User Tag List

View Poll Results: Traits that you see (Multiple options welcome!)

17. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

3 17.65%
  • ENFP

2 11.76%
  • INFJ

3 17.65%
  • ENFJ

8 47.06%
  • Fe

12 70.59%
  • Te

1 5.88%
  • Ni

12 70.59%
  • Ne

4 23.53%
  • Fi

0 0%
  • Ti

4 23.53%
  • Enneagram 1

2 11.76%
  • Enneagram 2

3 17.65%
  • Enneagram 3

12 70.59%
  • Enneagram 4

0 0%
  • Enneagram 5

2 11.76%
  • Enneagram 6

5 29.41%
  • sp

5 29.41%
  • sx

0 0%
  • so

11 64.71%
  • [others]

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot (at me, bologna)

Default Shoot (at me, bologna)

First: I'm actually looking for feedback on how I come across from perspectives of all sorts of systems--not just the Enneagram. I post here because I trust the assessments of those who are drawn to the Enneagram much more than those who are drawn to MBTI. Seriously.

So, throw in core Enneagram, tritype, instinctual stacking, MBTI--even DISC or classical temperament or M:tG color or Sex and the City character or what have you. They all chip away at the core from different angles.

I have my own ideas, but I'm looking for others'. Sometimes, I'm surprised; virtually always, I'm curious.

While I'm also looking for feedback on instinctual stacking, I also think that I may come across as more group-focused than I actually feel. Because, y'know, rallying groups is the virtuous thing to do, and virtue is a good thing to have and to portray. Not that I'm not other-focused, but I often like making my impact from a distance. .. if that makes any sense at all. See quote #5 below.

Some choice posts. I think that they're fairly representative of my thought process. Some of them probably sound much more insecure than I actually am; but that's the nature of ruminating and philosophizimating from a particular angle of many, trying to meet others on their playing field when they need advice, and so on. And if you dig deep enough, you can always find something--it's a matter of choice whether you let it get you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Here's something that's been churning in my brain but that I'm not ready for feedback on. A random thought.

Sooo.. lots and lots of texts tell us that karmic justice is part of the natural order of the universe and that unjust acts will be punished--so we ought not worry about seeking revenge ourselves. Some even say that making judgments is outside of our scope.

But surely, part of that natural 'punishment' is society's gavel, though--be it through social shaming, incarceration, praising, etc.? On the other side of the coin, doesn't society praise behaviors that it regards as 'just'? And as part of society, aren't we as individuals a part of the machinery that restores natural order or doles out natural punishment, at least in very, very small ways?

I have no way of getting this across coherently or meaningfully. By punishment I don't particularly mean.. you know, punishment; there's no clear definition for 'just,' and so on.

But there's that. This is why, when I'm asked when I'm thinking, I usually respond with--"Nothing."
    One of my students is a very, very high-energy person--passionate about what he does, spontaneous, excitable, with no economy of words and often scattered. I've determined that my primary role is to motivate him and to focus/channel/direct his energy and his efforts, so we work very well together.

I can "switch it on" for a while--I can be a passionate and lively speaker and entertainer, and I like to catch attention--but I do highly appreciate periods of 'disengagement.' Those periods are a chance to sharpen the saw--to organize and collect thoughts, to piece together the ol' mental model of the outside world, to get my bearings straight for the next go 'round. My brain's always churning away, even when my body isn't.
    While I used to care about what 'the entire world' thought, I realized that I fared better by 'fitting in by standing out'--subverting 'the game,' turning it upside down, and so on. "Damn, there goes a unique individual. A true pioneer," they'd say. .. ideally.
    I have a tendency to want to forget everything before the present moment, because it's immaterial. Even if what I've been through has made me somewhat of a role model, and even if I can recall those experiences for my own betterment and the betterment of others, I'd still choose to ignore them (or at least treat them objectively or from a distance) if possible. It's as if the person way back then was 'not me,' that adversity is absolutely great so long as it's actually been overcome, and that I'd rather not be reminded of the 'failure' I used to be, thank you very much.
    I outright mentor those who work for me and we're very vulnerable with one another. We know each other pretty well, which, among other things, provides context in the work environment. My opinion is that people are of the utmost importance and that we ought to be able to cut through our bullshit, and I strive for higher positions to increase my sphere of influence both for my gain and so I can fix this sort of culture to the extent that I can.

I used to have a bit of anxiety about being judged or rejected by those who were important to me, and it was difficult to find "safe" atmospheres. In keeping with my last answer above, I decided instead to create those safe atmospheres.
    Officially struck ground on a masters degree in psych. I'm wussing out and only taking one course toward it next semester, though. But I think it's warranted because I have some other stuff going on, like trying to finish up another degree.
    [My current degrees are in] Electrical engineering, systems engineering (focusing on decision analysis and human factors), and modeling (the mathematical kind, focusing on cognitive and behavioral modeling).

Basically, I work with virtually everything that intersects technology and the human element--including training, visualization, data correlation, assessments, etc.--but I mostly tackle models of how we think.

Psychology would simply round out the set, providing more context for what I'm already concentrating on. Also, it'd give me another credential, which is half the reason I'm doing it.
    Sort mulling about the question of how much I should 'crack the whip' of self-discipline in general, for its own sake and for my own growth. External feedback tells me that I'm doing great, but I've always been one to push myself and set standards that are way too high. It's healthy when it's motivating; it's not so healthy when 'failing' becomes distressing. I do simply get my ass back on the horse when the latter happens.

And, for the first time in.. well, possibly ever, I told someone that I could use their help. Namely, that the fiancee and I can work together to keep each other accountable and to help each other grow--to be the best that we can be, to sharpen ourselves against one another, and so on.

It also has the benefit of helping with the whole 'intimacy' thing, which is good. Something that I've struggled with--as it's easier to admit up to having overcome struggles on one's own than to be going through them.
    Last edited by garbage; 12-22-2012 at 11:25 AM.

For what it's worth, other than my sometimes anxious and depressing tone/energy in my posts, I always thought we had a sorta similar expression of our ideas (although you are much wordier than I... lol). I wouldn't be surprised if you were 359 (The Thinker Archetype) or 351 (The Technical Expert Archetype).... leaning way more towards 351 for you though.

INFJ sounds good though because you come off very definitive and deliberate in a J sort of way... with a strong use of Ni and Fe.

I am unsure of the instinct but so seems very strong in you.

Cool, thanks!

I threw up a poll, but it's a bit non-standard.

I voted in the poll myself, but I didn't preclude options that aren't 'supposed' to exist together--I voted for Fe and Te, and Ne and Ni both, for example, because I could very well see those in myself to various degrees, because, hey, why the hell not? And the theorists all cringe.

I also left out some of the obviously-not choices, but if I'm wrong about what's obviously-not, post about it. If I'm an Si-dom, I want to hear about it!

173 so/sx

I voted Ni...
    ^ ...because that.

Also you've always seemed very 3 to me. I've seen you talk about "faking it til you make it", and your whole vibe is very accomplished, intellectual, always doing something new and aiming to impress. Your vibe, in videos, is extremely calculated. I'm thinking your tritype is 35x, maybe 351.

The Technical Expert
    -Highly rational, you seek systems and procedures. Detail oriented, you like mathematic concepts and finding ways to breakdown and understand complex material.
    Zero idea about Te vs. Fe, though.

I was initially skeptical of INFJ, but then I realized that I've never met an INFJ 3, but one of my good friends is an ENFJ 3, so of course I'd be biased towards ENFJ because of that.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Cloud of thunder is also INFJ 3w4 on the forum but the tritype seems different.

Senior Member Array

First: I'm actually looking for feedback on how I come across from perspectives of all sorts of systems--not just the Enneagram. I post here because I trust the assessments of those who are drawn to the Enneagram much more than those who are drawn to MBTI. Seriously.

Yes I'm aware of the irony.

5w6 sp/sx

My impression is En 3, ESFJ with a well developed Ne, sx last.

6w7 sp/sx

you vibe as an ENFP to me a lot of the time right off the bat.
    I see Ne pretty strong, however, it's more "Ne +F" than Ne plus Fi per se.
    That leads me to ENFP, ENTP, or ESFJ. I tend to vie more towards Fe for you, so like, gut instinct may be ENFP, but after closer diagnosis it's more ENTP or ESFJ. ENFJ is also a vague possibility, but Ni is kind of a stretch. I find it unlikely that you're an Ni dom.

So, in order. ENTP. ESFJ. ENFP. ENFJ.

You don't scream anything ennea, I have trouble diagnosing 3's but you have a socially oriented vibe. You also have that constant thinking/ dualities thing going on which could make you a 6- (though I don't have a gut instinct about you as a 6.)

Instinctual- so first.

Thank you. (Organizes papers and tries to step away from podium but falls down with papers falling everywhere, somebody has to call 911 and my speech goes on the news and then everyone in the world laughs.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Huh, you guys are pretty helpful. Among other things, it's very interesting to me how much Enneagram 3 absolutely trumps the others in your collective eyes. It was the first type that folks at an Enneagram forum out there gave me after my very first introductory post, too--they were extremely definite about it.

Part of my own bias toward Enneagram is likely because it fits pretty well (though I do have other reasons..)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    you vibe as an ENFP to me a lot of the time right off the bat.
    I see Ne pretty strong, however, it's more "Ne +F" than Ne plus Fi per se.
    This makes sense. I don't see much in terms of Fi myself, either. I've seen one or two others others on this forum vacillate between ENTP and INFJ because they see, say, 'intuition + Fe + Ti' in themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Your vibe, in videos, is extremely calculated. I'm thinking your tritype is 35x, maybe 351.
    How freakin' true. I do feel that much of what I do is extremely calculated--or at least practiced so that it can be calculated.

Good ol' control through prediction, categorization, and mental models.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think I'll be very helpful at typing you with precision, it's not something that I excel at - but I will say that you seem FAR more Fe than Fi to me.

EDIT: You do remind me of myself in some respects But you also seem more...polished and "presented". So, I could certainly see you as xNFJ but probably with an different enneagram from my own. If you are anxious you hide it better than someone like myself.
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx