User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ADHD

Default How about Patrick Jane, from The Mentalist? :)

Have y'all seen that show? If you have, wonderful! If not...GO WATCH IT. NOW!! Did you watch it yet? Okay, good - and no cheating and just looking at excerpts on Youtube! (Unless you find really GOOD excerpts, I suppose...)

I've only found a few threads talking about Pat Jane, which is a shame because his personality is SO engaging! He interacts with almost everyone he can in an attentive and enthusiastic manner, can see right into people and their feelings, relates to them like second-nature and is always empathetic. But in the end, he always marches to the beat of his own drum, doesn't give a second thought to rules, is almost scathingly blunt and has a quirky, even vain aura about him.

What do you think his type would be, hmm?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC99 View Post
    Have y'all seen that show? If you have, wonderful! If not...GO WATCH IT. NOW!! Did you watch it yet? Okay, good - and no cheating and just looking at excerpts on Youtube! (Unless you find really GOOD excerpts, I suppose...)

I've only found a few threads talking about Pat Jane, which is a shame because his personality is SO engaging! He interacts with almost everyone he can in an attentive and enthusiastic manner, can see right into people and their feelings, relates to them like second-nature and is always empathetic. But in the end, he always marches to the beat of his own drum, doesn't give a second thought to rules, is almost scathingly blunt and has a quirky, even vain aura about him.

What do you think his type would be, hmm?
    I always saw him as an INTJ. I mean he's nice at times, but then he can just analyze people to submission.
    He also keeps telling people why he knows what he knows which is quite much Te that needs to think out loud. Seems to have more interest in connections however rather than the empirical evidence so I'd say Te supporting Ni.

Was a while since I saw the show tho and I've been thinking of watching it from the start again for a while now.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Acerbusvenator View Post
    I always saw him as an INTJ. I mean he's nice at times, but then he can just analyze people to submission.
    He also keeps telling people why he knows what he knows which is quite much Te that needs to think out loud. Seems to have more interest in connections however rather than the empirical evidence so I'd say Te supporting Ni.

Was a while since I saw the show tho and I've been thinking of watching it from the start again for a while now.
    Yes Ni dom for sure but INFJ not INTJ. I initially thought ENFP but later dismissed it. I have my reasons for both. I'll elaborate later.

*Goes to sleep*

Strange avatar for an INTJ by the way. Add to it, strange avatar for an 6w5 INTJ. 6w5s the types that are in your face and never back off from what I have noticed. My enneagram knowledge is limited it should be noted.

MBTI
    ADHD

I don't see where he could be an introvert, though. When in public his first thought is always to engage with people, openly and directly! Rather than reserved and only interacting when he must, he's energized by it, as though he'd be restless without that interaction. Even when he was in prison for example, rather than keeping to himself the first thing he did was to loudly introduce himself to all his fellow inmates and begin chatting with them - even though he had no need to do so for the case!

He is analytical, but couldn't this reflect Ni supporting Fe just as easily? Or conversely, Ne seeking ideas through interaction?

Riva

I don't see where he could be an introvert, though. When in public his first thought is always to engage with people, openly and directly! Rather than reserved and only interacting when he must, he's energized by it, as though he'd be restless without that interaction. Even when he was in prison for example, rather than keeping to himself the first thing he did was to loudly introduce himself to all his fellow inmates and begin chatting with them - even though he had no need to do so for the case!
    That probably is Fe and So.

He is analytical, but couldn't this reflect Ni supporting Fe just as easily? Or conversely, Ne seeking ideas through interaction?
    ENFJ is a good suggestion by the way. Initially I thought Ne myself but later changed my mind. He has that Ni (NJ) 'plan things ahead step by step' thing going on.

MBTI
    ADHD

Alright, but if we was an ENFJ...wouldn't he be more rule-oriented, careful what he says to people, etc. because of that Fe nagging at him to conform and align himself to outside feelings and values - suggesting more ENFP traits? Or am I stereotyping there, are ENFJs often brashly outspoken and iconoclastic in that way that can almost appear uncaring or devil-may-care as well?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Depends on how strong his Ni ruled him. If his Fe and Ni were fairly close, then he might lean more to caring about what he perceived as the truth than some Fe agenda. If his Fe was quite a bit higher, then yeah, I think they'd be more careful, or care more, about what others thought.

Enneagram would play a role as well.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ADHD

That's a good point, I often overlook the subtypes and relative primary-auxiliary dominance!

So in the same vein, do you suspect Ne-Fi with strong Fi subtype would also be likely, or do you think his manner of interaction implies Fe in any case?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I always thought he was a text book ENTP
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I always thought he was a text book ENTP
    Me too ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching