• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me plz

G

Glycerine

Okay I'm rather confused about my type. I seem to have strong Fi for an ENTJ considering it's my inferior function and I'm 14 years old. But then, with the things I've gone through in life (abusive parents, depression to the point of being suicidal, bullying, living in a backwards smalltown, etc.) maybe my development has accelerated? There are no articles or threads about how those events could affect your type so I'm creating a thread.

E
-I get energized by conversations
-I always carry a conversation.
-I hate bad conversationalists with a passion.
-I don't really have a filter, I say whatever's on my mind
-I'm not too reflective
-A conversation a day keeps the depression away
I
-I was painfully shy when I was young.
-I'm always the quietest person in class (I'm kind of a misanthrope)
-In middle school, I blossomed and became waaay more people-oriented, that could be my auxiliary developing at this age

S
-I can slightly detail oriented
-I have Se oriented hobbies
-I'm a perfectionist who notices every detail in my projects
N
-I'm incredibly oblivious to my external environment
-I daydream constantly
-I'm very future oriented, I live for lifelong plans
-I find reality really limiting
-I find the future exciting.

F
-I try not to invalidate others feelings
-I abide by my moral rules constantly, there are no excuses
-I try not to be unnecessarily offensive
-I can't resist helping others no matter how stressed out or tired I am
-I play therapist a lot and I like to listen to others
-I love listening to other people's stories and getting to know them
-Nothing gets on my nerves more than people who treat someone else's feelings as less than the truth
-I try to be as accepting as possible
T
-When I'm bored with a relationship, I tend to create conflict for the fun of it
-I don't shy away from arguments/debates
-I find conflict thrilling
-I end relationships as soon as I suspect that someone isn't respecting me and I don't look back-Neither T or F. It means you have boundaries.
-I'm very competitive- Neither T or F e3 could be part of it
-I need to master subjects and I love to learn- Neither T or F
-I had a problem in middle school with offending everybody either accidentally or on purpose- could be either, kids are obnoxious that way.
-When I was younger, I found it fun to piss people off to get reactions
-I used to be awkward when making friends- neither T or F
-I compartmentalize my feelings in order to get things done
-My accomplishments and abilities define me.- e3
-I'm a mostly apathetic person
-When I was younger, I used to be seriously aggressive-EJ. Lol

P
-I have trouble making decisions because I want to make the best possible decision.
J
-I hate indecisive people
-I want to make decisions right away
-I have to be productive at all times
-When I was 12, I felt very uncomfortable because I didn't have my entire life mapped out
-I have a lot of planning journals and I find long range planning really energizing.
I took some notes.

Nicki

Retired
Fe is all about the interpersonal considerations and how one's actions and words/reactions may or may not affect others and how their actions and words/reactions may or may not affect you. Because of this, some may be highly conflict avoidant and live for group harmony but others can be highly manipulative and ruthless. However, most aren't on either extreme. Social protocol may be used as a guideline but Fe users aren't typically drones to them. You can have several Fe doms in a room but all of them disagree on what to focus on/best course of action because each will have a different set of values.

Example from your OP: A person is disrespecting me. I will consider why they might be doing that, how valuable/relevant the relationship is to me, cost/benefit of the relationship. If it is worth it for me, I will try to work on it with the other person. If not, I won't bother and will door slam them and won't care about them.

Hmm I see. I do identify with that but I'm also a type 3 sx/so which might come into play. I do the same too.

G

Glycerine

Regardless of your type, I did relate to a good chunk of your OP but I will never be as driven as you. Lol :)

G

Glycerine

Thanks! Would an Fe dom have a problem with offending people so much though?

Not necessarily. if they aren't aware about how they were coming off, or just truly didn't care, or that isn't part of their goal or values, Fe doms can be quite offensive and aggressive. Just because one is concerned about social nuances, it doesn't mean that they are aware of how they are coming off or are willing to respect them.

Plus with me, I was abused a little as a kid so I had (still occasionally have) a rebellious, anti-authority "screw you" energy where I would do and say to get a rise out of people just for kicks. I am not sure if it is the same with you though. Also kids will be kids.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd venture to say Fe dom has a real talent for offending folks intentionally, when they feel like it.
My face is very still unless you're talking about something that interests me. Then I light up like a Christmas tree. Do you become more animated when the subject is close to your heart?

Nicki

Retired
Not necessarily. if they aren't aware about how they were coming off, or just truly didn't care, or that isn't part of their goal or values, Fe doms can be quite offensive and aggressive. Just because one is concerned about social nuances, it doesn't mean that they are aware of how they are coming off or are willing to respect them.

Plus with me, I was abused a little as a kid so I had (still occasionally have) a rebellious, anti-authority "screw you" energy where I would do and say to get a rise out of people just for kicks. I am not sure if it is the same with you though. Also kids will be kids.

Hmm okay, how would that work?

Oh I see, how did it develop? Hmm somewhat, I hate listening to authority. Like if I want to do something and someone tells me to do it, I don't really want to do that thing anymore.

Nicki

Retired
I'd venture to say Fe dom has a real talent for offending folks intentionally, when they feel like it.
My face is very still unless you're talking about something that interests me. Then I light up like a Christmas tree. Do you become more animated when the subject is close to your heart?

Hmm okay, yeah that would make sense. Yeah I definitely become more animated when I'm passionate about something.

G

Glycerine

If one is extremely outwardly focused and doesn't introspect much, they might not know how they are coming off even if they pride themselves in being socially aware. I have known a few EXFJs like that (also me at certain phases in my life). Also, even if you are fully aware of the cause and effects your actions have on another person (their hot buttons), that doesn't mean the Fe dom will avoid it. Fe doms are humans after all. If they know your hot buttons and want to piss you off, they will most likely do it. In this way, they can easily create conflict. The mean girl queen bee is stereotypically Fe dom.

I typically hated being controlled or manipulated (or gently prodded) unless I actually really wanted to do something. So sometimes I would do or say whatever I wanted to regardless of how it might have affected the other people. It was never anything major. However, I used to cuss all the time or say inappropriate things just for kicks.

G

Glycerine

You could definitely be ENTJ but much of what you say doesn't seem to discount ENFJ either. So ENXJ close on the T/F border. Final answer!

You should consider 8 in your tritype though!

Nicki

Retired
If one is extremely outwardly focused and doesn't introspect much, they might not know how they are coming off even if they pride themselves in being socially aware. I have known a few EXFJs like that (also me at certain phases in my life). Also, even if you are fully aware of the cause and effects your actions have on another person (their hot buttons), that doesn't mean the Fe dom will avoid it. Fe doms are humans after all. If they know your hot buttons and want to piss you off, they will most likely do it. In this way, they can easily create conflict. The mean girl queen bee is stereotypically Fe dom.

I typically hated being controlled or manipulated (or gently prodded) unless I actually really wanted to do something. So sometimes I would do or say whatever I wanted to regardless of how it might have affected the other people. It was never anything major. However, I used to cuss all the time or say inappropriate things just for kicks.

Interesting, yeah that definitely makes sense.

Oh okay, why did you stop doing that?

Nicki

Retired
You could definitely be ENTJ but much of what you say doesn't seem to discount ENFJ either. So ENXJ close on the T/F border. Final answer!

You should consider 8 in your tritype though!

Thanks for helping me out! Haha I'm definitely very 8ish and I relate very much to descriptions, but I have a 1 in my tritype. The 7 in my tritype definitely has an 8 wing though.

G

Glycerine

I still hate being controlled/manipulated and am still fairly anti-authority at heart but my goal changed. I wanted to be taken more seriously and wanted more peace in my life. A lot of what I was doing was creating hell for the people I really cared about and purposely sabotaging all my relationships. I figured what was the point in that?

Also, it turns out that I have PSTD with emotional triggers (from childhood) that never got diagnosed and treated until recently so that probably didn't help the situation.

Nicki

Retired
I still hate being controlled/manipulated and am still fairly anti-authority at heart but my goal changed. I wanted to be taken more seriously and wanted more peace in my life. A lot of what I was doing was creating hell for the people I really cared about and purposely sabotaging all my relationships. I figured what was the point in that?

Also, it turns out that I have PSTD with emotional triggers (from childhood) that never got diagnosed and treated until recently so that probably didn't help the situation.

Oh okay, it's nice that you've gotten better with it.

It's funny because I'm actually considering that for myself. When were you diagnosed?

G

Glycerine

Oh really? I think a lot of the emotion criteria of the disorder can look a lot like depression or if the disorder doesn't go away and is left untreated, it can develop into depression. Just recently.

Nicki

Retired
Oh really? I think a lot of the emotion criteria of the disorder can look a lot like depression or if the disorder doesn't go away and is left untreated, it can develop into depression. Just recently.

Oh okay, yeah that would make sense. How?

G

Glycerine

This is part of the criteria for PTSD:

Criterion C: avoidant/numbing

Persistent avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma and numbing of general responsiveness (not present before the trauma), as indicated by at least three of the following:

Efforts to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations associated with the trauma
Efforts to avoid activities, places, or people that arouse recollections of the trauma
Inability to recall an important aspect of the trauma
Markedly diminished interest or participation in significant activities
Feeling of detachment or estrangement from others
Restricted range of affect (e.g., unable to have loving feelings)
Sense of foreshortened future (e.g., does not expect to have a career, marriage, children, or a normal life span)

Criterion D: hyper-arousal

Persistent symptoms of increasing arousal (not present before the trauma), indicated by at least two of the following:

Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Irritability or outbursts of anger
Difficulty concentrating
Hyper-vigilance
Exaggerated startle response

If one has specific triggers that they are unaware of and it keeps being triggered, the presenting symptoms can look like depression/anxiety or eventually become it (other anxiety/mood disorders are highly comorbid with PTSD). Even if the depression/anxiety gets treated, if the root problem isn't being resolved, the individual may keep having problems coping with things (for some, PTSD goes away on its own).

If you had bullying on top of abusive parents, I wouldn't be surprised if you have/had it. But then again some people never develop it. I think it depends on a number of factors (level of resilency, level of optimism/hopefulness, level of support, whether or not one feels/is powerless in the situation, whether or not one had other risks/was already fragile from other hardships, amount of effective coping skills, how much one can understand and knows about the situation).

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Okay I'm rather confused about my type. I seem to have strong Fi for an ENTJ considering it's my inferior function and I'm 14 years old. But then, with the things I've gone through in life (abusive parents, depression to the point of being suicidal, bullying, living in a backwards smalltown, etc.) maybe my development has accelerated? There are no articles or threads about how those events could affect your type so I'm creating a thread.

E
-I get energized by conversations
-I always carry a conversation.
-I hate bad conversationalists with a passion.
-I don't really have a filter, I say whatever's on my mind
-I'm not too reflective
-A conversation a day keeps the depression away
I
-I was painfully shy when I was young.
-I'm always the quietest person in class (I'm kind of a misanthrope)
-In middle school, I blossomed and became waaay more people-oriented, that could be my auxiliary developing at this age

S
-I can slightly detail oriented
-I have Se oriented hobbies
-I'm a perfectionist who notices every detail in my projects
N
-I'm incredibly oblivious to my external environment
-I daydream constantly
-I'm very future oriented, I live for lifelong plans
-I find reality really limiting
-I find the future exciting.

F
-I try not to invalidate others feelings
-I abide by my moral rules constantly, there are no excuses
-I try not to be unnecessarily offensive
-I can't resist helping others no matter how stressed out or tired I am
-I play therapist a lot and I like to listen to others
-I love listening to other people's stories and getting to know them
-Nothing gets on my nerves more than people who treat someone else's feelings as less than the truth
-I try to be as accepting as possible
T
-When I'm bored with a relationship, I tend to create conflict for the fun of it
-I don't shy away from arguments/debates
-I find conflict thrilling
-I end relationships as soon as I suspect that someone isn't respecting me and I don't look back
-I'm very competitive
-I need to master subjects and I love to learn
-I had a problem in middle school with offending everybody either accidentally or on purpose
-When I was younger, I found it fun to piss people off to get reactions
-I used to be awkward when making friends
-I compartmentalize my feelings in order to get things done
-My accomplishments and abilities define me.
-I'm a mostly apathetic person
-When I was younger, I used to be seriously aggressive

P
-I have trouble making decisions because I want to make the best possible decision.
J
-I hate indecisive people
-I want to make decisions right away
-I have to be productive at all times
-When I was 12, I felt very uncomfortable because I didn't have my entire life mapped out
-I have a lot of planning journals and I find long range planning really energizing.
I vote ENTJ.

Nicki

Retired
This is part of the criteria for PTSD:

Criterion C: avoidant/numbing

Persistent avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma and numbing of general responsiveness (not present before the trauma), as indicated by at least three of the following:

Efforts to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations associated with the trauma
Efforts to avoid activities, places, or people that arouse recollections of the trauma
Inability to recall an important aspect of the trauma
Markedly diminished interest or participation in significant activities
Feeling of detachment or estrangement from others
Restricted range of affect (e.g., unable to have loving feelings)
Sense of foreshortened future (e.g., does not expect to have a career, marriage, children, or a normal life span)

Criterion D: hyper-arousal

Persistent symptoms of increasing arousal (not present before the trauma), indicated by at least two of the following:

Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Irritability or outbursts of anger
Difficulty concentrating
Hyper-vigilance
Exaggerated startle response

If one has specific triggers that they are unaware of and it keeps being triggered, the presenting symptoms can look like depression/anxiety or eventually become it (other anxiety/mood disorders are highly comorbid with PTSD). Even if the depression/anxiety gets treated, if the root problem isn't being resolved, the individual may keep having problems coping with things (for some, PTSD goes away on its own).

If you had bullying on top of abusive parents, I wouldn't be surprised if you have/had it. But then again some people never develop it. I think it depends on a number of factors (level of resilency, level of optimism/hopefulness, level of support, whether or not one feels/is powerless in the situation, whether or not one had other risks/was already fragile from other hardships, amount of effective coping skills, how much one can understand and knows about the situation).

I actually identify with a lot of the symptoms. Oh okay, I see. It would definitely be possible. Yeah, I understand that. What caused you to develop PTSD?