User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

So, at least you're sure about the IxFx, right?

One of my friends (she believes she's an INFJ) has a complete lack of respect for authority, and it really annoys me because she goes out of her way to be rebellious and 'different'.
    She's INFP. You're annoyed of this, that could be a hint for J, more for SJ as NJ.

When I get lost in thought, I tend to think really, really deeply, on an almost auto-pilot level. I have no control over my thoughts. And when someone says "What're you doing?" my thought process completely slips out of my fingertips. "Thinking." "What're you thinking about?" "... I don't know."
    As I said, INxx

It's impossible for me to summarize things easily.
    This one made me think of you as an ISFJ, because Ns focus on the bigger picture, so they're often better at finding the important things in for example a text.

One time my INFJ friend, who used to be anorexic, had "she said feels fine, it's wonderful, wonderful here" (lyrics from the song Strawberry Gashes) written on the back of her hand and said "Jeez, I'm so hungry", and I immediately knew she was having a bad day, even though nobody else noticed.
    You read between the lines.

I love to try to explore the world around me, the people around me and all the possibilities. I wish I could be absorbed into nature and just continue to observe people there... then I could see them at their most honest and raw, when they were alone, what they wrote in journals, and not the facade the present to the rest of the world. My goal is to understand the world, especially other people, and to be understood in turn. I want to reach out and grasp everything in the palm of my hand and roll it around until I understand it.
    N, right?

Now let's have a look at the functions.

1. Fi (46.1) > Fe (42.1), Diff: (4)
    2. Ni (37.7) > Ne (25.7), Diff: (12)
    3. Si (31.8) > Se (26.6), Diff: (5.2)
    4. Te(17.4) > Ti (12.2), Diff: (5.2)

ISFJ has Si > Fe > Ti > Ne
    INFJ has Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

Your Ni is about 5.9 points higher than your Si. Also you're Ni is 12 points higher than your Ne. That's the biggest difference.

If you can trust these results you're definitely more INFJ than ISFJ. And that's why I still think you're INFJ
    Last edited by Stephano; 01-14-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

@Joehobo
    I'm not sure how to articulate it exactly. I'm always more concerned for other peoples' feelings than my own and I sacrifice a lot of things for them and will hide my feelings from them if that's what it requires for them to be happy-type thing, usually.
    @Infperson
    Those are some very good points...

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I don't know--I'm still not sure. Somehow there never seems to be enough evidence to either one :\

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I don't know--I'm still not sure. Somehow there never seems to be enough evidence to either one :\
    Same here

My first test result was INFJ. And it sounded really good to me back then. My second test result was INFP, it sounded even better (It's absurd to think of me as a J now due to my chaos^^). And a short time ago I found out that I'm between F and T. At one test I got 50/50 and at another test that I'm slightly over the border to F. I think it was Keirsey sorter. The only reason I picked INFP is because I'm talented in languages, like Arts and mostly care about others feelings (Well, that seems quite of a F-indicator, when I think about it ) and I am even bad at maths, which should clearly let INTP drop out. When I look back at my childhood I always behaved like an INFP.
    But when I have a look at the INTP profile I can somehow relate to some points
    It should be the 5 that's confusing me about my type. I mean there are many INFP 5s, maybe they feel the same way..

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    No worries. No conclusion? Good. I'm not sure if that was ment to be a link or not lol, so I'm not sure what you are referencing there. So out of of Fe and Te, neither stood out more than the other? I relate to them both as well, and less so to Se also. I found getting other experiences from the types on how they dealt with their inferior helped in clarifying that.
    Yeah it's a book. Here's a link:http://www.amazon.com/Was-That-Reall.../dp/0891061703
    It's really informative; you should check it out.

Inferior Fe still fits better than Te because I seem to exhibit all the characteristics for Fe but only some of the ones for Te and Se. Although it's really a matter of interpretation, which is tricky business as one can label a bunch of things as one function or another without any real clear reasoning or evidence. As for Te, I used to be very anti-authoritarian and have always been very sensitive to criticism. I'm still anti-authority somewhat, but having matured I can see authority's validity most of the time and I don't mind complying if it's legitimate. I question everything and have to be sure something is deserving of my respect. If someone in authority has a bad attitude I'll comply if what they say makes sense, but I don't have to respect them if they don't respect me (although I'll act polite). As for criticism, I've always been open to it if it is constructive and doesn't come with judgement; but I've grown up with the two being combined, so I project that onto other people (it's been a challenge to learn how to separate the two). And I'm very self critical and am usually thinking I'm incompetent. But some other things don't fit, like I don't really lash out at people or try to be logical when I'm angry; I get emotional and less logical. Well, I can still debate with people, but I get distracted with it and can't focus on school and work and stuff. Under stress I do things that don't make sense and can't think as clearly. And I don't have road rage and don't blame people and institutions for problems or accuse them of being incompetent. And I'm never critical of people except when making judgements like so and so is a hypocrite or that person is non-functional in x way. I see no point in just being mean for the sake of it. So I'm rambling, but you get the idea. Fe seems more completely accurate than Te.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'm still having difficulties. :\
    I feel like I bias my actions and answers completely on this forum because of what I want to be typed as. I'm just not sure.
    Does anyone know what some huge, huge, tie-breaking, earth-shattering differences are between INFJs and ISFJs? I need more information.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Have a look at this site

INFJ
    creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

ISFJ
    follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Infperson View Post
    Have a look at this site

INFJ
    creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

ISFJ
    follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change
    I've already seen that XD
    The problem is I relate to a lot of both of them :\

INFJ

ISFJ
    follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change*

Depends on what kind of change it is and why it's changing.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I recently read something somewhere or another that I keep wanting to mention and continue to forget. It said that ISFJs tend to prefer small talk and don't like deep conversations whereas INFJs prefer deep conversations over small talk. In this case I think I'd be an INFJ because I love to talk in depth about deep subjects and whenever I'm with S-users they always backtrack the conversation to something else when I try to push deeper on a subject, like they feel uncomfortable going so deep, while I try to keep talking about that one thing.
    Also, I know that I definitely use F over T because F is a huge part of my entire personality, but I do like to think a lot. Not as much, as well or as objectively as, say, an INTJ would (and I'm much better at being emotional than I am at thinking and being objective and basing my decisions off of something that makes sense), but I can be very... I guess "analytical" is the right word. I'm currently in the process of writing a case study on Jani Schofield (when I first watched her documentary I got the gut feeling she wasn't really schizophrenic and am finding evidence to back it up), and have been thinking about a medical condition I had in October that makes absolutely no sense that doctors have little to no info on, but obviously I haven't made it very far in that because I'm not a doctor or a scientist.
    I tend not to talk about these things or to talk about my opinions on them unless I'm with my INTP boyfriend, though, until I've completed them completely, because I feel insecure about my information, conclusions and descriptions if I do.

FWIW, I can't say I've seen an ISFJ going over the mental process displayed in this thread. Idk what that says regarding what type you actually may be, though.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.