User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    6

    Default Am I rigt with this? ENFJ!

    Forgive my English.


    Since a child I felt that I was quite different.

    I was a very shy kid, people pleaser and had very high moral standards plus some obsessive compulsive features. As a male my first friends were girls. I must mention that I was born in a small rural place and there weren't lots of people around. I just couldn't understand or connect with those rough games that boys were playing. I was very sensitive. It took me a while to get real male friends (those were also quite different). I later developed my physical side because of peer pressure (and still sucked at it). I was extremely interested in religious matters in general sense as well.
    One of my parents died and we moved to a city. I was pretty shocked and became recluse. I was in pretty sad state. When the high school begun I started eventually to open to others (I mean I could actually talk to others). It felt good. After that university and masters degree in chemistry. The thing is that I'm not a standard nerd at all. Chemistry itself was actually easy.

    I was still very shy but when the anxiety was gone... And social situations without anxiety really energizes me quite a bit.

    In general :
    I like to be very nice for people and I find them usually very interesting
    I'm somewhat nerdy guy
    I like structure but I don't really like traditional way of doing things. Little bit improvising sounds great.
    Living in the present seems hard. My thoughts are always wandering all over.
    One of the strangest things is that I don't really see the point in sex without intimate emotional connection. I'm straight.
    Yes, there was very depressive phase in my life when I just couldn't let me be myself.

    Years of shadow mode? ENFJ? Is it possible?


    There's a still long journey to completely recover but I hope I'll get there.

  2. #2
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    ENFJ sounds fair enough. Have you done any investigation into Enneagram? Nine, One and Two would be things to potentially take note of, though types can run the gamut.


    Good luck to your future.

  3. #3
    Member Acerbusvenator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Lets just say that the information given is inconclusive.
    Intuitive, yes. The rest isn't really clear.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thanks for the responses.

    Extroversion. It is different. I don't get tired of interaction but groups are not my thing. Face ro face interaction can go on forever and I'm the most active active one. I like personal connection.

    F vs T. I'm most going to choose the gentle way with people. It really makes me very uncomfortbale uncomfortable to see someone upset. I'm not going to express my view bluntly. I'm conflict avoidant.

  5. #5
    Member Acerbusvenator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by very_odd_guy View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

    Extroversion. It is different. I don't get tired of interaction but groups are not my thing. Face ro face interaction can go on forever and I'm the most active active one. I like personal connection.

    F vs T. I'm most going to choose the gentle way with people. It really makes me very uncomfortbale uncomfortable to see someone upset. I'm not going to express my view bluntly. I'm conflict avoidant.
    That really just tells us ENXX.
    We need to know the why.
    Ts aren't unemotional bastards that don't care about who they hurt or what they say, nor do we love conflict. Just a lot of stereotypes.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Sounds ENFJ to me, very much like one I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acerbusvenator View Post
    That really just tells us ENXX.
    We need to know the why.
    Ts aren't unemotional bastards that don't care about who they hurt or what they say, nor do we love conflict. Just a lot of stereotypes.
    True, but I don't think many T's would describe themselves as especially sensitive, and certainly not as a "people pleaser". People pleaser is definitely an EFJ description.

  7. #7
    Member Acerbusvenator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    True, but I don't think many T's would describe themselves as especially sensitive, and certainly not as a "people pleaser". People pleaser is definitely an EFJ description.
    I consider myself both, doesn't mean I use dominant Fe.
    All depends on our definition and reasons for doing so.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.

  8. #8
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by very_odd_guy View Post
    Forgive my English.


    Since a child I felt that I was quite different.

    I was a very shy kid, people pleaser and had very high moral standards plus some obsessive compulsive features. As a male my first friends were girls. I must mention that I was born in a small rural place and there weren't lots of people around. I just couldn't understand or connect with those rough games that boys were playing. I was very sensitive. It took me a while to get real male friends (those were also quite different). I later developed my physical side because of peer pressure (and still sucked at it). I was extremely interested in religious matters in general sense as well.
    One of my parents died and we moved to a city. I was pretty shocked and became recluse. I was in pretty sad state. When the high school begun I started eventually to open to others (I mean I could actually talk to others). It felt good. After that university and masters degree in chemistry. The thing is that I'm not a standard nerd at all. Chemistry itself was actually easy.

    I was still very shy but when the anxiety was gone... And social situations without anxiety really energizes me quite a bit.

    In general :
    I like to be very nice for people and I find them usually very interesting
    I'm somewhat nerdy guy
    I like structure but I don't really like traditional way of doing things. Little bit improvising sounds great.
    Living in the present seems hard. My thoughts are always wandering all over.
    One of the strangest things is that I don't really see the point in sex without intimate emotional connection. I'm straight.
    Yes, there was very depressive phase in my life when I just couldn't let me be myself.

    Years of shadow mode? ENFJ? Is it possible?


    There's a still long journey to completely recover but I hope I'll get there.
    Hmmm. I think that could be possible if you have been stressed out for years,

    Here's my take on Fe and Ni as an ENFJ.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2026153

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I've been living with anxiety many years. Psychiatrist (when I finally arrived to his office) was actually quite baffled about my situation.

    Perfectionism. I have lots of definite values or opinions and I can become very stubborn. I usually see different perspectives on various things and it comes naturally. I can get stuck while I'm seeking all the possibilities.

    Manipulation... Maybe I wouldn't suck doing it but that is not the way I would like to live my life.

  10. #10
    Member Acerbusvenator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by very_odd_guy View Post
    I've been living with anxiety many years. Psychiatrist (when I finally arrived to his office) was actually quite baffled about my situation.

    Perfectionism. I have lots of definite values or opinions and I can become very stubborn. I usually see different perspectives on various things and it comes naturally. I can get stuck while I'm seeking all the possibilities.

    Manipulation... Maybe I wouldn't suck doing it but that is not the way I would like to live my life.
    Then you can very well be an ENFJ, but tell me, what do you define as a "value"?
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] having problems with an ENFJ
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 06:47 PM
  2. [ENFJ] How possible is it to confuse an ESFP with an ENFJ and vice versa?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
  3. [ENFJ] I seem to be attracted to this ENFJ girl and...
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
  4. [ENFJ] I really need some help with my ENFJ mom (long post warning)
    By BlackCat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 03:31 PM
  5. [ENFJ] Was/is in love with an ENFJ.. can't understand how he feels, help!
    By sarahd242 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO