I've been thinking about it, and there are just so many things that are not lining up
- I have trouble seeing myself as a head type. sure, on rare occasion my energy is jittery and nervous and I'm an Ne dom which is very head center-esque, but 95% of the time, my energy is grounded and authoritative, almost like I'm several years older than I really am
- another reason I doubt being a head type is that, most of the time, I am FUCKING PISSED! I have very good control over my anger and when it gets too much I am good at isolating myself because I don't want to turn all preachy Fi/Te 1-fixer on people, but it's there on an almost constant basis.
- of all the fictional characters I relate to most, almost all of them are some type of core gut center FP type
- I am actually incredibly closed minded. while I can force myself to consider views that don't mesh with beliefs, I do so with the sensation of wanting to vomit. this is very non-7, particularly an Ne dom 7.
- I was nothing like a typical 7 child. in fact, I was relatively well behaved and when I did get in trouble, it was because I believed that they were in the wrong while I was truly acting according to what is right. even as early as 5, I pretty much never violated my own views of right/wrong
- while 7-->1 makes a fair amount of sense, stressed out 7s are manic, reactive, full of paranoid energy and have trouble controlling their impulses. this is not me at all. at my worst, I become dogmatic, ignorant, ultra conservative, closed minded and full of seething hatred for anything that ever so slightly violates my beliefs. basically, I turn into Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. at my very worst, I have become militant to the extent of being tempted to risk my life for my beliefs.
- I do not have the self image of a 7. while I certainly have a healthy sense of humor, I have never viewed myself as an entertainer in the least (in fact, my natural tendency is to take myself WAY too seriously). my self image is one of a heroic paladin of justice who defends the weak from the oppressors of freedom whom I spite with my vengeful sword of justice.
- unlike most 7s, I am not afraid of the darkest depths of my mind. in fact, my natural tendency is often to ruminate on injustices for hours, dreaming of exacting justice and simmering in hateful thoughts for months at a time (stress 4 much?). recently, I have developed enough self awareness to stop myself before or channel my anger into legitimate passion and conviction, but I way WAY more instinctual energy than I've seen in a 7w8, much less a 7w6.
- I am unusually chill if I am a 1, but this was not always the case. much of my growth and maturity has had to do with learning to let go, not view everything through the lens of reality and realize that i cannot hope to change the inevitability that is human nature.
- most of my posting on this forum has occurred after significant maturity, but when I was younger, I would literally argue with people for days on issues of Fi significance to me.
- I struggle a lot with both the 9 and 1 defense mechanisms.
I still believe I am a core 7w6, but what are your thoughts?
@The Great One
@Cloud of Thunder