or does your friend withstand tradition? I think so far I would say ESxP. I'm leaning towards ESFP. IMO, the fellow seems too chaotic & scattered to be ESTP.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Has to be a P. Probably an SP ... maybe ISTP?
    The istp's I know also HATE personality tests of any kind

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

[ Does your friend openly except new people into his life due to objective circumstances? or does he reject new people into his life due to subjective circumstances? Is your friend more friendly when he meets new people or is he more standoffish and cold? He seems more P than J. He most certainly seems to enjoy an open scudeule which is a dead ringer for a P. He does however seem to have a slightly SJ vibe due the fact that ESFP's can sometimes seem like ESFJ's and vise vera. Is your friend somewhat judgemental & close minded in his way of seeing the world? Or is your friend more tolerant & careless? Does your friend value tradition? or does your friend withstand tradition?.[/QUOTE]

If he can have fun with people, they are in his life. If they bore him, he will not go out of his way to include them in anything, but he won't hate them or reject them. He's kinda standoffish and cold when he first meets people but warms up pretty quickly once he gets to know them a little. He's a mix of judgmental & closed-minded plus tolerant & careless. What I mean by that is that he is willing to listen to people and consider things from a different perspective, but he doesn't go out of his way to broaden his horizons. He's not a good student and doesn't seem to have time for book-learning, although he's great with hands-on learning and can figure stuff out. As for tradition, he values traditions like family traditions, but he's not so closed off to new ideas that he won't flex. Thanks for asking all these questions and taking the time to help me figure him out. He's a great person and I'd like to see him be successful. I think having a better idea of how he functions could help me encourage him in specific areas.
    @KatharineML - He hates ALL tests. He associates them with school, which he also hates. I tried to use words like "assessment" and "indicator" and he still said it sounded too academic for him.
    In Essentials, Unity; In Non-Essentials, Liberty; in all things, Love. - St. Augustine

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

[ Does your friend openly except new people into his life due to objective circumstances? or does he reject new people into his life due to subjective circumstances? Is your friend more friendly when he meets new people or is he more standoffish and cold? He seems more P than J. He most certainly seems to enjoy an open scudeule which is a dead ringer for a P. He does however seem to have a slightly SJ vibe due the fact that ESFP's can sometimes seem like ESFJ's and vise vera. Is your friend somewhat judgemental & close minded in his way of seeing the world? Or is your friend more tolerant & careless? Does your friend value tradition? or does your friend withstand tradition?.[/QUOTE]

If he can have fun with people, they are in his life. If they bore him, he will not go out of his way to include them in anything, but he won't hate them or reject them. He's kinda standoffish and cold when he first meets people but warms up pretty quickly once he gets to know them a little. He's a mix of judgmental & closed-minded plus tolerant & careless. What I mean by that is that he is willing to listen to people and consider things from a different perspective, but he doesn't go out of his way to broaden his horizons. He's not a good student and doesn't seem to have time for book-learning, although he's great with hands-on learning and can figure stuff out. As for tradition, he values traditions like family traditions, but he's not so closed off to new ideas that he won't flex. Thanks for asking all these questions and taking the time to help me figure him out. He's a great person and I'd like to see him be successful. I think having a better idea of how he functions could help me encourage him in specific areas.

@KatharineML - He hates ALL tests. He associates them with school, which he also hates. I tried to use words like "assessment" and "indicator" and he still said it sounded too academic for him.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

He sounds very much like the ISTP I know ... also a great person. They need you to gently prod them when they are being lazy (lazy thinking, lazy opinions, lazy in general) but not, NEVER to be pushy. They change in their own time. They do hear critique, more than they let on, and they do care, more than they let on. They definitely don't learn via books but hands on. They are much deeper in their thoughts than they might express with their words. Mine has started writing a blog and she says things better than I can, and I consider myself a writer! She is very fair, calm, honest. So yeah, they can stretch themselves when they care enough. She is the one everyone goes to when they want an honest opinion, or someone calm and not too intense to be with. She cares on the inside.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The descriptions given point straight to SP and Se-dom. The auxiliary will always be somewhat subdued, but there are hints of Fi.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”