• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone help me with my type? INxJ, or something else entirely?

Mauve

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've always been interested in MBTI and personality theory, but seem unable to accurately type myself. I've always called myself INFJ, because that's what I received on online tests and the description matched, but lately I've been getting INTJ instead. I know that I am a 5w6 or 6w5. I've taken cognitive tests as well, and I normally get around the same result:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******* (7.4)

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.1)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.8)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************** (46.1)

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.1)

introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.6)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.1)

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.6)

I'm not really sure how else to describe myself, so I'll just throw a few points out there that may or may not be relevant:
  • I live more in the past and future than in the present. Oftentimes, I don't appreciate an experience or event until it's over. In fact, there have been times when I have hated something at the time, but appreciated it later.
  • According to those who know me, certain emotions show on my face. I may not seem overly happy or sad, but when I'm confused, angry or "zoning out" it shows. I also do this when I'm concentrating on something. It's embarrassing for me, but hilarious for my friends.
  • I'm a huge perfectionist, although this is more toward myself than to others. I set a lot of goals and expect myself to meet them, and I get angry with myself if I don't meet them. I hold other people up to standards, but they're no where near so high.
  • When I get mad or angry, I often know why, but feel unable to do anything about it.
  • I love routine and schedules, although I am terribly indecisive. I always want to know when/where something is happening and if I wanted to, could probably plan out every minute of the day.
  • I seem cold or fake nice to those who don't know me, but am much more bubbly and genuine to those who I do know. I don't believe in having "fake" friendships, and so I don't manipulate people in such a way. If I don't like someone, I'll just ignore them. I won't try and pursue them as a friend but I won't be outwardly mean to them either. If I'm friends with someone, I am genuinely interested in them as a person and generally hold them to a certain standard.
  • I'm very serious. I find it extremely hard to have fun and laugh with others. I'm not proud of it, but it's who I am.
  • I can't stand it when people force their opinions down my throat. Personally, I don't care to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat, so I prefer if they don't do that to me. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.
  • I work better independently than with others, because I can get overly serious and bossy.
  • When stressed, I either become highly illogical, or I just become a hyperventilating mess.
  • I tend to work in bursts rather than steadily. I rotate between doing a lot at a fast pace and doing nothing.
  • I like to classify things, and sometimes I think in terms of "black-and-white" or "bad-and-good"
  • Sometimes I get hunches about things, like the motivations of people or I get an inkling that something's going to happen. Of course, I don't always act on these hunches. It's easy for me to tell if someone's lying or if their motives are shady.

Hopefully that's helpful, because I've run out of things to say.
Can someone lead me in the right direction?