User Tag List

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Default I may be INTP-ish at the moment, but as a child I didn't seem like it (confused!)

Since personality type doesn't change, I've been reading on how an INTP may be as a child and early adolescent. Yes, I was born with a developmental delay, and diagnosed with disorders like ADHD and aspergers, so that could affect the cognitive process of an INTP (or any personality type for that matter).

As a kid (from what I remember) from ages 4-12:

-I was adventurous, but hated getting into trouble.
    -I was pretty oversensitive (almost complete opposite now amazingly)
    -I had trouble doing things on my own (mainly from ages 4-8)
    -I was interested in making friends to an extent, but after a while I became more interested in myself, and even moreso, my interests; I sat in my room and watched TV and drew all kinds of shit (comic books, animations, etc.)
    -Had very narrow interests (weather, dogs, etc.)
    -Was always questioning everything
    -Very hyperactive and emotional (likely a part of the developmental delay)
    -Was independent to an extent
    -I was easily distracted

This is all I remember; there could be much more, but the above as a whole is pretty fitting for my character; and I have drastically changed over the years (I also missed school for 3 years due to a very bad situation I was in during my early adolescenthood, which cognitively affected my developmental stages, long story).

Infinite Bubble

I think most of what have written has more to do with your disorders than a personality type per se. If there's anything I could make input on it would be that individuals with high Ne are (supposedly) diagnosed with ADD/ADHD more often than other types. I also read that as a child INTPs have narrower interests, then widen as they grow up because of Ne developing.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I think most of what have written has more to do with your disorders than a personality type per se. If there's anything I could make input on it would be that individuals with high Ne are (supposedly) diagnosed with ADD/ADHD more often than other types. I also read that as a child INTPs have narrower interests, then widen as they grow up because of Ne developing.
    This is happening with me right now, I just can't jump start the interests due to lack of motivation and depression.