User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    int
    It just means that you aren't an asshole...that's all. Or a robot. Or Spock.
    It's good to know. Thanks!

And thank you all!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    INTP: the wall of text proves it. I only ever wrote a post like that once (discussing the possibility of miracles), and it took me somewhere between half an hour and an hour. You're quite analytical about all these details, so I'm sticking with INTP.
    IDK... I'm a wall-o-texter and I use bullet points like that in self-descriptions.... but I do think the OP is INTP.

To the OP: everyone has feelings and emotions. Having empathy means you're not a sociopath . The Fi ego is built around what is valuable/important/necessary in relation to the human condition. This means we experience our feelings as rational, and the emotions are signals or supporters that tag along. You speak mostly of impersonal thought - thinking of things in terms of what it is as detached from a human context, not what it's worth in terms of people. When you speak of "feeling", you link it with emotion as if it's mainly a sentimental experience. This suggests your feeling is NOT dominant, and in the case of the INTP, inferior.

IMO, a lot of INxPs get stuck on the T/F thing because of the play between the dominant and inferior functions.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

A lot of INTPs question their T, actually. So I've heard.

It's amazing what Ti-dom can do to you!
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Hi - yes, it is VERY important that we don't think of T type people as having no emotions or of introverts as not needing people. That would make them less than human. From my observations, T's have just as strong emotions as F types, it's just that they don't make decisions by them and are better at laying them to one side when considering things. They are also less liable to consider other's emotions, but that doesn't mean that, when faced with them, they don't care at all. They might offer rational solutions, but this would be because they care.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Hi - yes, it is VERY important that we don't think of T type people as having no emotions or of introverts as not needing people. That would make them less than human. From my observations, T's have just as strong emotions as F types, it's just that they don't make decisions by them and are better at laying them to one side when considering things. They are also less liable to consider other's emotions, but that doesn't mean that, when faced with them, they don't care at all. They might offer rational solutions, but this would be because they care.
    Indeed, I've been observing this more and more as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    IDK... I'm a wall-o-texter and I use bullet points like that in self-descriptions.... but I do think the OP is INTP.

To the OP: everyone has feelings and emotions. Having empathy means you're not a sociopath . The Fi ego is built around what is valuable/important/necessary in relation to the human condition. This means we experience our feelings as rational, and the emotions are signals or supporters that tag along. You speak mostly of impersonal thought - thinking of things in terms of what it is as detached from a human context, not what it's worth in terms of people. When you speak of "feeling", you link it with emotion as if it's mainly a sentimental experience. This suggests your feeling is NOT dominant, and in the case of the INTP, inferior.

IMO, a lot of INxPs get stuck on the T/F thing because of the play between the dominant and inferior functions.
    Yes, I seem to be analyzing more from a logical standpoint.

Also, sorry for digging up this grave (topic), it's been a busy year and I just remembered to come on here and read the post and realized I haven't replied to all of you, so thank you once again.