User Tag List

View Poll Results: Traits that you see (Multiple options welcome!)

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

3 17.65%
  • ENFP

2 11.76%
  • INFJ

3 17.65%
  • ENFJ

8 47.06%
  • Fe

12 70.59%
  • Te

1 5.88%
  • Ni

12 70.59%
  • Ne

4 23.53%
  • Fi

0 0%
  • Ti

4 23.53%
  • Enneagram 1

2 11.76%
  • Enneagram 2

3 17.65%
  • Enneagram 3

12 70.59%
  • Enneagram 4

0 0%
  • Enneagram 5

2 11.76%
  • Enneagram 6

5 29.41%
  • sp

5 29.41%
  • sx

0 0%
  • so

11 64.71%
  • [others]

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm just going to guess, based on the little I've read. ENTP or ENFX. Does this help? lol

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

From my interactions with you, I'd say ENFJ 3w2 so-first. This post to me is quintessentially Fe+Ni:

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Here's something that's been churning in my brain but that I'm not ready for feedback on. A random thought.

Sooo.. lots and lots of texts tell us that karmic justice is part of the natural order of the universe and that unjust acts will be punished--so we ought not worry about seeking revenge ourselves. Some even say that making judgments is outside of our scope.

But surely, part of that natural 'punishment' is society's gavel, though--be it through social shaming, incarceration, praising, etc.? On the other side of the coin, doesn't society praise behaviors that it regards as 'just'? And as part of society, aren't we as individuals a part of the machinery that restores natural order or doles out natural punishment, at least in very, very small ways?

I have no way of getting this across coherently or meaningfully. By punishment I don't particularly mean.. you know, punishment; there's no clear definition for 'just,' and so on.

But there's that. This is why, when I'm asked when I'm thinking, I usually respond with--"Nothing."
    The fundamental concerns presented show an Fe bias (e.g., interest in society from a structural perspective and something about the meditation on justice in and of itself smacks of extroverted feeling), while the process you appear to be using is too exploratory and open-ended to be Si. This line was very Ni to me:

I have no way of getting this across coherently or meaningfully. By punishment I don't particularly mean.. you know, punishment; there's no clear definition for 'just,' and so on.
    I don't buy ENFP because I sense a strong focus on the "oughts" from you. Additionally, ENPs tend to be less manicured and more open in their presentation. Everything about EPs in general is just very blantant: the ENFPs are obviously whimsical, the ESFPs are obviously sensual, the ENTPs are obviously intellectual, the ESTPs are obviously competitive. You seem to take for granted (in a very Ni way) both signs and their manipulation to affect a certain image, rather than attending to them as gospel in the way that the SFJ crowd might. You don't seem to use Ni well enough that this interplay appears to be the point in and of itself as it would be with an INJ; Ni is in service to a dominant function. There's a point (which could be read as an agenda) with you. Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Sort of. While I used to care about what 'the entire world' thought, I realized that I fared better by 'fitting in by standing out'--subverting 'the game,' turning it upside down, and so on. "Damn, there goes a unique individual. A true pioneer," they'd say. .. ideally.
    That "ideally" is kind of the ballgame for me.

To finally discount the whole INFJ thing on a more ephemeral tip: your vibe is wrong. Ni-doms feel like black holes. INTJs are cold with sharp edges while INFJs are warmer and more refined, but in either case their expression has a vortex-like quality to it that I don't get from you. Your energy lacks the inward orientation that even So-first INFJs have. Think of someone like Vasilisa. She's INFJ so/sx. The so-first energy makes her come off "lighter" than the typical INJ without making her seem more extroverted.

So, yeah, I have a hard time seeing you as anything other than an ENFJ, and also jump on the E3 so-first bandwagon.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    From my interactions with you, I'd say ENFJ 3w2 so-first. This post to me is quintessentially Fe+Ni:

The fundamental concerns presented show an Fe bias (e.g., interest in society from a structural perspective and something about the meditation on justice in and of itself smacks of extroverted feeling), while the process you appear to be using is too exploratory and open-ended to be Si. This line was very Ni to me:
    As I wrote that bit, and especially after I looked back at it, I couldn't help but think about how much it seemed to capture Fe and Ni--not only in subject matter, but also in tone. It's looking at a people-phenomenon and musing about the multitude of possible perceptions of it--how we can and ought(!) to use the stuff.

It does also seem to incorporate at least a lil' bit of Ti in that I'm acknowledging the potential importance of crisp definitions and that I don't have them right there, but I did so in order to more clearly communicate my thoughts. That is, the definition is in service to the rest of the chain of command.

One of the general principles that's always kicking around in the back of my mind is that if one wants to be understood, then one has to make their point clearly. There are several potential intentions behind speaking or writing something, but the most important to me is usually to actually get an idea across--which makes clarity a priority. If I cared about outwardly speaking/writing in a poetic manner for its own sake, then I wouldn't have to 'caveat' it with definitions (or other language tools used to enhance precision).

That post is pretty characteristic of Fe/Ni. It also happens to be pretty well representative of my thought process, even though it's more 'half-baked' than the stuff that I usually post.
    I don't buy ENFP because I sense a strong focus on the "oughts" from you.
    I've gotten Fe + N feedback quite a bit. Under the looser definition of 'feeling,' ENFP could very well fit; under the more crisp definition of Fe, it.. well, of course, doesn't. That crisper definition is the one that we tend to roll with; so it's the one that's more prudent to use for most of the goals/discussions that the forums have.

Speaking of goals, it's worth mentioning that the word "ought" itself tends to have more of an ethical connotation than, say, "should," but I tend to use them interchangeably as per their technical definitions. They point to some end goal with some blend of pragmatism and ethics--to varying degrees, based on context.

It looks like everything I've written so far is about goals. It happens to corroborate with...
    Additionally, ENPs tend to be less manicured and more open in their presentation. Everything about EPs in general is just very blantant: the ENFPs are obviously whimsical, the ESFPs are obviously sensual, the ENTPs are obviously intellectual, the ESTPs are obviously competitive.
    I'm definitely more manicured, less open, and typically less blatant than some, and other feedback corroborates that. My thoughts are virtually never presented raw.

A manicured image describes more controlled MBTI types, but it's also a defining characteristic of Enneagram 3. It doesn't discount the more controlled MBTI types, of course, but it's difficult to ascertain the 'source'--if that makes sense. (I could muse on about whether or not that source matters, but.. nah.)
    You seem to take for granted (in a very Ni way) both signs and their manipulation to affect a certain image, rather than attending to them as gospel in the way that the SFJ crowd might. You don't seem to use Ni well enough that this interplay appears to be the point in and of itself as it would be with an INJ; Ni is in service to a dominant function. There's a point (which could be read as an agenda) with you.
    Semiotics--signs and analogies, their relationships and structure, and how we do and can use them for communication--is definitely one of my favorite areas of study. If I didn't already hold the notion that signs can't be treated as gospel, then that whole subject would've convinced me.

I could be convinced that the directionality runs either way--that mucking with perception serves certain end goals (e.g. influencing image and others' perceptions, state of the world, etc.), or that feedback from the external world services and enhances perception. I'd hope for both iteratively, and I'd hope that the question becomes immaterial enough to be.. well, outright surmountable. (That, by the way, drives my own focus on the Enneagram, which focuses on such paths of growth.)

While the primary point of this thread is to gather feedback, most of my posts do have outwardly-directed points. I'm glad that, at least, there seems to be a point in the things that I post--because, when I have a point that I want to communicate, getting across that there is a point is the obvious first step. We see how much some thoughts simply get lost in the fray.

To finally discount the whole INFJ thing on a more ephemeral tip: your vibe is wrong. Ni-doms feel like black holes. INTJs are cold with sharp edges while INFJs are warmer and more refined, but in either case their expression has a vortex-like quality to it that I don't get from you. Your energy lacks the inward orientation that even So-first INFJs have. Think of someone like Vasilisa. She's INFJ so/sx. The so-first energy makes her come off "lighter" than the typical INJ without making her seem more extroverted.

So, yeah, I have a hard time seeing you as anything other than an ENFJ, and also jump on the E3 so-first bandwagon.
    This is something I can see as a contrast between myself and some others. I definitely don't care so much about pulling others into an 'internal world,' or what have you, and the thoughts that I post are usually pretty outwardly focused. I strive for clarity and coherence most of the time, too, which can also be seen as a form of outward focus.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

ennea.. perhaps 3w2 or 2w3? I get very different vibes off of you, so sometimes it is hard to tell in general. mbti I see enfj MUCH more than infj of the ones you consistently seem to identify with. MtG? haha okay.. perhaps white/blue or white/red. In terms of socionics I could definitely see you as enfj who is attempting balance by placating your Se hidden agenda. oh.. instincts. perhaps so/sp? I don't see your posts too often, so I am unsure about a lot of these.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Definitely not ENFP.
    Also a lot of Ni going on up there.

Definitely an E-3.

My two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

garbage

Forgot to get back here and express more appreciation. Which, I suppose, in and of itself is pretty telling.
    @UniqueMixture, you inspired me to brush up on my Socionics.

This discription, in particular, lines up shockingly well with Enneagram 3 and many of the aspects of the 3 that I relate to. General tidbits that resonate with me are:
    Probably moreso than any other type, EIEs can be prone to feel as though they have no true sense of self; that the self is always changing and unstable (as their self-perceptions are highly dependent on fleeting and highly variable emotions). In some cases,
    These qualities are indirectly related to the inattention of EIEs towards interior emotional space -- emotions are not something to be dwelled on and felt deeply, they are something constantly changing to present to the outside world.
    Some EIEs gravitate towards the social role of a figure who is utterly dedicated to a cause. Many prominent EIEs literally become their cause, having an uncommonly powerful self-identification with the purposes they choose to serve. Such EIEs become the embodiment of selfless devotion to the arts, their academic field, their line of business, or any other area they work is in. Although causes come to embody some EIEs' external self-expression and vision, EIEs are not necessarily drawn towards causes. Indeed, they might adopt the vision that causes are a waste of time, and portray a more cynical, twisted, and flamboyant vision instead -- for example, the expressive visions of Salvador Dali.
    And from this, on Se:
    EIEs struggle with focus and willpower and have a need for something or someone that will focus them consistently and prod them to act despite any feelings of apprehension and doubt. EIEs know that they often need to "just do it"
    In short, I could very well see it.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Well there is a lot of overlap between ennea 3 and Se hidden agenda. In socionics Se has to do with wealth/status/power/territory/sensual stimulation and delight. Basically Basically things which offer immediate visceral pleasure or whose acquisition would. So the idea is enxj may feel a desire for Se experiences, but they are unsure of their ability to generate these experiences for themselves so they gravitate to things, persons, and situations which might give them access by the very nature of it. Often the pursuit of wealth will lead to a greater sense of power, security, and influence from which enfj could change the world morally which is often their conscious desire
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

tl;dr

As I feel with most of your posts (which is usually an indicator of Ti).

(Which is one of the qualities I voted for, along with ENFJ, Fe, Ni, e3, e2, e6, and others.)

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of the poll results -- they're definitely pointing in the right direction. Per usual, Rex is spot on in her observation -- ENFJ 3w2, ftw. That you would ever think you're an ENFP is little more than another piece of evidence that Fe users tend to be more lacking in self-awareness. Yeah, I said it. The rest of us all already think (know) it. Fe users, all other things being equal, have less self-awareness than Fi users (yes, the story gets more complicated when you bring FPs, FJs, TPs, and TJs all into the mix, but the general statement holds pretty damn true).

I would add some more about the "other" qualities, but I'd risk getting infracted (not all is bad, tho).

Lastly, please stop posting videos of yourself on here/the internet.

Good day, sir.

Glycerine

@bologna: what made you decide between 3w2 vs. 3w4?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    @bologna: what made you decide between 3w2 vs. 3w4?
    As heart types, there's some overlap between 2, 3, and 4, for sure. From my standpoint, though, it's an easy decision. Some surface-level traits of 2 fit, but the rest (out and in) don't. Off the top of my head..

• That whole 'need to be needed' tendency would absolutely never fit me, now or in the past. I have a strong aversion to getting my hooks into another and vice versa. My compassion is usually either from a distance or manifest only when asked.
    • On the surface level.. I'm not exactly flashy, either--been there, tried it; didn't suit me. I'm less of a networker and much less of a host. I'm not as self-forgetting, for good and for bad.
    • I can spend a day or so alone without driving myself insane--I very much enjoy some alone time. I'm introspective; sometimes, I suppose, too deeply.
    • I'm more 'aristocrat' or 'professional' than 'charmer,' more ambiverted than balls-out extroverted.
    • The notion of integrity and carving out an identity, internally and externally--or at least turning an eye toward identity--has been extremely important overall.

On those lists/descriptions that compare 3w2 and 3w4 (e.g. here, here, here, here, here), I don't think there's a single 3w2 trait that resonates with me more than a 3w4 trait.

@Sparrow is an ENFJ 3w4 also.