• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Balanced functions...?

Candlelight

MBTI Type
xxxx
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.3)

introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.3)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.1)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.2)

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.2)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.3)

introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.47

Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.68

Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.75

Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||||| 8.47

Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||| 6.48

Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||| 4.53

Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||| 2.2

Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||| 2.04

So I made the two JCF tests I know (keys2cognition and personalitycafe's one)... these are the results. I find out that there is a discrepancy in these results.

The first one gave me: ISFP, ESFP and INFP

The second one gave me: ESFJ, ISFJ and ESFP

But there is a brutal difference between some functions in one test and another. I noticed some bias... and by "letter based" tests... each one I test something different. :shrug: (I'VE SCORED ALREADY ALL THE TYPES! All of them... the recent ones were mostly S types).

Funny thing is that I don't feel like the extrovert stereotype. I mean, I feel more extroverted compared to the average introvert the same way I feel more introverted compared to the average extrovert. Practical example of this:

-My ESFJ boyfriend thinks I'm an introvert;

-My ISFJ mother thinks I'm "more extroverted" and a talkative person who speaks really loud (just like my father, she says);

-My ESTP father says I'm quiet but definitely not shy and very talkative;

So... ambivert?

What do you think? Any help is really welcome! ;)

Last edited:

KDude

Take the JCF again, and this time just focus on preferences. Not everything you have/possibly can be. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Forget the tests. While I like cognitive functions, I find that the tests are way too vague to be useful.

Do you think you might know any of your letters so far?

KDude

Forget the tests. While I like cognitive functions, I find that the tests are way too vague to be useful.

I would say that too, but they might be good starting points at least. To at least get some kind of dichotomy. Without that, asking people questions here isn't going to help (assuming no one here knows the OP).

Candlelight

MBTI Type
xxxx
Take the JCF again, and this time just focus on preferences. Not everything you have/possibly can be. :)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.9)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.6)
good use

There it is! I was rather careful doing this one...

Well... I think I might be a balanced sensor.

I would say that too, but they might be good starting points at least. To at least get some kind of dichotomy. Without that, asking people questions here isn't going to help (assuming no one here knows the OP).

Yeah, I saw those tests as a starting point as well.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well sure, but I'd suggest taking a different test that isn't as vague. Some people might disagree, but I really liked this test for JCFs much more than the other JCF tests. Unfortunately, you can't view the specific function breakdown anymore, but it still gives a result.

Well... I think I might be a balanced sensor.
There's a step! Another technique you could try is comparing yourself to others when you seem to be caught up in the details. This is easiest in terms of introversion and extraversion, but it can also work for S/N and T/F. Take a step back and look at yourself. Now look at everyone you know, specifically ones that are more obvious in their dichotomies. Do you fall more in line with the Is or more in line with the Es, etc.? Again, don't think too much about the specifics. Look more for the general.

Candlelight

MBTI Type
xxxx
Fair enough. Maybe ISxP?

Seems like it, and makes sense for some parts.

But one doubt: this great amount of Si I have may suppress some of the SP characteristics making me seem SJ-ish sometimes, right?

Many things about some profiles are rather stereotypical, but how much it's true about things like "liking to practice radical sports", or "difficulties with theorical understanding"? My brother is an ISFP and I have an IxTP friend and it doesn't sound true at all. The truth is that we prefer theories with practical application, just it. :)

Candlelight

MBTI Type
xxxx
There's a step! Another technique you could try is comparing yourself to others when you seem to be caught up in the details. This is easiest in terms of introversion and extraversion, but it can also work for S/N and T/F. Take a step back and look at yourself. Now look at everyone you know, specifically ones that are more obvious in their dichotomies. Do you fall more in line with the Is or more in line with the Es, etc.? Again, don't think too much about the specifics. Look more for the general.

Hmm, I'm an ambivert... but I can see me identifying myself more often with introverts than extroverts. My T/F axis is really balanced too.

KDude

Seems like it, and makes sense for a great part.

But one doubt: this great amount of Si I have may suppress some of the SP characteristics making me seem SJ-ish sometimes, right?

Many things about some profiles are rather stereotypical, but how much it's true about things like "liking to practice radical sports", or "difficulties with theorical understanding"? My brother is an ISFP and I have an IxTP friend and it doesn't sound true at all. The truth is that we prefer theories with practical application, just it. :)

For what it's worth, I still wonder if I'm some SJ (ISTJ) after a few years of being pretty familiar with MBTI. More than likely not, but there's enough to raise questions.

As for theories, ISTPs would be more like experimenters, learning a lot by doing. That isn't to say they don't understand theory. They'd understand a lot of theory implicitly, depending on their skill level. A musician who learns by ear or a mechanic spending all of his time with engines would still know a lot of the theories that make those fields tick, even if he or she doesn't explicitly talk about them in a bookish way.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISxJ is the most consistent pattern in your results..... I would guess ISFJ. You may be some form of ESxP too.