Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Seriously considering core 1w9

I've been thinking about it, and there are just so many things that are not lining up
    - I have trouble seeing myself as a head type. sure, on rare occasion my energy is jittery and nervous and I'm an Ne dom which is very head center-esque, but 95% of the time, my energy is grounded and authoritative, almost like I'm several years older than I really am
    - another reason I doubt being a head type is that, most of the time, I am FUCKING PISSED! I have very good control over my anger and when it gets too much I am good at isolating myself because I don't want to turn all preachy Fi/Te 1-fixer on people, but it's there on an almost constant basis.
    - of all the fictional characters I relate to most, almost all of them are some type of core gut center FP type
    - I am actually incredibly closed minded. while I can force myself to consider views that don't mesh with beliefs, I do so with the sensation of wanting to vomit. this is very non-7, particularly an Ne dom 7.
    - I was nothing like a typical 7 child. in fact, I was relatively well behaved and when I did get in trouble, it was because I believed that they were in the wrong while I was truly acting according to what is right. even as early as 5, I pretty much never violated my own views of right/wrong
    - while 7-->1 makes a fair amount of sense, stressed out 7s are manic, reactive, full of paranoid energy and have trouble controlling their impulses. this is not me at all. at my worst, I become dogmatic, ignorant, ultra conservative, closed minded and full of seething hatred for anything that ever so slightly violates my beliefs. basically, I turn into Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. at my very worst, I have become militant to the extent of being tempted to risk my life for my beliefs.
    - I do not have the self image of a 7. while I certainly have a healthy sense of humor, I have never viewed myself as an entertainer in the least (in fact, my natural tendency is to take myself WAY too seriously). my self image is one of a heroic paladin of justice who defends the weak from the oppressors of freedom whom I spite with my vengeful sword of justice.
    - unlike most 7s, I am not afraid of the darkest depths of my mind. in fact, my natural tendency is often to ruminate on injustices for hours, dreaming of exacting justice and simmering in hateful thoughts for months at a time (stress 4 much?). recently, I have developed enough self awareness to stop myself before or channel my anger into legitimate passion and conviction, but I way WAY more instinctual energy than I've seen in a 7w8, much less a 7w6.
    - I am unusually chill if I am a 1, but this was not always the case. much of my growth and maturity has had to do with learning to let go, not view everything through the lens of reality and realize that i cannot hope to change the inevitability that is human nature.
    - most of my posting on this forum has occurred after significant maturity, but when I was younger, I would literally argue with people for days on issues of Fi significance to me.
    - I struggle a lot with both the 9 and 1 defense mechanisms.

I still believe I am a core 7w6, but what are your thoughts?

@Viridian
    @The Great One
    @Speed Gavroche
    @highlander
    @Cloud of Thunder
    @Thunderbringer @EJCC
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IsFJ

Hmm, that's a toughie. Maybe EJCC can help you out better here than I can... :/

Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Elfboy:

1. You've never seemed One-like to me. Even loud Ones, like me, can give off a very restrained vibe when they're angry, that I've never gotten from you; closest thing I've seen in you is a sort of self-conscious uptight sophistication, but I think that's the 3 in your trifix.

2. In my opinion, your post does not make a strong case for type 1, but instead makes a case for Gut center in general. It would all mesh perfectly with type 8, which I think would make a lot more sense for you.

Edit: In the poll, I voted for both 7w8 and 3w4.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

WALMART

4w3, mark of the Fi user.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

7w8, your 8 wing is making you mistype as core gut center

I used to lurk this site quite a bit and have seen some of your typings. You are a very loud personality. There was a particular thread where you typed most of the character in the show type 8. I think that's very telling. You seem to romanticize the qualities and supposed traits of types 1 and 8.

I think @EJCC made good points. You lack restraint and self censorship of the 1s, a kind of self criticism (you can see this in 4s as well, connection to 1). On the contrary, in the forums, you have a very free-flowing style. Very scattered. Eager to express and share thoughts and opinions. You seem like a head type on the 6/7 side of things. You could actually be a 7w8 instead of 7w6 too, which contributes to your gut confusion as has already been talked about. I have a cousin whom I suspect is a 7w8, though a very unhealthy one, and I see some similarities. I get the impression that you jump types a lot. Why is that? Genuine confusion? Ideation of traits? Are you running from something?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy
    - I do not have the self image of a 7. while I certainly have a healthy sense of humor, I have never viewed myself as an entertainer in the least (in fact, my natural tendency is to take myself WAY too seriously). my self image is one of a heroic paladin of justice who defends the weak from the oppressors of freedom whom I spite with my vengeful sword of justice.
    Do the 7s reading this agree with this? Seeing yourself as an entertainer?

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot
    4w3, mark of the Fi user.
    Once again, he lacks any self-censorship. Has a free-flowing style. Lacks shame, an integral part of 4ness. Even so/sx 4w3, the supposed light stack has a certain amount of shame in their style. In a way, the image types are kind of contrived.

Overall, I see you playing around with traits a lot. Lots of this is me, this is not me stuff. 2d caricatures good for Saturday morning cartoons, but not quite fitting for real people. The ideals you speak of is what I would call surface ideals, something that everyone has, ideal self, ideal life, blah blah. Not the same as 1 fixations. I also remember someone suspecting you a 9w8. Here I believe: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...i-m-3w4-4.html

I'm aware you don't agree with it, but I feel it fits your style. There's something very much in the 9 realms the way you speak of your ideals. Very fantasy oriented, almost cartoonish. It reflects in your avatar as well. Just my 2 cents.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

You could look at the following to give you an idea as to what is likely:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1949082

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1949082

I'm not sure what type you are. Most of what you described sounds more like Fi. I could see 3. I could see 8. I could see a Tritype with 7, 3 and 8. The "move and shaker". Ambitious, innovative and protective. Dynamic go-getter. Focused on the prize. Seeks success and obstacles viewed as challenges. Does that sound right?

1 doesn't seem right at all.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm going to add to the chorus and say you are a 7w8. A seemingly justice-oriented and well-mannered 7w8, but stereotypes suck.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not sure what type you are. Most of what you described sounds more like Fi. I could see 3. I could see 8. I could see a Tritype with 7, 3 and 8. The "move and shaker". Ambitious, innovative and protective. Dynamic go-getter. Focused on the prize. Seeks success and obstacles viewed as challenges. Does that sound right?

1 doesn't seem right at all.
    ^ Yes to all of this.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I'm going to add to the chorus and say you are a 7w8. A seemingly justice-oriented and well-mannered 7w8, but stereotypes suck.
    I could see this. Perhaps it's a strong 8-wing? I see that bleeding all over @Elfboy's posts.

With that in mind, I would go with
    7w8, your 8 wing is making you mistype as core gut center
    Although, I'd say less 'mistype as' and more 'resonate strongly with.'

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do the 7s reading this agree with this? Seeing yourself as an entertainer?
    It could also be that a sp typing 'throws off' the extroversion associated with some of the more extroverted Enneagram types..