• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugh... I'm back again.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
When I get lost in thought, I tend to think really, really deeply, on an almost auto-pilot level. I have no control over my thoughts. And when someone says "What're you doing?" my thought process completely slips out of my fingertips. "Thinking." "What're you thinking about?" "... I don't know."

Totally me :D

Well that would be an INxx thing for some reason. Also your 4 is enhancing this.

I've read a very interesting post a short time ago. When you're grey it's hard to categorize you as black or white, so you're a hybrid. I am an INF/TP-hybrid, but I am awful at maths and good at arts and writing, so I picked INFP. Also Keirsey test told me I'm an INFP, but I'm definitely not like my INFP friend, he's maybe a 9.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Totally me :D

Well that would be an INxx thing for some reason. Also your 4 is enhancing this.

I've read a very interesting post a short time ago. When you're grey it's hard to categorize you as black or white, so you're a hybrid. I am an INF/TP-hybrid, but I am awful at maths and good at arts and writing, so I picked INFP. Also Keirsey test told me I'm an INFP, but I'm definitely not like my INFP friend, he's maybe a 9.

So do you think I'm 'grey' and should just pick which to identify as?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
You maybe tend to be one more than the other but you can't be just INFJ or just ENFJ if you got strong Fi and strong Fe. You have influences from other personality types which makes you your own unique type. But I think you tend to be more INFJ than another type, as I said, because of the strong Ni in relation to Ne. Maybe this helps you.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You maybe tend to be one more than the other but you can't be just INFJ or just ENFJ if you got strong Fi and strong Fe. You have influences from other personality types which makes you your own unique type. But I think you tend to be more INFJ than another type, as I said, because of the strong Ni in relation to Ne. Maybe this helps you.

Alright, thanks. Now my question is--since I'm completely torn between IxFJ, should I pick ISFJ because I relate the most to the people, or should I pick INFJ because I relate the most to the profiles (and fictional characters? XD)
Because you say I tend to be more INFJ, and so do a handful of other people, but about the same amount of people tell me I'm more ISFJ.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I react in the same manner with said external environment. It isn't just Fe that empthasises, heck I know Fe doms who couldn't feel for another person at all because they can't fit themselve in the equation and it doesn't affect them. A good thing to see is why you do what you do, not just what you do. Functions are a process - not a pre defined set of personality traits, if it where that there'd be no room for development.
Tbh I also relate alot to the ISFJs and most people probably percieve me as one until they understand me better. Just like how I can see alot of my own quirks in INTP's, and INFJ's.

In regards to the function results, the reason why you scored an INFJ is because of a very low score for Ne. You still scored highest with Fi, more than Fe. Si > Se and Te > Ti.
Ive always seen high scores of Ni in all INxP's. however the low score of Ne is a questionable one.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. If you don't mind, can you elaborate a bit more on how I seem different than INFP?

You reminded me of other INTP females trying to figure out what box they fit in. In your posts Ti > Ne seemed core and for whatever reason you seemed to start doubting your own knowledge. This based on seeing posts which you've presented CORRECT information on something, then another INTP comes along disagreeing throwing another possibility out leaving you to doubt your knowledge, inspite of being correct in the first place. Inferior Fe from an INTP I say. It just seemed to me that you could never settle on a type because you had so much conflicting information. What made you conclude you where more suited to Fi than Ti?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I react in the same manner with said external environment. It isn't just Fe that empthasises, heck I know Fe doms who couldn't feel for another person at all because they can't fit themselve in the equation and it doesn't affect them. A good thing to see is why you do what you do, not just what you do. Functions are a process - not a pre defined set of personality traits, if it where that there'd be no room for development.
Tbh I also relate alot to the ISFJs and most people probably percieve me as one until they understand me better. Just like how I can see alot of my own quirks in INTP's, and INFJ's.

In regards to the function results, the reason why you scored an INFJ is because of a very low score for Ne. You still scored highest with Fi, more than Fe. Si > Se and Te > Ti.
Ive always seen high scores of Ni in all INxP's. however the low score of Ne is a questionable one.

I don't relate to Fi or feel that I use it much at all, though... I relate far more to Fe.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You reminded me of other INTP females trying to figure out what box they fit in. In your posts Ti > Ne seemed core and for whatever reason you seemed to start doubting your own knowledge. This based on seeing posts which you've presented CORRECT information on something, then another INTP comes along disagreeing throwing another possibility out leaving you to doubt your knowledge, inspite of being correct in the first place. Inferior Fe from an INTP I say. It just seemed to me that you could never settle on a type because you had so much conflicting information. What made you conclude you where more suited to Fi than Ti?
Cool. Thanks for the affirmation. :) No, I hadn't concluded anything of the sort, just asking for more information to sort out the conflicting points of view. I did recently about inferior Se, Fe, and Te in Was That Really Me? and identified relatively well with all three (and actually less with Se), so that made me reconsider INFP; but INFJ and INTP (most likely a combination due to unusual function development) still seems more accurate than INFP.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't relate to Fi or feel that I use it much at all, though... I relate far more to Fe.

Fair enough, just going off what the results say is all.. beyond reactions like that with people what else would you include into your Fe experience?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. Thanks for the affirmation. :) No, I hadn't concluded anything of the sort, just asking for more information to sort out the conflicting points of view. I did recently about inferior Se, Fe, and Te in Was That Really Me? and identified relatively well with all three (and actually less with Se), so that made me reconsider INFP; but INFJ and INTP (most likely a combination due to unusual function development) still seems more accurate than INFP.

No worries. No conclusion? Good. I'm not sure if that was ment to be a link or not lol, so I'm not sure what you are referencing there. So out of of Fe and Te, neither stood out more than the other? I relate to them both as well, and less so to Se also. I found getting other experiences from the types on how they dealt with their inferior helped in clarifying that.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
So, at least you're sure about the IxFx, right?

One of my friends (she believes she's an INFJ) has a complete lack of respect for authority, and it really annoys me because she goes out of her way to be rebellious and 'different'.

She's INFP. You're annoyed of this, that could be a hint for J, more for SJ as NJ.

When I get lost in thought, I tend to think really, really deeply, on an almost auto-pilot level. I have no control over my thoughts. And when someone says "What're you doing?" my thought process completely slips out of my fingertips. "Thinking." "What're you thinking about?" "... I don't know."

As I said, INxx

It's impossible for me to summarize things easily.

This one made me think of you as an ISFJ, because Ns focus on the bigger picture, so they're often better at finding the important things in for example a text.

One time my INFJ friend, who used to be anorexic, had "she said feels fine, it's wonderful, wonderful here" (lyrics from the song Strawberry Gashes) written on the back of her hand and said "Jeez, I'm so hungry", and I immediately knew she was having a bad day, even though nobody else noticed.

You read between the lines.

I love to try to explore the world around me, the people around me and all the possibilities. I wish I could be absorbed into nature and just continue to observe people there... then I could see them at their most honest and raw, when they were alone, what they wrote in journals, and not the facade the present to the rest of the world. My goal is to understand the world, especially other people, and to be understood in turn. I want to reach out and grasp everything in the palm of my hand and roll it around until I understand it.

N, right?

Now let's have a look at the functions.

1. Fi (46.1) > Fe (42.1), Diff: (4)
2. Ni (37.7) > Ne (25.7), Diff: (12)
3. Si (31.8) > Se (26.6), Diff: (5.2)
4. Te(17.4) > Ti (12.2), Diff: (5.2)

ISFJ has Si > Fe > Ti > Ne
INFJ has Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

Your Ni is about 5.9 points higher than your Si. Also you're Ni is 12 points higher than your Ne. That's the biggest difference.

If you can trust these results you're definitely more INFJ than ISFJ. And that's why I still think you're INFJ :)

Last edited:

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=8973]Joehobo[/MENTION]
I'm not sure how to articulate it exactly. I'm always more concerned for other peoples' feelings than my own and I sacrifice a lot of things for them and will hide my feelings from them if that's what it requires for them to be happy-type thing, usually.
[MENTION=16320]Infperson[/MENTION]
Those are some very good points...

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know--I'm still not sure. Somehow there never seems to be enough evidence to either one :\

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I don't know--I'm still not sure. Somehow there never seems to be enough evidence to either one :\

Same here

My first test result was INFJ. And it sounded really good to me back then. My second test result was INFP, it sounded even better (It's absurd to think of me as a J now due to my chaos^^). And a short time ago I found out that I'm between F and T. At one test I got 50/50 and at another test that I'm slightly over the border to F. I think it was Keirsey sorter. The only reason I picked INFP is because I'm talented in languages, like Arts and mostly care about others feelings (Well, that seems quite of a F-indicator, when I think about it ) and I am even bad at maths, which should clearly let INTP drop out. When I look back at my childhood I always behaved like an INFP.
But when I have a look at the INTP profile I can somehow relate to some points
It should be the 5 that's confusing me about my type. I mean there are many INFP 5s, maybe they feel the same way..

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No worries. No conclusion? Good. I'm not sure if that was ment to be a link or not lol, so I'm not sure what you are referencing there. So out of of Fe and Te, neither stood out more than the other? I relate to them both as well, and less so to Se also. I found getting other experiences from the types on how they dealt with their inferior helped in clarifying that.
Yeah it's a book. Here's a link:http://www.amazon.com/Was-That-Really-Me-Personality/dp/0891061703
It's really informative; you should check it out.

Inferior Fe still fits better than Te because I seem to exhibit all the characteristics for Fe but only some of the ones for Te and Se. Although it's really a matter of interpretation, which is tricky business as one can label a bunch of things as one function or another without any real clear reasoning or evidence. As for Te, I used to be very anti-authoritarian and have always been very sensitive to criticism. I'm still anti-authority somewhat, but having matured I can see authority's validity most of the time and I don't mind complying if it's legitimate. I question everything and have to be sure something is deserving of my respect. If someone in authority has a bad attitude I'll comply if what they say makes sense, but I don't have to respect them if they don't respect me (although I'll act polite). As for criticism, I've always been open to it if it is constructive and doesn't come with judgement; but I've grown up with the two being combined, so I project that onto other people (it's been a challenge to learn how to separate the two). And I'm very self critical and am usually thinking I'm incompetent. But some other things don't fit, like I don't really lash out at people or try to be logical when I'm angry; I get emotional and less logical. Well, I can still debate with people, but I get distracted with it and can't focus on school and work and stuff. Under stress I do things that don't make sense and can't think as clearly. And I don't have road rage and don't blame people and institutions for problems or accuse them of being incompetent. And I'm never critical of people except when making judgements like so and so is a hypocrite or that person is non-functional in x way. I see no point in just being mean for the sake of it. So I'm rambling, but you get the idea. Fe seems more completely accurate than Te.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm still having difficulties. :\
I feel like I bias my actions and answers completely on this forum because of what I want to be typed as. I'm just not sure.
Does anyone know what some huge, huge, tie-breaking, earth-shattering differences are between INFJs and ISFJs? I need more information.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Have a look at this site

INFJ
creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

ISFJ
follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have a look at this site

INFJ
creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

ISFJ
follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change

I've already seen that XD
The problem is I relate to a lot of both of them :\

INFJ

ISFJ
follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change*

Depends on what kind of change it is and why it's changing.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I recently read something somewhere or another that I keep wanting to mention and continue to forget. It said that ISFJs tend to prefer small talk and don't like deep conversations whereas INFJs prefer deep conversations over small talk. In this case I think I'd be an INFJ because I love to talk in depth about deep subjects and whenever I'm with S-users they always backtrack the conversation to something else when I try to push deeper on a subject, like they feel uncomfortable going so deep, while I try to keep talking about that one thing.
Also, I know that I definitely use F over T because F is a huge part of my entire personality, but I do like to think a lot. Not as much, as well or as objectively as, say, an INTJ would (and I'm much better at being emotional than I am at thinking and being objective and basing my decisions off of something that makes sense), but I can be very... I guess "analytical" is the right word. I'm currently in the process of writing a case study on Jani Schofield (when I first watched her documentary I got the gut feeling she wasn't really schizophrenic and am finding evidence to back it up), and have been thinking about a medical condition I had in October that makes absolutely no sense that doctors have little to no info on, but obviously I haven't made it very far in that because I'm not a doctor or a scientist.
I tend not to talk about these things or to talk about my opinions on them unless I'm with my INTP boyfriend, though, until I've completed them completely, because I feel insecure about my information, conclusions and descriptions if I do.

Permabanned
FWIW, I can't say I've seen an ISFJ going over the mental process displayed in this thread. Idk what that says regarding what type you actually may be, though. :shrug: