• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP, INFP, ISTP...no idea! (I am VERY complex for an 18 year old male!)

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I've taken the myers-briggs test about 5 times already and have gotten different results, the latest being INTP after tons of tweaking and thinking, but have went back and forth between INTP and INFP and it is a very close call. But I think a lot(overthink things through/contemplate a lot) leading me to lean towards a T a little more than an F, although I have some F characteristics. The 3 questions that seemed to be the tipping point between an F and a T was "You are strongly touched by stories about people's troubles" which really was in the middle for me; I can get moved slightly if it's something I think is really fucked up, but then again, people tend to exaggerate about their issues sometimes which can annoy me, so sometimes I just brush it off. Then there was about me sympathizing with other people, it was worded as "you tend to sympathize" which isn't always the case, sometimes I can't relate to how someone is feeling because of my differing from the norm persona, then again, other times I can, so I'd say I'm in the middle there as well. The interesting thing though is that there was a similar question asking if I empathized with other people's concerns, or from what I can comprehend, is basically understanding and feeling concern or sadness to someone's issues (something psychologists are good at? just an ametur perception) which I am actually somewhat decent at. The last one was my emotions affecting my actions, which is usually the case unless I push myself, in which sometimes I have no choice. But overall, I would lean towards that being a yes, that my emotions affect my short term actions, but not long term.

I've also been trying to figure out my cognitive function lineup as well, which will likely determine my personality type. I've been digging deeper into my type through cognitive functions to see if it was accurate since I got INTP on most of my tests (although when I retook some, I got INTJ, or ENTP) but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I speculate all kinds of possibilities seemingly using Ti+Ne, but can predict the outcomes of certain things based on how someone feels or past situations using Ni, I experience Si when I'm reminded of certain situations in the past where I encounter a certain smell, and associate certain senses with feelings, but I apparently may use Se too since I can learn from my senses pretty well, and can woodwork pretty well (I've made a couple decent pens). I try to help people and give them a chance no matter how they appear (Fe) but if someone gets offended by what I say and asks me to reevaluate my opinion based off of how othe rpeople felt, I would stand by it unless there was logically a better opinion (Fi). So in general, there's a chance I'm either INTP, ISTP, INFP, ENTP, INTJ, ISFJ, fuck there are so many possibilities. I am so stumped. I realize you can't use all 8 functions, or prefer to use 4 main functions.

Here's a little more about me:

I overthink everything, and am always looking for answers and solutions.
I can percieve how certain things may develop over time.
I am anti generic/conventional, and differ from the norm in terms of feeling and insight.
I can get emotionally attached to people I admire easily.
I am slightly scatterbrained (could be fueled by ADHD/anxiety)
I love to experiment with my activities and interests (like music and cooking) I am reserved in general, with minor spurts of extraversion.
I have a crude and at times offensive sense of humor, yet trying to develop it into a more insightful and intiuitive sense of humor (think Louis C.K, George Carlin)
Can describe and percieve emotions and feelings well, and can sympathize well, if I can relate to them. If someone is upset over something that I don't think is really a big deal, I can't relate, therefore I can't sympathize.
Think society is superficial, shallow, and lacks logic and rationale. Sometimes, while respecting it, can argue or question someone's opinion if I am unsure or disagree.
Think knowledge is power, and feel like I have to get smarter in order to be more successful and comfortable with myself.
Interested in philosophy and psychology, and hope to pursue a career in that field in the future.
Most things seem relative to me (e.g. better late then never)
Need to get the experience or visual feel of something in order to fully understand it (this applies to hands on skills usually)
Enjoy having a wide circle of aquaintances, but for the sake of observing them to gain knowledge in my insight for how I feel about society.
Not very motivated at the moment, due to depression and anxiety.
Have trouble concentrating, mainly due to depression and anxiety.
Self conscious.
Daydream a lot about certain scenarios, and replay certain events in my head over the course of my life occasionally.
Write everything I think about myself and my feelings down to keep track of my well being.
I'm slowly becoming more of an emotional person as the years go on (I actually choked up for the first time in public, a couple days ago)
While it isn't important for me, I do enjoy the idea of fitting in to a group.
I am very mellow and laid back.
I am only minorly enthusiastic, its usually only if its something concerning or interests me.
I joke around a lot and am sarcastic.
Thinking and contemplating while listening to music gives me immense pleasure, especially during a car ride; I could ride in a car listening to music for a very long time and not get bored.
Hands on activities and fast paced discussions make me anxious, and I'm not really the biggest fan of small talk, even though I don't mind it.
I love independent activities like music and cooking where I can contemplate new ideas and experiment, it also acts as a stress reliever.
I sometimes dictate how I feel.
I tend to poke fun at certain morals sometimes, especially when it comes to relationships.
I dislike many people my age, especially more-extraverted types that conclude and judge quickly based off of image, without any rational logic. (Like for example, an E type judging anyone based off of the music they listen to, or what they do for a living)
I am sometimes inclined, if someone is making themself sound really stupid and narcissistic, to make an extreme comment (for example, if someone says something really stupid to me, I might to tell them to kill themself, even though I don't believe suicide is right)
I usually make up my mind based on if something makes sense to me, but try to apply a certain amount of logic.
Usually ask others for insight if I'm not sure about something, but not always trusting of it and can question their insight.

Viewpoints on certain things:

I think society makes our decisions based on how we feel as a whole instead of logic, and I think that's why we have so many issues. Relationships tend to fail due to focusing on feelings more than logic, since the whole "power" thing come into play here. Some people argue their points based on how they feel a lot and when a better logic based standpoint is proved to them, they get arrogant by their feelings and still stand by their opinion.

Politics are bullshit. It's a game of who has more power, instead of what really is right, or a balanced decision.

I won't even bother with religion. I think religious people take their beliefs too seriously, and focus on them instead of actually focusing on their lives and well being.
(I don't know a lot about religion and politics though, so I am open to gain more knowledge and improve my opinion.)

I think people need to poke fun at certain things more instead of taking things too seriously. It's a fucked up world, laugh at it more. (unless you want to focus on improving it, then you should take it more seriously but not TOO seriously) But we need more laughter.

People should view the glass half empty more, to see what they can improve. People can be too pompous in their half full views, and think they are fine the way they are, therefore, become rigid.

Life should be peaceful, but have polite conflict to spice things up, minus the arrogance, so we can solve problems easier.
^Does this make sense? It's still a developing thought.

People need to stop crying over spilled milk, if you know what I mean (i.e. girls dwelling over how one guy may not like them or how they are not accepted, while they are allowed to be dissapointed, they should find their flaws, focus on improving them or find hobbies to distract themselves from the disappointment while making their well being more interesting)

People need to be more open minded and less defensive when it comes to music, even though there are some real disgraces to music out there. People also shouldn't judge a well being based on the type of music they listen to. That is one of the most irrational things to do, in my opinion.

People shouldn't take things like sex so seriously, it's actually a stress reliever and it makes you feel better. However, sex can be emotionally confusing if the age gap is too wide and immaturity comes into play (i.e a 17 year old having sex with a 11 year old, or whatever.)

Also, I took the mypersonality test, and got a more confident INTP result:

53% introverted
79% intuition
79% thinking
68% perceiving

Thoughts? (I know you likely won't read all of it, for the TLDR factor)

MBTI Type
help
Enneagram
pls
I'm still pretty bad at all of this, but I'd say INTP 5w4?

W

WALMART

INTP.

No way an ISTP could write that Wall of Text, and I don't feel your feelings, I see thoughts about feelings. You lacked flair to be an ENTP and don't seem much like a J type... that one being most ambiguous.

Probably 5w4, maybe 7w8. I can see your Fi peeking through, which leads me to the former.

SX/SP.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
INTP.

No way an ISTP could write that Wall of Text, and I don't feel your feelings, I see thoughts about feelings. You lacked flair to be an ENTP and don't seem much like a J type... that one being most ambiguous.

Probably 5w4, maybe 7w8. I can see your Fi peeking through, which leads me to the former.

SX/SP.

You see, I'm not so sure (even though I'm leaning towards it) just because at times I feel like I encounter situations and use Te+Ni as well. Even though, anxiety disorders have fucked up my way of thinking and interacting with people and you have to factor in ADHD as well.

I would guess I was more Ne when I was a kid though, I loved making forts and drawing, and when I was 4 I built my own plumbing system of some sort (out of paper of course), I'm not sure how though. Then due to my unfortunate situation I may have been forced to develop some sort of Ni. MAYBE. I'm still mulling it over.

Some more detail:

I tend to use Ni (I think) when I am concerned about something. I tend to experiment here.
I tend to use Ne (I think) when I am interested about something. I can come up with all these ideas and possibilities, maybe a little slower than some people use Ne (unless I may be also concerned/interested, then I'm not sure whether I use Ne/Ni) OR when I'm thinking of something funny to say, sense of humor if you will (although Se can come into play in that zone as well)

Keep in mind anxiety disorders fucked up my thought processing system for a while, so when I'm comfortable things could be different. I DO really like the idea of getting other people's perspectives, and applying my knowledge to them to improve them if gaps need to be filled.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
You're as many people in the middle
.. but INTP seems to fit

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Also, I came up with a joke about ass-burgers (Aspergers) using Ti (I'm guessing) one day in the shower, and am wondering if it is more Ne/Ni based (Could have an Si/Se relationship too, and I'm still working on it, so...)

When you are in your childhood, you have lots of chunks of burger patties stuck in the intestines. About the time you reach puberty, you start to poop chunks of it out. Depending on the severity of your assburgers, determines the thickness of the patty and how much you poop out (if you are more mild, it is easier to poop most of the patty out, but there are still some chunks left in your intestines, so you still may appear awkward at times in different ways; if you have a more moderate or severe case, it is harder to poop it out, therefore explaining awkward mannerisms, like clumsiness, bouts of anger, etc.)

Keep in mind I'm still working on that joke so....yeah.

And when I was young, I do recall one pun-related joke I came up with when I was 7 or 8 (before my unfortunate situation occured):

"What do you call a dog that is really pretty? A HOT DOG!"

Some of these seem very Ne, yet I'm still having trouble deciding whether I'm Ne or Ni. That could be the determining factor in deciding my type, considering I think I'm Ti, Si, and Fe.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
One thing I forgot to mention: I have conversations in my head a lot (like what I would say to people + what other people would say to me) or imagine myself in a conversation. I have no idea what this correlates to.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh, your wall of text tells me you're not ISTP. tl;dr

:)D, but also 100% truthful)

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I'm leaning towards INTP or INFP; I appeared more INFP as a child, yet at the same time I also appeared more Ti-dom than Fi-dom (even though I was kind of oversensitive) and I've always kind of craved romantic-love throughout my life. Although that just has to do with loneliness, and a little curiosity.

I'm pretty sure Ne and Si are my auxillary and tertiery, it's just Ti I'm not sold on 100% in the dominant. I'm leaning towards that. I think I may be weak Fe as well, I am always accepting of other people and rules even if it sounds crazy.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I posted a video describing myself, I tend to ramble at times. This could be a possible reference.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Okay, after digging deeper into Jung cognitive functions in this thread a little bit (http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html) I am narrowing it down to the three types suggested in the title (INTP, ISTP, INFP). Or to break it down further, mainly IxTP, with an offbeat chance of INFP.
I'll break it down:

Why I think I'm Ti-dom (80-90% sure):

-I question almost everything, and I am always contemplating and introspecting. I have to have a period of contemplation on something before I can make an opinion (basically, I take external information (facts, opinions, insight, etc.), check for accuracy, take out what is irrelevant, mix in related internal information and form an information pool, and form an idea that doesn't conclude [or is close to conclude, or an open conclusion] Basically, I form my own little opinion based on past data I have collected and opinions I have formed, correlating with recent external data that seems accurate and makes sense to me.
-If I am in the right mindset, I like figuring out how systems work, so everything related to it can make sense to me.

Why I could be Fi-dom
-I used to (and still on the off-chance) think about the consequences of something based on if it was wrong (like stealing, I told myself it was wrong just because it was hailed "wrong" by society's standards) Then again, I was told what was right and wrong when I was a kid, and I sheepishly followed along with it, considering I wasn't quite developed yet.

Here is the main difference between INTP and ISTP that is perplexing to me, and leaving me trying to figure this out. It's a battle of if I have Se in my Auxiliary, or Si in my Tertiary.

Why I could be Se-aux:

-Very recently, I started paying attention and trying to improve my appearance (I mentioned this in the video above). Not so much physical, like working out (I actually don't really care about being in shape much) but moreso the clothes I am wearing (my style).
-I have payed attention to my surroundings and observed what trends there are, or what a group could be into (for example, when I was 15, a group of friends/acquaintances liked playing drums, so I thought it was cool; so to try to fit in, I got into drums. I was kind of a sheep then, though, so I am less likely to participate in conventional trends and just develop my own traits, taste in music, hobbies, and style).
-If I am in the right mindset, at ease (not stressed), and in a good mood, I can live in the moment, to an extent.
-Certain aesthetics can fascinate and stimulate me, but not have a strong effect on my mood.
-I want to have new experiences, and travel (but this mainly has to do with me not having many experiences in my life, in my 18 mundane years of existence)

Why I could be Si-tert:

-I am nostalgic, actually going way back when I was 10 years old or so (leading me once to consider the possibility of me being Si-dom, or an ISFJ, but that seems very unlikely)
-I attach certain memories to certain objects or music (this happens often, not just memories but actual thoughts in my head at a time!)
-I am sometimes reminded of a previous situation, by being in a similar situation related to a previous situation.
-Sometimes I have an experience or moment that I have been in, that stood out for whatever reason to me (peaceful, fascinating, etc.) and try to replicate it.
-I have a strong internal memory of different tastes and smells, and am reminded of experiences associated with that piece of sensory data.

I also have come to an open conclusion (flexible conclusion that is open to more data if possible) that while I can relate to some Ni traits, I have more of an Ne preference. (For an idea of my Ne, see this thread (I'm the OP): http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/132963-crazy-intp-ideas-theories.html).

Thoughts would be appreciated.

surfing_usa_timez

MBTI Type
EwwP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I ain't no MBTI expert, haha. I'd ask somewhat who knows a lot about the subject.