I was reluctant to ask for help on here, but a friend of mine who's a user on here bribed me into it - @Aleda. Careful, she's an ENTJ, and by nature extremely vicious. she threatened to take away my wifi if i said no. help me
I'm not quite sure where to start with this, so I'll begin with saying that my Enneagram tritype is 451, core 4w3, because that seems to assist with typing to some degree. I've been interested in typology for a long time now and know a good amount about the functions. I've successfully roped most of my family and friends into letting me survey them so I could know their type, I'm just not sure about my own. So, since this site doesn't seem to have any handy surveys available (perhaps I overlooked some details) I'll tell you guys some things that may/may not be helpful for my typing.
* I've taken functions tests before. Most recently I've scored INTJ, INFJ, and ENFJ (on one I just took now) but my results obviously vary depending on my mood.
* I think I'm pretty introverted. I genuinely love being around people at some times, but there's only so much people time I can handle before I feel on the brink of implosion. I do get major fuzzies from helping people, though.Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.45
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.255
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.935
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||| 6.76
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||| 6.16
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||| 5.17
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||| 4
Extroverted Sensation (Se) |||| 1.03
* My brain is a big catalog of ideas, theories, questions, and associations. Ever seen BBC Sherlock's Mind Palace? That's how I work when I need to remember something.
* I like music with lyrics that are open for interpretation. Although I appreciate them in their appropriate time, songs with lyrics like "you broke my heart and it hurt me" or "dancing at the club with a beautiful lady" or "tonight we're gonna drink tequila 'til we die" don't appeal to me as much as songs that have lyrics like this.
* I consider myself fairly witty, although I often end up with a serious case of l'espirit d'escalier. I always feel bad when I've pushed too much or gotten too angry too fast, which happens when I get stressed out.
* I'm a glutton for knowledge! I don't have a great mind for details, but I do have a great mind for facts. (And song lyrics. I know thousands of songs by heart.)
* I've been teased since the early days of youth for being a scatterbrain and very out-of-touch with what goes on around me. "Are you okay? You look sad," says the concerned acquaintance who has noticed me staring at the same spot on the floor for the last 10 minutes. I'm perfectly fine, I was just wondering what would happen if I hopped in a time machine, traveled a century back, and invented the internet.
* I have trouble starting projects, but not much trouble completing. I can get tunnel vision for a particular project that I'm interested in. Terrible multitasker, though. The whole P/J thing is murky for me because I have a lot of 'P traits' (messy room, scattered, spontaneous side, losing things constantly) but I also have a lot of 'J traits' (need for closure, desire for control, a bit bossy).
* My favorite type of music has got to be alternative rock with ambient influence. My favorite type of art is surrealism. My favorite type of humor is absurdism (surreal humor, if you will). Yeah. I've always liked that kind of creepy surreal stuff.
* Somehow I've struck an inconsistent balance between being completely tuned out of my environment and being too tuned in. I certainly have a problem with environmental detachment (derealization, I believe, is the technical term) although that's probably not too closely related to type.
* I like thinking about the future in a really abstract sense. I don't plan every detail of it, but I think about the future years ahead quite a bit; I like to think of the future as kind of this story that's unfolding before me every day and I couldn't be more excited for it.
* I do more research than people give me credit for. If I ask an external source for help, it's after I've collected all the knowledge I can about my situation, considered possibilities, ruled things out, gone back, done it over again, "maybe" and "what if"-ed everything, and the likes -- I'm a pretty independent person.
* I don't have the best memory, so one thing that grates me about other people is when they press me to remember things that I don't. I think it's much more useful to observe the present and future, because the past can be interpreted in so many different ways that it's almost not worth trying. I'm bad at wording this, but basically, I believe one should not dwell too much on what has happened if the future is more promising.
* I'm still trying to figure out precisely what reality is, because being a bit of a loony person, I haven't seen any proof that the world exists so it very well may not. It's kind of a Schrodinger's cat thing. If you haven't proven that the world is real, the concept of reality is sort of in limbo, it both exists and doesn't exist. I told you I'm loony!
Sorry if I seem like I'm rambling. I don't consider myself much of a rambler because all of my "rambles" are linked directly to the subject at hand, but I can understand why others would perceive my style of talking as a bit long-winded. Also, I may have misjudged the relevance of what I said. It might actually just be pointless rambles that don't assist you typing me in any way. Perhaps I should have nicked a questionnaire off another site.
Anyone who takes the time to read and evaluate that mass of text up there gets a free internet hug. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Being a 4w3, I love talking about myself. (I jest. No, I don't, I'm actually kind of serious about that.)