User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default Ugh... I'm back again.

I originally thought I was an ISFP, before someone with a VERY thorough and convincing argument made me realize I was an INFJ. For months I believed with absolute certainty that I was an INFJ. However, now someone told me they think I'm really an ISFJ, so even though I was 100% sure I was an INFJ, I went to check out the ISFJ forums on some different sites and some profiles... And now I'm confused again.
    This is basically how it goes:
    I act like an ISFJ (at least, I think). However, ISFJs intimidate me, and I'm not sure why. I feel much more comfortable, understood and connected when speaking with INFJs. All of the characters that are fictional that are thought to be INFJs I really relate to, but I feel like the ISFJ ones behave like I do. I read some differences between INFJ and ISFJ, and I related to about half of the INFJ and about half of the ISFJ descriptions.
    I am just at a total and utter loss. I think I may not properly understand one of them, that's likely what's going on.
    So just to double-check--is there a certain reason why I could feel this way about the two separate types?
    I've basically done every questionnaire online and every quiz online by now since my MBTI self-discovery journey started, so I'd like to just see what your first impressions of me are and answer any questions you have to ask. I can try to describe myself or something if you'd like, even though I'm crap at that xD

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I don't know how useful this might be but I'm going out on a limb here... here are some key words I found associated with ISFJ and with INFJ. The ones that are bolded are ones I agree with/resonate with me; the ones that are not bolded are ones I don't.

ISFJ

follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change*

*Depends on what kind of change it is and how large the change is.

INFJ

creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality*, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

*Sometimes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I actually think INFP. Adding to the confusion?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

intp 3w4 sp/so
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    intp 3w4 sp/so
    Haha, I am definitely not an INTP. The only function I am sure of is that Fe is my auxiliary function and that I have a well developed Fi for a Fe-user. I'm pretty sure I use an inferior or tertiary Ti, my thinking isn't very well developed and I can't utilize it at all. Interesting that you would think that, though. I know I'm not T-over-F because my opinions of people are always skewed and biased by my personal feelings, any opinion ever is skewed and biased by what I feel/feel like it should be/feel is right morally, and I cannot detach myself from my emotions and feelings enough to use logic.
    Also, my boyfriend is 100% textbook INTP and I'm nothing like him, and can't rationalize or think the same way he does. I am 100%, totally sure I'm an F. But I'm interested in hearing why you think INTP! I like hearing what people's impressions of me are
    @Joehobo
    I don't really think I'm an INFP anymore... can I hear why you think INFP?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    I actually think INFP. Adding to the confusion?
    Ya, I also agree with INFP.

Maybe though, we should see how @greenfairy feels about this, another member who types as INFJ who many perceive (possibly falsely) to be INFP.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'm cool with hearing how greenfairy feels! Do you guys think I should try to find a questionnaire I haven't already filled out (it gets boring to fill them out many times over unless I've had huge self-revelations since the last time I filled it out) so you have more resources and info to pull from?
    I've also heard that family members' types can affect your behavior, though I don't know how accurate that is. Just in case it's useful for you to know:
    Mom: ESXJ (likely a T, or a very weak F preference)
    Dad: ENTx (I think maybe a J, but not sure.)
    Older brother: INTJ. He is definitely INTJ. I know for sure he is an INTJ, as does he.

Otherwise, I'm an idiot who knows nothing.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ya, I also agree with INFP.

Maybe though, we should see how @greenfairy feels about this, another member who types as INFJ who many perceive (possibly falsely) to be INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    I'm cool with hearing how greenfairy feels!
    Thanks for valuing my input.

Although I'm actually feeling as lost as ever right now between INFJ, INTP, and INFP (because I'm emotional at the moment and trying to analyze my emotional response type-wise to make myself feel better, and because I've been burned out and cynical about typology for awhile now). So I don't think I'd be much help. I think it's really hard if not impossible to give enough information online for an accurate typing. This is one reason I've been so frustrated by people being so sure I'm not one type or another. And when I question them about it they can never give me answers which I think merit such certainty.

So the bottom line is that I think only you can be sure of your type, and even if you are it is quite possible you are mistaken.

I've been thinking of writing my own questionnaire which I think would give more accurate results, but that would entail being sure of my understanding of cognitive functions, and it seems like every time I think I have a good distinction between two of them I find someone who uses the opposite one in the same way and the distinction falls into question.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Thanks for valuing my input.

Although I'm actually feeling as lost as ever right now between INFJ, INTP, and INFP (because I'm emotional at the moment and trying to analyze my emotional response type-wise to make myself feel better, and because I've been burned out and cynical about typology for awhile now). So I don't think I'd be much help. I think it's really hard if not impossible to give enough information online for an accurate typing. This is one reason I've been so frustrated by people being so sure I'm not one type or another. And when I question them about it they can never give me answers which I think merit such certainty.

So the bottom line is that I think only you can be sure of your type, and even if you are it is quite possible you are mistaken.

I've been thinking of writing my own questionnaire which I think would give more accurate results, but that would entail being sure of my understanding of cognitive functions, and it seems like every time I think I have a good distinction between two of them I find someone who uses the opposite one in the same way and the distinction falls into question.
    Ooh, I'd be really interested in reading a questionnaire you made! Even if it wasn't accurate, I bet it'd be fun to fill out. Especially because I've already filled out every single one on PerC for MBTI, and one of the Ennegream ones. xD
    I'm going to fill out a questionnaire for MBTI (or two or three), and post it/them next, maybe along with an Ennegream one. I'm not as interested in that as I am my MBTI type for the time being but I'd like to see how the two coincide/affect or change each other. Even if you feel that your input is jaded or inaccurate I'd like to read what you think with your knowledge and impression of the functions at the moment, anyways. ^^

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    Ooh, I'd be really interested in reading a questionnaire you made! Even if it wasn't accurate, I bet it'd be fun to fill out. Especially because I've already filled out every single one on PerC for MBTI, and one of the Ennegream ones. xD
    I'm going to fill out a questionnaire for MBTI (or two or three), and post it/them next, maybe along with an Ennegream one. I'm not as interested in that as I am my MBTI type for the time being but I'd like to see how the two coincide/affect or change each other. Even if you feel that your input is jaded or inaccurate I'd like to read what you think with your knowledge and impression of the functions at the moment, anyways. ^^
    Cool. I'll keep it in mind then.