• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugh... I'm back again.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FWIW, I can't say I've seen an ISFJ going over the mental process displayed in this thread. Idk what that says regarding what type you actually may be, though. :shrug:

Do you think you could explain a little bit more what you mean by that, by an ISFJ not going over the same mental process? I tend to not notice my mental processes as much as what's in my mental process, so if you could explain what mental process you're seeing that might help me along further :D

Permabanned
Do you think you could explain a little bit more what you mean by that, by an ISFJ not going over the same mental process? I tend to not notice my mental processes as much as what's in my mental process, so if you could explain what mental process you're seeing that might help me along further :D

Just making this thread and posting in it really.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just making this thread and posting in it really.

I see XD Any other input to add? (I think it's interesting that you said an ISFJ doesn't go through the same mental process that you've seen, though...)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I've already seen that XD
The problem is I relate to a lot of both of them :\

INFJ
creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

ISFJ
follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change*

Depends on what kind of change it is and why it's changing.

Most of the words you marked in the ISFJ list can fit into the INFJ profile too, i guess.

But you marked "focus on fantasy more than reality" and "creative". Due to that you'd better fit into the INFJ profile.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most of the words you marked in the ISFJ list can fit into the INFJ profile too, i guess.

But you marked "focus on fantasy more than reality" and "creative". Due to that you'd better fit into the INFJ profile.

I feel the need to clarify 'fantasy more than reality'...
If I apply myself to it I am very good at focusing mostly on reality. I'm a very realistic person--I don't like childish daydreams of world peace and don't have unrealistic expectations of the world. However, I prefer to withdraw into my own head, maybe with one companion from the real world, and to plan out idealistic things that may never happen but that I'm going to try very hard to achieve.
Still sound like INFJ?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I feel the need to clarify 'fantasy more than reality'...
If I apply myself to it I am very good at focusing mostly on reality. I'm a very realistic person--I don't like childish daydreams of world peace and don't have unrealistic expectations of the world. However, I prefer to withdraw into my own head, maybe with one companion from the real world, and to plan out idealistic things that may never happen but that I'm going to try very hard to achieve.
You're a mix between S and N. So it's hard to say you're this or you are that. I had a hard time too, considering myself as INFP. I'm pretty sure now, that I use Fi over Fe and Te over Ti, although both types, INFP and INTP sound accurate to me. What would you guess I am? ;). Maybe you should just listen to your functions and sort out the inaccurate ones.

Still sound like INFJ?
I still think so, a bit..

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're a mix between S and N. So it's hard to say you're this or you are that. I had a hard time too, considering myself as INFP. I'm pretty sure now, that I use Fi over Fe and Te over Ti, although both types, INFP and INTP sound accurate to me. What would you guess I am? ;). Maybe you should just listen to your functions and sort out the inaccurate ones.

I just don't clearly understand Si/Se Ni/Ne, so. XD
It's hard to say because I have a friend who's an INFP and my boyfriend is an INTP, and you don't sound like either of them. XD You seem more INFP though.
[MENTION=8973]Joehobo[/MENTION]
I recently discovered a description online (can't find it again though) where someone described Fi. She said, rather than the way a Fe user would think of it, a Fi user would look at someone crying or hurting and say "Do I want to comfort them? Do they deserve my sympathy? How does this make me feel?" I don't relate to that at all (I'm more of "This person is hurting. I have to do whatever I can to help them. I can't let them hurt like this." Even if someone has abused me, manipulated me or done me the greatest wrong ever, even if I want to hate them, I cannot turn away because I feel so incredibly guilty that they're hurting and I want to take all their pain for them), so I assume I'm more of a Fe user. Which would make me an IFJ and not an IFP :)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I believe I've settled back on INFJ, after reading "Really Me" by Naomi Quenk. :)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Really? What's the cause for opinion change?

I took a step back, I completely wiped out any self-perceptions, and I read. A lot.
When I said "What do I do the most often?" or "What am I usually like?" I became overwhelmed by the amount of information. So I reversed the question: What would I not do? What am I not like?
Turns out there were HUGE CHUNKS of the ISFJ profile that I would not do and am not like, or that I don't relate to, and a few sentences that I would do/am like/do relate to. And there were huge chunks of the INFJ profile I related to, and only a few sentences I didn't relate to as much but have done or been like at some point or another in my life.
So then, I took my new and not-biased knowledge of each type and applied it to myself, and... what do you know? I'm an INFJ. Just had to clear my head.
Then I decided to see if the same theory would apply to enneagram.
If you're curious, I'm an INFJ 4w5 sx/sp. And somehow I'm glad the war is over.