• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

vs [Type7], and other questions...

DaniaWania

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So first I tested type 7w6 and nowadays its 5w6. I agree AND disagree with both descriptions.

How do I know if I am a type 5 who was previously disintegrated or if I am a now integrated type 7.

Also, when you do tests do you select what you intend/would prefer to do or what you actually do (whether you like it or not)?

For example, I am a planner and a list maker... I HAVE to make lists in order to know what needs to be done, to feel a bit organised and such. BUT, I don't actually carry out my plans. I only plan so I know the direction I would like to go, or to get a picture of all tasks to complete. Planning is separate from the execution of plans... so is such a question valid?
This is the things I don't like with personality tests, there is never a real "yes or no" question.

Is there a definitive list out there? Sigh. I am obsessed with finding out my type now.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't sound like a 5, I'd guess either En 6 or 7.

You gotta go beyond behavior, you need to to focus on your motivations.

edit: chart removed, this one is much better , but I couldn't find an image.

G

Glycerine

What you describe sounds more like tertiary Te than anything. I would say pick the description with the negatives that resonate the most with you.

DaniaWania

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] Motivations huh? I got this here

No
Yes
Kinda

Type 7:

Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their need fulfilled
Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.

Type 5

Basic Fear: Being useless, helpless, or incapable
Basic Desire: To be capable and competent
Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment.

Motivations
I do hope I am interpreting freedom the right way. I am obsessed with freedom and independence. But at the same time, my real motivation, the reason behind all I do, is to figure out. Simply put, just to figure out whatever it is (this is why I am here too). If I cannot understand something it is hard to function in relation to it.

Basic Desires
Competence is so very important to me (although.. competence in what? I decide). But what is the purpose of being competent in something but to ensure security? So I am siding more with Type 7 "to be content". I am more interested in the absence of dissatisfaction (pain???) than the presence of satisfaction.

Basic Fears
While I do fear deprivation of my basic needs... I would think that is normal, so I do not agree with Type 7. Fear of (emotional) pain? I guess that is arguable. I do withdraw a lot and isolate myself to avoid pain... But when I am withdrawn I don't worry about it at all. I do have a fear of being incompetent though... Basically, none of these basic fears really hit the nail on the head.

As for type 6... I have never really thought about that. I will look into it. And of course, thanks a lot for your feedback :)