• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me. I don't bite.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I was reluctant to ask for help on here, but a friend of mine who's a user on here bribed me into it - [MENTION=15963]Aleda[/MENTION]. Careful, she's an ENTJ, and by nature extremely vicious. she threatened to take away my wifi if i said no. help me

I'm not quite sure where to start with this, so I'll begin with saying that my Enneagram tritype is 451, core 4w3, because that seems to assist with typing to some degree. I've been interested in typology for a long time now and know a good amount about the functions. I've successfully roped most of my family and friends into letting me survey them so I could know their type, I'm just not sure about my own. So, since this site doesn't seem to have any handy surveys available (perhaps I overlooked some details) I'll tell you guys some things that may/may not be helpful for my typing.

* I've taken functions tests before. Most recently I've scored INTJ, INFJ, and ENFJ (on one I just took now) but my results obviously vary depending on my mood.
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.45
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.255
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.935
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||| 6.76
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||| 6.16
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||| 5.17
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||| 4
Extroverted Sensation (Se) |||| 1.03

* I think I'm pretty introverted. I genuinely love being around people at some times, but there's only so much people time I can handle before I feel on the brink of implosion. I do get major fuzzies from helping people, though.

* My brain is a big catalog of ideas, theories, questions, and associations. Ever seen BBC Sherlock's Mind Palace? That's how I work when I need to remember something.

* I like music with lyrics that are open for interpretation. Although I appreciate them in their appropriate time, songs with lyrics like "you broke my heart and it hurt me" or "dancing at the club with a beautiful lady" or "tonight we're gonna drink tequila 'til we die" don't appeal to me as much as songs that have lyrics like this.

* I consider myself fairly witty, although I often end up with a serious case of l'espirit d'escalier. I always feel bad when I've pushed too much or gotten too angry too fast, which happens when I get stressed out.

* I'm a glutton for knowledge! I don't have a great mind for details, but I do have a great mind for facts. (And song lyrics. I know thousands of songs by heart.)

* I've been teased since the early days of youth for being a scatterbrain and very out-of-touch with what goes on around me. "Are you okay? You look sad," says the concerned acquaintance who has noticed me staring at the same spot on the floor for the last 10 minutes. I'm perfectly fine, I was just wondering what would happen if I hopped in a time machine, traveled a century back, and invented the internet.

* I have trouble starting projects, but not much trouble completing. I can get tunnel vision for a particular project that I'm interested in. Terrible multitasker, though. The whole P/J thing is murky for me because I have a lot of 'P traits' (messy room, scattered, spontaneous side, losing things constantly) but I also have a lot of 'J traits' (need for closure, desire for control, a bit bossy).

* My favorite type of music has got to be alternative rock with ambient influence. My favorite type of art is surrealism. My favorite type of humor is absurdism (surreal humor, if you will). Yeah. I've always liked that kind of creepy surreal stuff.

* Somehow I've struck an inconsistent balance between being completely tuned out of my environment and being too tuned in. I certainly have a problem with environmental detachment (derealization, I believe, is the technical term) although that's probably not too closely related to type.

* I like thinking about the future in a really abstract sense. I don't plan every detail of it, but I think about the future years ahead quite a bit; I like to think of the future as kind of this story that's unfolding before me every day and I couldn't be more excited for it.

* I do more research than people give me credit for. If I ask an external source for help, it's after I've collected all the knowledge I can about my situation, considered possibilities, ruled things out, gone back, done it over again, "maybe" and "what if"-ed everything, and the likes -- I'm a pretty independent person.

* I don't have the best memory, so one thing that grates me about other people is when they press me to remember things that I don't. I think it's much more useful to observe the present and future, because the past can be interpreted in so many different ways that it's almost not worth trying. I'm bad at wording this, but basically, I believe one should not dwell too much on what has happened if the future is more promising.

* I'm still trying to figure out precisely what reality is, because being a bit of a loony person, I haven't seen any proof that the world exists so it very well may not. It's kind of a Schrodinger's cat thing. If you haven't proven that the world is real, the concept of reality is sort of in limbo, it both exists and doesn't exist. I told you I'm loony!

Sorry if I seem like I'm rambling. I don't consider myself much of a rambler because all of my "rambles" are linked directly to the subject at hand, but I can understand why others would perceive my style of talking as a bit long-winded. Also, I may have misjudged the relevance of what I said. It might actually just be pointless rambles that don't assist you typing me in any way. Perhaps I should have nicked a questionnaire off another site.

Anyone who takes the time to read and evaluate that mass of text up there gets a free internet hug. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Being a 4w3, I love talking about myself. (I jest. No, I don't, I'm actually kind of serious about that.)

Nicki

Retired
You come off incredibly INFJ by your description IMO.

W

WALMART

E.......

X.......

F.......

J.

Probably a sensor. Maybe a thinker. Almost certain on your J typing, and your extroversion.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
E.......

X.......

F.......

J.

Probably a sensor. Maybe a thinker. Almost certain on your J typing, and your extroversion.

Really? Interesting. I don't consider myself to have Tx as a weak spot, though, and Ti is inferior for Fe doms. Do you maybe want to give a more in-depth analysis?

W

WALMART

Really? Interesting. I don't consider myself to have Tx as a weak spot, though, and Ti is inferior for Fe doms. Do you maybe want to give a more in-depth analysis?

I view Fe as a modifying position for Te, which would make Te higher in your function stack than Ti. I'll write you out something when I get to my comp, formatting text on my phone sucks.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I view Fe as a modifying position for Te, which would make Te higher in your function stack than Ti. I'll write you out something when I get to my comp, formatting text on my phone sucks.

I'm not familiar with that theory, but definitely interested in hearing it.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (80%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (85%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (0%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (35%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (35%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - infj

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.8)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Who am I?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are you. Duh.
Based off what you've given, I pronounce you INFJ.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
You are you. Duh.
Based off what you've given, I pronounce you INFJ.

Some people think I'm INFJ and I relate to the descriptions, but I don't understand Ni very well, so I have no idea. Do you have any analyses to give? Thanks for feedback btw.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
I woudln't trust that "********" test, the keys2cognition one. It is purposely vague. Just look at it's FAQ . My result was weird too: (top 4) Ne 41, Si 39.6, Fi 36.7, Te 35.3, Ti 34.7, so I'm not sure if the result is useful for actual type applications.

Some people think I'm INFJ and I relate to the descriptions, but I don't understand Ni very well, so I have no idea. Do you have any analyses to give? Thanks for feedback btw.
I learned Ni was like "You have internal ideas and patterns in your mind, and look for how to make them correct or substance behind the theory." Ne usually has brainstorming brought up with it, so Ni is kind of like reverse brainstorming. It's like a question is asked and Ne will respond by listing new ideas in what feels like an "outwards" process. On the other hand, Ni, generates it's own patterns internally, it pulls things in that it thinks fit the the trend (almost like it asks the question "Does ______ fit with this pattern/idea/concept?"). Do you get what I'm saying? Ne looks out and expands, whereas Ni would pulls things in. Both work on generating new possibilities though. Ni I think it more deeper and precise since it already has patterns to start with, and needs something to fill them in now. It has a purpose, something to start with, but Ne will just look for patterns in data it already has, and you can probably come up with all sorts of patterns out of nothing, even if they don't really exist. That means there may be more possibiities but less viable ones. INTJs are called strategiests and I can see why. Ni helps to give them an idea or something to pursue, and then Te start pulling in data shoving it up against the rules Ni is creating. This is probably why they are more realistic and action oriented. I hear "Does it work?" brought up with them and that sentence alone feels like Ni/Te in action.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I woudln't trust that "********" test, the keys2cognition one. It is purposely vague. Just look at it's FAQ . My result was weird too: (top 4) Ne 41, Si 39.6, Fi 36.7, Te 35.3, Ti 34.7, so I'm not sure if the result is useful for actual type applications.

I learned Ni was like "You have internal ideas and patterns in your mind, and look for how to make them correct or substance behind the theory." Ne usually has brainstorming brought up with it, so Ni is kind of like reverse brainstorming. It's like a question is asked and Ne will respond by listing new ideas in what feels like an "outwards" process. On the other hand, Ni, generates it's own patterns internally, it pulls things in that it thinks fit the the trend (almost like it asks the question "Does ______ fit with this pattern/idea/concept?"). Do you get what I'm saying? Ne looks out and expands, whereas Ni would pulls things in. Both work on generating new possibilities though. Ni I think it more deeper and precise since it already has patterns to start with, and needs something to fill them in now. It has a purpose, something to start with, but Ne will just look for patterns in data it already has, and you can probably come up with all sorts of patterns out of nothing, even if they don't really exist. That means there may be more possibiities but less viable ones. INTJs are called strategiests and I can see why. Ni helps to give them an idea or something to pursue, and then Te start pulling in data shoving it up against the rules Ni is creating. This is probably why they are more realistic and action oriented. I hear "Does it work?" brought up with them and that sentence alone feels like Ni/Te in action.

Sort of, yeah. Like, I get ideas inside my head of things I want to do, and if it's something artistic I always get frustrated with myself because I try to implement my ideas into reality, but don't know how to about it. I think I sometimes look out, but generally my idea making process goes on in my head and a lot of the things I think of, I keep to myself. Also, am I right in saying that extroverted = breadth, introverted = depth (in the functions)? Because I'm not that good at "juggling multiple possibilities" like people say Ne is, I usually pick one idea and follow it further than I would if I had a lot of them. At the same time, though, I use external things for inspiration, and there are some times when I think multiple possibilities could be true -- usually with things that cannot be proven, as I said, the Schrodinger's sort of thing. I'm still not totally sure I get the difference; I brainstorm but I usually rule out the strategies I find illogical and only voice ones I think could really work, if I'm brainstorming around other people. I could come up with patterns out of nothing if I'm joking. I always reword the letters in things to make something totally different when I'm joking with friends.

What makes Ne extroverted and Ni introverted?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on the crazy electrocuted hair with a forest within the wise person's robe and the psychic gaze avatar as well as the responces thus far presented - INFJ.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Based on the crazy electrocuted hair with a forest within the wise person's robe and the psychic gaze avatar as well as the responces thus far presented - INFJ.

Yes, my avatar is also probably what I look like on a bad day.
Or a good day.
(Remedios Varo is great. And thanks for the feedback. I guess I have an INFJ-y vibe.)

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
Also, am I right in saying that extroverted = breadth, introverted = depth (in the functions)?
I would say this is a good description. Extroverted functions can be more action/result based and with generalizations. Introversion explores something deeper.

I usually pick one idea and follow it further than I would if I had a lot of them. At the same time, though, I use external things for inspiration, and there are some times when I think multiple possibilities could be true -- usually with things that cannot be proven, as I said, the Schrodinger's sort of thing.
This sounds like Ni/Fe, INFJ ish.

I'm still not totally sure I get the difference; I brainstorm but I usually rule out the strategies I find illogical and only voice ones I think could really work, if I'm brainstorming around other people. I could come up with patterns out of nothing if I'm joking. I always reword the letters in things to make something totally different when I'm joking with friends.
I think Ne just attempts to consider new possibilities first (rule them out later), whereas Ni draws ideas in for a purpose (therefore if it doesnt' fit, it is ruled out faster).

What makes Ne extroverted and Ni introverted?
Do you go onto youtube? There are some pretty helpful videos. I like Dr Juice's though.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I would say this is a good description. Extroverted functions can be more action/result based and with generalizations. Introversion explores something deeper.

This sounds like Ni/Fe, INFJ ish.

I think Ne just attempts to consider new possibilities first (rule them out later), whereas Ni draws ideas in for a purpose (therefore if it doesnt' fit, it is ruled out faster).

Do you go onto youtube? There are some pretty helpful videos. I like Dr Juice's though.

Good video, I relate to the results of Ni but the process always confuses me to no end. I couldn't take in everything and not rule anything out, that's ridiculous. I've always been a notorious book skimmer when I read; my INTP friend takes her time and reads every word. I just don't get that. I figure all the words serve one purpose, to convey one image, so there's no point in getting caught up in the way every single word relates to the other, because there's a point that all of them share. I don't know if that's describing a function or a quirk, but it reminded me of some of the stuff he said about Ni vs. Ne.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
This website is one man's way of visually representing the cognitive processes to "see" how they work. I think it's an interesting representation. http://player2000gi.alotspace.com/jungian_functions.htm

I've always been a notorious book skimmer when I read; my INTP friend takes her time and reads every word. I just don't get that. I figure all the words serve one purpose, to convey one image, so there's no point in getting caught up in the way every single word relates to the other, because there's a point that all of them share.

How do you know you are getting the most accurate full image if you are leaving holes then filling them in yourself? I know what you mean though, just a counterargument. Nuance is the key word. Seeing the forest for the trees is also a good way to describe it. Some place priority on the details to create the big picture (more accuracy), while it sounds like you place priority on the total picture, filling them in and skimming along the way (more speed).