• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me. I don't bite.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
This website is one man's way of visually representing the cognitive processes to "see" how they work. I think it's an interesting representation. http://player2000gi.alotspace.com/jungian_functions.htm

How do you know you are getting the most accurate full image if you are leaving holes then filling them in yourself? I know what you mean though, just a counterargument. Nuance is the key word. Seeing the forest for the trees is also a good way to describe it. Some place priority on the details to create the big picture (more accuracy), while it sounds like you place priority on the total picture, filling them in and skimming along the way (more speed).

Site isn't working for whatever reason.

I'm not getting the most accurate full image, but usually I get just enough details I need to visualize it. It's a way to compromise with myself, because I tend to want to jump to the end and then go back and fill in the rest, and that really sucks when you constantly automatically jump to the end of a page. I'm a very visual person, so I suppose that has something to do with it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ, good Ti

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
[MENTION=4275]Folderol[/MENTION], very interesting link you provided -- I relate a lot to both extroverted intuition and introverted intuition, but the little things they put about Ni users/NJs sound really accurate. Also, I tried that "guide to double checking your type" thing, and I ended up directing/responding, which corresponds to INFJs -- also, NF temperament was accurate (NT was close). So perhaps I really am an INFJ. Isn't it said that one might not always relate to their dominant function because it occurs so unconsciously for them?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some people think I'm INFJ and I relate to the descriptions, but I don't understand Ni very well, so I have no idea. Do you have any analyses to give? Thanks for feedback btw.

Ni probably takes the longest to fully understand, think of it as your anchor and emotional well. Folderlol explains it pretty well, it's like Ni pulls an idea inwards creating something solid and concrete rather than expand it.

How do you know you are getting the most accurate full image if you are leaving holes then filling them in yourself? I know what you mean though, just a counterargument. Nuance is the key word. Seeing the forest for the trees is also a good way to describe it. Some place priority on the details to create the big picture (more accuracy), while it sounds like you place priority on the total picture, filling them in and skimming along the way (more speed).

EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that about reading. When I read something, I'll enjoy it much more in a second read through then just skimming. In fact I'll sit there read the same paragraph several times when I sit down for a long reading session just so I can "zone in" to the book and get a complete picture without missing the details. If I don't I'll forget half the bits and pieces because I'll be side tracked with other details. That's Ne for you.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Ni probably takes the longest to fully understand, think of it as your anchor and emotional well. Folderlol explains it pretty well, it's like Ni pulls an idea inwards creating something solid and concrete rather than expand it.

EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that about reading. When I read something, I'll enjoy it much more in a second read through then just skimming. In fact I'll sit there read the same paragraph several times when I sit down for a long reading session just so I can "zone in" to the book and get a complete picture without missing the details. If I don't I'll forget half the bits and pieces because I'll be side tracked with other details. That's Ne for you.

I sort of get it. My mind works in ways I apparently can't comprehend. That's really cool.

I asked my INTP friend about it and she said the same thing as you. I don't understand! How can you guys pay that much attention? ...oh god, it must take you forever to read books! I applaud your perseverance. *furious clapping*

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
How can you guys pay that much attention? ...oh god, it must take you forever to read books! I applaud your perseverance. *furious clapping*

I don't think it's about attention. I just feel most confident when I have been given all the facts (or what I think is enough facts to draw a conclusion from). It's like reading the fine print before signing a contract. (Another reason why I hate clouding of consciousness). I actually hate reading books and I don't read them. They're so long. The internet is bite sized, thank god! Maybe this whole subject is why.

W

WALMART

I'm not familiar with that theory, but definitely interested in hearing it.

So basically, standard function orders are like this:

Fe or Te

Si or Ni

Fi or Te

Se or Ne

Let's say hypothetically, if you are Ne dom, I doubt Se is your very last used function. Se is probably a close second to your primary function (in developed users) or just behind the secondary... maybe even the tertiary, under certain conditions. The two theoretical orders would be like this, only spliced together in some fashion:

Ne/Ni/Ti/Te/Fe/Fi/Si/Se

and

Ne/Se/Ti/Fi/Fe/Te/Si/Ni

Reevaluating.... I'm thinking Te is in your upper stacking over Fe; you likely simply understand the value in other's subjective perceptions, giving those test results. I'm now considering XXTJ.

:shrug: I really don't know, lol. Good luck.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sort of get it. My mind works in ways I apparently can't comprehend. That's really cool.

I asked my INTP friend about it and she said the same thing as you. I don't understand! How can you guys pay that much attention? ...oh god, it must take you forever to read books! I applaud your perseverance. *furious clapping*

Who said anything about not comprehending? :p im just saying its more common for Ni being misinterpreted and misunderstood than other functions.

I don't know about your friend, but if I don't do it I miss too much detail and miss out on the wholeness of the experience. I force myself to do so.

G

Glycerine

Ni is about the box and turning it various different ways to see different angles. It is about perceiving and picking up different nuances about the box. This also means that there can be an element of perspective bending, Since it can be so nuanced, it can come off as "beating a dead horse" to outside observers. Another aspect of it is putting information into a relevant context for the Ni user (summarizing, gleaming overall patterns and themes) as opposed to brainstorming.